Best 32" LCD TV quality/ value for money

Saw many developmental gltches and Hardware and software integration issues. ( I was Prod Head for DVD then!)

Hmmm sad, in fact I started have respect for Onida after seeing their Window and Split A/C performance with the Highly COmpressors (HItachi!). EVen one LCD I saw of Onida was good, so was thinking may be Onida is slowly getting back to where they were.

Sad!

Saw many developmental gltches and Hardware and software integration issues.

Well, I have not heard of any product/project where the software integration was smooth, they do take 1 or 2 releases/updates to stabilize. However, if the manufacturer is willingly releasing products with critical defects/issues into the market, it is something that we should be wary of and keep as far away as possible from them. I am not aware of the quality assurance practices of this specific manufacturer, but my parents have a 12yr+ old CTV of the same brand, which is working without a glitch so far.

Well, I have not heard of any product/project where the software integration was smooth, they do take 1 or 2 releases/updates to stabilize. However, if the manufacturer is willingly releasing products with critical defects/issues into the market, it is something that we should be wary of and keep as far away as possible from them. I am not aware of the quality assurance practices of this specific manufacturer, but my parents have a 12yr+ old CTV of the same brand, which is working without a glitch so far.

Hi,
I have also seen Onida CTV working fine for many years without glitch (my relative had one). The build quality was good. It has stood up to MNC competition since many years. While I do believe Mr. Hemant's obeservation is right, I think we should not write off their LCD TV's without testing with our DVD /Satellite decoder.
Regds

well a onida or a VU brand or a videcon which is a third tier lcd brad probably using the similar panels that u find in a lg or a samsung or even a sony which are 1st tier brands.these third tier brands usualy get last years panels for a cheaper price or rejected panels from first tier manufactures,rejected due to not meeting the requirement of 1st tier brands.
even in brands such as samsung and sony,some people say the sony uses a samsung panel( a panel from S lcd plant) so why buy a sony then the cheaper samsung.
while its true that sony uses the same glass LC layer and some other components from the S lcd factory,they still use their custom backlight and color filters in panels.same goes to AU or cmo panels etc where first tier manufactures order with different color filters and backlight.
then comes the image processing where these 1st tier lcd companies try maintain the edge by having a better image processing,this year both sony and samsung have improved significantly over last year models,again with a price,both the newer models have a higher input lag compared to last year model,with sonys BE3 a bit lesser.

Pan 32X9D for 35k less was looking better than Pan LE10,Philips,LG.

Where did you see the Panasonic L32x9D?
A ebay seller is offering this one at a fabulous price with Panasonic warranty. I have never seen this LCD nor the X10. Can you tell me how good was the PQ and the looks of the LCD?
Was the picture much better than the LE8, which I think is very dull?
Was the bezel (border) dirty matte like the LE8 or was it glossy like the LGs and Samsungs?

Thanks. I got it for the same price from Devi International but without the DTH subscription, but with 50 movie pack. Did you get the movie pack? Did you also get the DVD player ?

Hi,

I did not get DVD player nor 50 DVD pack. Was there any offer?
How much did you pay for the tv?

Thanks. Could you please throw some light on the rest of my question?

well nothing gr8 with X9,but is clear than LE10.LE8 was better than LE8.

PQ was better than LE10,Philips but similar to LG.SD looked better,not best like Sony V550.Colours little dull.I am not impressed much by that.

Checked on the LG LH20 FR FHD and the Samsung FHD B530 deals again today at respective brand shops.
LG - final price 33.7K
EMI scheme:
Processing Rs. 400, 7.8K dp, 18xx for 14 months.
So total price 34.1

Samsung - final price 33K
EMI scheme:
Processing nil, 11K dp, 2750 for 8 months.
So total price 33K.

Any comments on the prices? Do they sound like good deals?

Checked on the LG LH20 FR FHD and the Samsung FHD B530 deals again today at respective brand shops.
LG - final price 33.7K
EMI scheme:
Processing Rs. 400, 7.8K dp, 18xx for 14 months.
So total price 34.1

Samsung - final price 33K
EMI scheme:
Processing nil, 11K dp, 2750 for 8 months.
So total price 33K.

Any comments on the prices? Do they sound like good deals?

The Samsung @ 33K is a fabulous deal IMHO.
For LG you must be referring to the LF20FR which is a full HD. AFAIK, the LH20 is not FHD.

