Basic question on Amplifiers - Can one use an AVR and a Stereo amp together?

Yup, they will function during stereo listening as well. The pre-outs for subwoofer are different from that present for the Fronts. If you see below image under preouts there are 4 rca ports - "Bottom 2 for sub 1 & 2" , "top 2 for fronts (red for right front and white for left fronts).

When you get the PA , there will be 2 RCA ports on the same and you can just connect the preouts from your AVR to the Power amp , adjust power amp gain/volume and run audyssey. Then you are good to go.

View attachment 53823
Very nicely explained.

I have Marantz NR 1509. I have connected it's pre-outs (L &R) to Sony TA F 590 ES integrated amp.

My main speakers are connected directly to the integrated amp. I suspect if the pre-out of this Marantz is weak. The levels are just enough.

1509 have a poor DAC in my experience and I did not want to use it for music at all. I wished if It had a digital out so that I can use Heos for streaming. Not happening. So I have my DAC connected to the integrated amp for music.

I find AVR's in general to be somewhat lacking for music listening( be it a Marantz , Denon , Onkyo or Yamaha) regardless of the DAC being used inside. Enjoyed listening to music on IA and eventually moved to seperates

I find AVR's in general to be somewhat lacking for music listening( be it a Marantz , Denon , Onkyo or Yamaha) regardless of the DAC being used inside. Enjoyed listening to music on IA and eventually moved to seperates
In your opinion will there be a discernible improvement in adding a crown amp to the setup?

In your opinion will there be a discernible improvement in adding a crown amp to the setup?
Yes there would be a discernible difference, the ELAC demand a decent bit of power. Get a crown xls 1002/1502 from amazon and that should suffice, they have a return option too incase you dont notice any improvement.

Yes there would be a discernible difference, the ELAC demand a decent bit of power. Get a crown xls 1002/1502 from amazon and that should suffice, they have a return option too incase you dont notice any improvement.
The xls 2002 is the same price. So giving that a serious thought!

Can't agree more. Receivers run weaker power supplies with a shallow capacitor bank, lacks dynamics big time.
Then the noise and THD are not music grade regardless of the rest.

I have Marantz NR1608 and l have connected Marantz MM7025 as Power amplifier. Definitely there is improvement in sound quality. Now the high frequencies become more articulated , vocal are little bold and forward with well controlled, tight and agile low end.

I have Marantz NR 1509. I have connected it's pre-outs (L &R) to Sony TA F 590 ES integrated amp.

My main speakers are connected directly to the integrated amp. I suspect if the pre-out of this Marantz is weak. The levels are just enough.

1509 have a poor DAC in my experience and I did not want to use it for music at all. I wished if It had a digital out so that I can use Heos for streaming. Not happening. So I have my DAC connected to the integrated amp for music.
Why cant you stream from the marantz to your IA? With the preouts of the marantz connected to your Sony IA does that not make the marantz just a streaming Preamp in the setup?

Why cant you stream from the marantz to your IA? With the preouts of the marantz connected to your Sony IA does that not make the marantz just a streaming Preamp in the setup?
As I said, the DAC in the Marantz- I think an AK4458 implementation & the pre are no match for the rest of the system.
Sounds anemic and lacks details in comparison to my Pre box S2 Digital.

Using The Marantz only for movies.

HT bypass is basically 'main in' in an integrated amp. I agree that not many amps have them. Though some amps have a separate pre out and main in which is coupled together e g the older NADs had this I think the audiolab integrated do so. If we are to directly couple the line level outputs to the power amps then we lose the control of volume. Therefore it is advised to plug the pre outs to the power amps. In case there are no pre outs we can just connect an integrated amp to the line level outputs.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back