Best 32" LCD TV quality/ value for money

I paid 32000. same as you. yes lg was giving dvd player and movie pack, but i did not take dvd player.

LG is fooling peaple by simply adding DVDp cost into TV price ,then deducting it when one dont need it.

LG is fooling peaple by simply adding DVDp cost into TV price ,then deducting it when one dont need it.

pretty much every company does that,i mean there is no such thing as free lunch;).also i read some where that those free dvds are all ripped version,with useless movies.

So I finally went ahead and got the Samsung 32" B530 FHD LCD yesterday for the bedroom. Chose this over the LG primarily due to the price and the sales experience in the Samsung showroom was a LOT better.

It looks pretty good with normal Airtel feed. Viewing distance is around 5-9 feet, depending on where on the bed I'm viewing from. The other source is WD TV. I don't have much movie content now. But will be building it over time. Checked out my own QoS DVD vob rip. Looked lovely.

Only gripe as of now is the shiny plastic frame:
- it reflects lights in the room and distracts a bit. I would have preferred matt.
- it is a dust magnet !

I felt that the PV8 has a much better build quality. Feels well put together. The Samsung feels relatively flimsy. The stand, the TV itself, the AV sockets.

Overall wonderful set.

Price details - as mentioned before:
Samsung - final price 33K
EMI scheme:
Processing nil, 11K dp, 2750 for 8 months.
So total price 33K.

So I finally went ahead and got the Samsung 32" B530 FHD LCD yesterday for the bedroom. Chose this over the LG primarily due to the price and the sales experience in the Samsung showroom was a LOT better.

It looks pretty good with normal Airtel feed. Viewing distance is around 5-9 feet, depending on where on the bed I'm viewing from. The other source is WD TV. I don't have much movie content now. But will be building it over time. Checked out my own QoS DVD vob rip. Looked lovely.

Only gripe as of now is the shiny plastic frame:
- it reflects lights in the room and distracts a bit. I would have preferred matt.
- it is a dust magnet !

I felt that the PV8 has a much better build quality. Feels well put together. The Samsung feels relatively flimsy. The stand, the TV itself, the AV sockets.

Overall wonderful set.

Congrats Shuv, do post feedback on how WDTV Full HD rips are displayed.

plasma usualy have a thicker plastic,since the weight of the PDP is much heavier then LCD panel,so it no suprise.but i agree that samsung build quality isn't the best,the AV sockets do move a bit or even go inside a bit while connecting cables.

@daddycool,

I just checked PanyX9 which dont have spk grill @ bottom,Its border is Dark,little glossy Black & Dish tv was looking superb(like plasma)
I m not getting speci of the said model,anyone has link?

@daddycool,

I just checked PanyX9 which dont have spk grill @ bottom,Its border is Dark,little glossy Black & Dish tv was looking superb(like plasma)
I m not getting speci of the said model,anyone has link?

well i have the panasonic india entire product list catalog,that i got at a expo.
the specifcation is exactly the same as X10 except the X9 lacks side A/V input.rest of the specs atleast from the catalog are identical i.e dynamic 20k contrast,60000hrs,ips alpha etc.

well i have the panasonic india entire product list catalog,that i got at a expo.
the specifcation is exactly the same as X10 except the X9 lacks side A/V input.rest of the specs atleast from the catalog are identical i.e dynamic 20k contrast,60000hrs,ips alpha etc.

Thanks,
I hope HDMI are 2 atleast?We cldnt see avexpo this yr & so dont know abt Pany other models.Which model do you recommend from new Pany range?
How do grade the performance?

Thanks,
I hope HDMI are 2 atleast?We cldnt see avexpo this yr & so dont know abt Pany other models.Which model do you recommend from new Pany range?
How do grade the performance?

yes it does have 2 HDMI according to the spec,like i told before i only got a look a the X10.which doesn't offer much improvements over last years model,although it appears they have fine tuned the dynamic contrast algorithm.

Congrats Shuv, do post feedback on how WDTV Full HD rips are displayed.
Don't have any FullHD rips as such. I 'briefly' checked out a Hitman print today. Blu-Ray rip compressed to around 4GB.

Looks flawless from normal (8-9) viewing distances. A bit grainy from up close (1-2ft). But that's expected I guess.

TV is, as I said, pretty good. Here too the pixelations are more evident up close and also pixelations seem to be more than the PV8 - again, both being viewed from around 2-4 ft.

But at the same time, from that close, the 530 picture looks smoother compared to the plasma, since in the PV8, the pixel dot's are somewhat visible. The LCD having double the pixel density packed in a smaller size panel, does not have those 'minute dots'.

Yes that's right. LF20. Typed that post using the cell. Must have goofed up.

So 33K sounds like a go then??

The B450 (4series HD ready) is for 29 to 30K
The B350 (3series HD ready) is for around 28K
Did not bargain for these two.

I compared the B450 and the B530 side by side with the same HD feed and the same TataSky Channel (Zee news). Looked quite similar from 6-7ft distance. But since FHD is just a few thou more it seems to be the better deal.

hi ,

can you tell me , where did you got the price from (address of shop)?
till today, i have NOT received such good price here in rajajinagar bangalore for samsung B530.

pls give me full model number

thanks

hi ,

till today, i have NOT received such good price here in rajajinagar bangalore for samsung B530.

thanks

Raj.
I would suggest you to checkout Ezone located near Ashoka pillar rather than Rajaji nagar. I visited Ezone Rajajinagar twice and came back without buying one as i did not like the sales guys attitude. Also i feel theres diff in price in Rajaji nagar and ashoka pillar branch.

If you wanna buy samsung, then go to 32B550. If LG, you can buy LF20 for 32K and LG80(Jazz) for 38K.

hi ,

thanks
I got the quote and bought it too at 33K :)

I see you are in Bangalore. I bought the set from the Samsung showroom (Fundamental electronics) at City Centre Salt lake.

The model no (if i recall correctly) is 32 B530 P7R

You can also consider the newly launched LG JAZZ Theatre. It has all the impressive features and also the sound is much better than the competition. I got the 32" for Rs 38k after lot of bargaining.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back