Best 2k gaming monitors for ps5 and photo editing.

Ashwin84

Hello friends. I've been searching for a good 2k gaming monitor for use with primarily ps5 and a bit of photo editing and multimedia. It seems the more i look and research , the more i am getting confused. Below are few options that i shortlisted
Asus VG27AQL1A
Acer XV272U
LG 27GL850

Please help me choose one and feel free to suggest few more options within price range of 25-35k.

I read a few reviews of LG, Asus and then referred to RTINGS.com. I finally went for Asus VG27AQL1A and happy overall with how it performs, if I had to nitpick the bottom portion of the screen gets quiet warm (no idea if its unit specific issue) and can radiate a little bit of extra heat.

What do you think of samsung 27 inch odessy g7 ? Its specs are really good but the only thing that bothers me is the VA panel.

I read a few reviews of LG, Asus and then referred to RTINGS.com. I finally went for Asus VG27AQL1A and happy overall with how it performs, if I had to nitpick the bottom portion of the screen gets quiet warm (no idea if its unit specific issue) and can radiate a little bit of extra heat.
Sir do you have any idea about the Amazon renewed products?
This model is currently available in renewed category only for 28k. I am thinking about pulling the plug for this one but a little hesitant about the quality of renewed products .

The seller that is selling the renewed one is ecomstar from Bangalore .Maybe you can help me out as you are also from same city.

Hi,

The price for a new one now is about 32k, why do you want a renewed one?

Hi,

The price for a new one now is about 32k, why do you want a renewed one?
Price for new one was 35k on Amazon last time it was available. I thought 7k is a huge difference that i can save if renewed ones are actually good.

PS5 doesn’t support the 2k resolution currently. Any particular reason you’re looking at that resolution?

PS5 doesn’t support the 2k resolution currently. Any particular reason you’re looking at that resolution?
There will be a firmware update soon for 2k resolution and vrr on ps5. Plus i need a good ips panel that could be useful in photo editing also. So 27inch 1440p suits my needs . I would have chosen 4k panel but all 4k gaming monitors are super expensive right now .

Price for new one was 35k on Amazon last time it was available. I thought 7k is a huge difference that i can save if renewed ones are actually good.

You can get it from IT shops who take order online much cheaper if you get in touch over call, I paid 34500 when it was launched and know it hit 31k after a matter of a few months. Also renewed could possibly have pixel defects and not sure how easily you can get a replacement from the seller vs working with the service center directly. Also if you know the physical store name of ecomstar , can let you know if they are reputed or not.

You can get it from IT shops who take order online much cheaper if you get in touch over call, I paid 34500 when it was launched and know it hit 31k after a matter of a few months. Also renewed could possibly have pixel defects and not sure how easily you can get a replacement from the seller vs working with the service center directly. Also if you know the physical store name of ecomstar , can let you know if they are reputed or not.
I will try to call some local dealers. If i can get 31k for a sealed one then no point going for renewed one.

i own lg 27gn950 monitor and I have not seen any gaming monitor which has such beautiful colours. It’s a treat to eyes. But it doesn’t have HDmi 2.1 support so cannot support 120hz for ps5.

Not sure if you are aware but if you a monitor for ps5 120hz games make sure the monitor has HDmi 2.1 support otherwise you won’t be able to play games at 120hz. There are not lot of monitors out there with HDmi 2.1 support

Last edited:
I have a lg 27gl850. But not using for console gaming. The colors are amazing, well-built qt, excellent viewing angle. but the panel runs a bit on the higher side of the temperature.

I have a lg 27gl850. But not using for console gaming. The colors are amazing, well-built qt, excellent viewing angle. but the panel runs a bit on the higher side of the temp
Are you using it for pc gaming ? How's the overall performance compared to other similar priced monitors?

i own lg 27gn950 monitor and I have not seen any gaming monitor which has such beautiful colours. It’s a treat to eyes. But it doesn’t have HDmi 2.1 support so cannot support 120hz for ps5.

Not sure if you are aware but if you a monitor for ps5 120hz games make sure the monitor has HDmi 2.1 support otherwise you won’t be able to play games at 120hz. There are not lot of monitors out there with HDmi 2.1 support
Ps5 only support 120hz at 1080p resolution. Thats why i was curious about lg 27gl850, because first no 4k 120 hz support with hdmi 2.0. secondly ps5 will accept the 4k resolution from gl850 monitor and monitor will downscale it to 2k. Both gl850 and gn950 will do 120hz at 1080p only and gl850 is quite cheaper then 950.

Ps5 only support 120hz at 1080p resolution. Thats why i was curious about lg 27gl850, because first no 4k 120 hz support with hdmi 2.0. secondly ps5 will accept the 4k resolution from gl850 monitor and monitor will downscale it to 2k. Both gl850 and gn950 will do 120hz at 1080p only and gl850 is quite cheaper then 950.
I was taking about 4k 120fps. One hype of ps5 was that it was going to run 4k 120fps games.

I have the LG32GK650 which I use for casual gaming and photo/video editing.

I find the color spectrum to be pretty good and 2K 120Hz gaming is no problemo on this one

Are you using it for pc gaming ? How's the overall performance compared to other similar priced monitors?
Yes, I use it for pc gaming, but not so graphics-intensive games. I play world of tanks blitz 130fps, same with the world of tanks, ghost recon wildlands, Mostly Rtsg. So fps is not so demanding but the colours are great. Especially in a game called Medieval dynasty the rendering of the landscape is amazing.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back