I saw HDready from Hitachi with IPS panal was looking far better.I watched cricket Aus vs Pak & SD was looking stable & sharp.with HD ,colours were accurate & sharp,better than HDready Pany X10.I forgot to get model no & tried E-zone no,noone picking up.Price was told 31k with Hitachi India 1yr warrenty.

The Samsung @ 33K is a fabulous deal IMHO.
For LG you must be referring to the LF20FR which is a full HD. AFAIK, the LH20 is not FHD.

Yes that's right. LF20. Typed that post using the cell. Must have goofed up.

So 33K sounds like a go then??

The B450 (4series HD ready) is for 29 to 30K
The B350 (3series HD ready) is for around 28K
Did not bargain for these two.

I compared the B450 and the B530 side by side with the same HD feed and the same TataSky Channel (Zee news). Looked quite similar from 6-7ft distance. But since FHD is just a few thou more it seems to be the better deal.

LG offering DVDp with LF20 too,if not req ?3k will be less...
That discount has been considered.

Samsung is also giving a DVD player - model no P490. MRP is 4490 apparently ! Really marked up. Anyway if one does not take it, then they are reducing 3K.

Both LG and Samsung prices I have mentioned are just for the TV, factoring in all discounts.

Yes that's right. LF20. Typed that post using the cell. Must have goofed up.

So 33K sounds like a go then??

The B450 (4series HD ready) is for 29 to 30K
The B350 (3series HD ready) is for around 28K
Did not bargain for these two.

I compared the B450 and the B530 side by side with the same HD feed and the same TataSky Channel (Zee news). Looked quite similar from 6-7ft distance. But since FHD is just a few thou more it seems to be the better deal.

For the B530 that is a gr8 price. never seen it at under 35K. So if you want FHD, that's the way to go. Oh yes, you can get the LG32LF20FR at under 30K if you liked that one. Note that the pundits place Sammy above LG but trust your eyes to see if the difference is worth the money.
There is also a school of thought that FHD may not be worth at 32" and with our normal content. Consider that too and decide whether to go for the Sam B450 or LG FH20 as cheaper alternatives.

well nothing gr8 with X9,but is clear than LE10.LE8 was better than LE8.

PQ was better than LE10,Philips but similar to LG.SD looked better,not best like Sony V550.Colours little dull.I am not impressed much by that.

Hope I have understood you correctly. You are saying that the x9D is better than LE10 and it is similar to LG but is dull in comparison to the Sony V550 which is a full HD. Is that right?
And which model of LG are you referring to?
And finally, is the frame finish glossy? Is there a speaker grill at the bottom? If it is there, is that grill glossy too?
Sorry about all the questions because if I go for the ebay deal I may not get a chance to see it first. The ebay offer is just 25.5K.

Hope I have understood you correctly. You are saying that the x9D is better than LE10 and it is similar to LG but is dull in comparison to the Sony V550 which is a full HD. Is that right?
And which model of LG are you referring to?
And finally, is the frame finish glossy? Is there a speaker grill at the bottom? If it is there, is that grill glossy too?
Sorry about all the questions because if I go for the ebay deal I may not get a chance to see it first. The ebay offer is just 25.5K.

well Pany9D is not very Glossy OR just like LE8,but its midway,little dark grey.
Still looks better than LE8 in show.PQ wise not much improovement other than clearity.LE10 & LE8 looks better in PQ.SD images were not sharp,stable as Sony.Grill I cld not see as I was just observing PQ,still I can say no still @ bottom.LG model again I didnt see as I was mostly comparing Sony & Pany.
LG may be series 50.

LG scarlet 2.0has betterspeci & rev too.-
LCD TVs- Jazz & Scarlet For Ultimate Picture Quality In Full High Definition | LG India

LG 32LH7000 TV review - from the experts at whathifi.com
Techtree.com India > Reviews > Entertainment > LCD TV > LG Scarlet 2.0 (42LH70YR): 42-inch TV

PLEASE READ MY THREAD....I ONLY PARTIALLY AGREE WITH U

http://www.hifivision.com/television/6316-caution-hd-ready-vs-full-hd-32-inch.html

Helium, Look for a HD Ready model, at 32, there is no way you will find a difference between HD Ready and Full HD even if you play a Blu Ray content. It just that too many market misnomers exist that says Full HD is best at all sizes.

Full HD makes a difference at 50 and above to be honest, and to an extent at 42 (very minor even that).

The Pana LE is a perfect VFM at this price range and can be negotiated for 30k easily

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back