Best 32" LCD TV quality/ value for money

Yes,

avi (Divx,Xvid),realmedia 10,Dat files too.
No VOb support.

PQ from USB is lifelike,sound OK.

Yes,

avi (Divx,Xvid),realmedia 10,Dat files too.
No VOb support.

PQ from USB is lifelike,sound OK.

hey spirovious... it would be nice if you could answer the following questions

1) How does 32PFL5609 compare to 32LG80FR in terms of
1) Picture quality ( when viewed from 6-8 feet on Tata sky)
2) Sound
3) And does the 32PFL5609 have an IPS Panel ( generally IPS panel is preferred right? )

2) What the cost of the TV after exchange (ie) technically .. without exchange.. it costs 36 k right?

thanks in advance!

1.Overall PQ of Phil is 9/10 & LG 8.5/10. Processor of phil is better than LG as even if you see HD on LG,picture is clear,sharp still dont look like natural.

2.Sound-well do LCDs have better sound?Still its acceptable on Phil & similar to old CRT.I can here low freq close to 70k with few ch,other wise 80Hz to 10Khz.

3.Phil dont have IPS & thats the drawback as viewing angle is 120 & then clearity lost,picture visible to claimed 178.LG has edge here with true 178 angle.
4.I still have Dishtv & with composite PQ is much better.LG too is good with DTH.Better than 29in CRT as pixelation is visible in CRT from 6ft.

Well in short Philips has much better PQ than LG80 in all aspect.If you like lifelike PQ Phil better than LG.Next to Phil is Samy530.Motion is no issue.

DAT files of 320 from USB too look better.I am watching from 10ft.
Dark details are better in Philips than LG.

Price-MRP 38k,after exchange Rs.33040 ,adding extra warrenty Rs.1080

Final price Rs.34120 with still old tv lying with me.:eek:hyeah:

Well in short Philips has much better PQ than LG80 in all aspect.If you like lifelike PQ Phil better than LG.Next to Phil is Samy530.Motion is no issue.

DAT files of 320 from USB too look better.I am watching from 10ft.
Dark details are better in Philips than LG.

Price-MRP 38k,after exchange Rs.33040 ,adding extra warrenty Rs.1080

Final price Rs.34120 with still old tv lying with me.:eek:hyeah:

thanks a lot for your insights! appreciated :)

one more query .. Is 32PFL5409 any good? It costs around 32k and boasts of good picture clarity.. what are the differences between 32PFL5409 and 32PFL5609 ?

thanks !

one more query .. Is 32PFL5409 any good? It costs around 32k and boasts of good picture clarity.. what are the differences between 32PFL5409 and 32PFL5609 ?

thanks !

5609 is FHD and 5604 is HD ready.

3.Phil dont have IPS & thats the drawback as viewing angle is 120 & then clearity lost,picture visible to claimed 178.LG has edge here with true 178 angle.
well even IPS panels are only good for 120 to 130 degrees,only some PRO spec IPS like the ones use by NEC H-IPS have even better viewing angle and better colors but poor black levels compared to S-IPS and alpha ips .

Last edited:
Thanks adder!

how would you rate 5409 when compared to the LG 80FR? I am looking at these two televisions for USB multimedia capability .. also I have budget constraints.. do you think 5409 is a good buy?

well i haven't seen the 5409,but if its the 5609 then i would rate it better then LG 80FR.especialy in SD content.

thanks !

Well apart from HDready, there shldnt be much difference.I saw it for short duration & cant say any cons as I finalised 5609 by the time.:)

Thanks adder!

how would you rate 5409 when compared to the LG 80FR? I am looking at these two televisions for USB multimedia capability .. also I have budget constraints.. do you think 5409 is a good buy?

Apart from what adder and Spiro have already said, hope you have noticed the maroon borders on the LG80. Some like it some hate it.
For sound, the LG80 series is superior to other brands in that price range.

Last edited:
thanks adder, daddycool and spirovious !

Apart from what adder and Spiro have already said, hope you have noticed the maroon borders on the LG80. Some like it some hate it.
For sound, the LG80 series is superior to other brands in that price range.

I don't mind the maroon borders. not saying its good though.. but not too particular abt design/colors.. only features/quality :)

my budget is 30-33k max.. can you guys suggest the best lcd 32 inch tvs in that bracket.. LG 80 FR is not there in most places here in chennai. dealers say LG has stopped the product.. what about other brands.?

and I would like a combo of good clarity+decent sound + USB functionality (would be nice if USB multimedia playing capability is thr)

thanks in advance!

I don't mind the maroon borders. not saying its good though.. but not too particular abt design/colors.. only features/quality :)

my budget is 30-33k max.. can you guys suggest the best lcd 32 inch tvs in that bracket.. LG 80 FR is not there in most places here in chennai. dealers say LG has stopped the product.. what about other brands.?

and I would like a combo of good clarity+decent sound + USB functionality (would be nice if USB multimedia playing capability is thr)

thanks in advance!

well the philips fits ur feature requirement,the sony are out of ur budget ,poor usb support.
the 5609 was quoted to me at 34k without bargaining.

well the philips fits ur feature requirement,the sony are out of ur budget ,poor usb support.
the 5609 was quoted to me at 34k without bargaining.

Price in B'lore is very good,here MRP is 38k & I cld get lowest as 33k after exchange.

thanks in advance!
My personal opinion is that the sound quality of most LCD TVs is unsatisfactory. The LG80FR is far better than the others. But then again, is SQ a major factor in your TV purchase? It wasn't for me. I use the TV sound when it is not music or movies. Otherwise I play the sound through the HTS.
If you would do that, you can ignore the SQ aspect and focus on other things like PQ and features like USB capability, kinds of inputs, etc.
If you want FHD, my choice in that budget would be the Sammy LA32B530 or the Philips one if you can bargain for it. If not, then look at LGs LH35FR which will comfortably fit in your budget. The down side of this one is you get just one component in. The LF20FR is still cheaper but without the USB.
Note that the Samsung USBs will not play video content; just jpeg and MP3. Not sure about the Philips.

The LG80FR is far better than the others.

What about 32LH60YR??
It is supposed to sound better than LG80FR?
The design also does not have the pink border.

Also what is this 5.1 sound they talk about in this TV?
Does this TV decode DTS sound from USB drive and create a 5.1 effect or take only 2.1 in and simulate?

If you ask abt 2009, I can give you 2 opt.

Phil5609/5409 ,SamyB530/550, Sony V550

I went for Philips,though costly, it has more features too.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back