BDP S485 - All regions Blu Ray player

Where did it mention about playing all regions? May be it was modded later.

The Library owner mentioned that it does play all regions and he has tried it out. I specifically asked him if it was modded, he said no!Not available in the Indian market. No warranty:sad:

Most probably they mean it plays all DVD Regions and not Blu-Ray, which is not possible without a Hardware mod. Be careful while buying!

I have tested the BDP S485 with the foll discs......
Region A ( mostly BDs from the US) .... it plays them
Region free ( or ABC - BDs from India)... it plays them
DVD - all regions
Could not test B region since I dont have these BDs, so can't vouch for that.

Some tech specs from the sony website.....
Audio D/A Converter 192kHz/24bit
DTS-HD Master Audio Decoding Yes
Dolby True HD decoding Yes
DTS-HD Master Audio Bit-Stream Out Yes
Dolby TrueHD bit-stream output Yes
LPCM (2ch / 6ch / 8ch) thru HDMI Yes / Yes / Yes
DSD output Yes
DTS bit-stream out Yes
Dolby Digital bit-stream out Yes
Analog (2ch / 5.1ch / 7.1ch) Yes / - / -

TerminalHDMI Output x 1
Component Video Output x 1
Composite Video Output x 1
Digital Audio Output: Coaxial x 1
Analog Audio Output x 1
Ethernet Port Yes
USB Port x 2 (Front, Rear)

hi canchi,

where did you buy this player from,share the details would like to buy if its capable of all zone A,B & C.Can you add complete pick of the rear withe Zone details.

Thank you in advance.

hi canchi,

where did you buy this player from,share the details would like to buy if its capable of all zone A,B & C.Can you add complete pick of the rear withe Zone details.

Thank you in advance.
Naren,
It plays region A ( US BDs) and ABC ( region free=ABC or Indian BDs). Not sure about region B, since I dont have that variety of BD.

Naren,
Bought it at Channel 9 in Jayanagar V Blk. Here is part of the back of the player, apologies for the poor quality of the pic.....

bdp.jpg

@ canchi
chances are, you've got a region A player.
i picked up an s380 from malaysia for rs.6.9k, and it's region A locked for blurays. that's because malaysia is, funnily enough, a region A zone.

@ canchi
chances are, you've got a region A player.
i picked up an s380 from malaysia for rs.6.9k, and it's region A locked for blurays. that's because malaysia is, funnily enough, a region A zone.

I wont know that till I try playing a region B blu-ray. All the BDs I have are either Indian (ABC) or from the US ( region A)....

Hi guys,

Its a region A player. The shop owner is selling it as All Region player in the context of the Blu rays that he has in the library. They are either Reg A or Region All (ABC).
So as per him it plays all the Blu rays and DVDs that he has :eek:hyeah:

I too bought it because I needed a region A player as I already have a Reg C player.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back