Best 32" LCD TV quality/ value for money

I am given price of 32LF-20 Rs.32500 & 1500 less for old tv.
32LH35 for 34k & again 1500less in exchange @ vijaysales...

Those prices are high. Where are you from in Mumbai? Here is some info you can use.
I visited Next, Marol last Saturday. Next puts a price tag of Rs 37000/- for this one. I told the guy, give me your best price for this model, the LG 32LH20 and the sammy LA32B450C4. He went and consulted with someone and came back with a price of Rs 32000/- for the above mentioned TV. Further, at Next you can avail of a 5% discount if you use a ICICI Bank credit or debit card. You can get another 5% off if you have purchased from Next before. I am sure, if you tell them you are getting a good price elsewhere, they will give you both those discounts without a fuss.
SL Electronics at Kalina offered this model at Rs 30000/- to my brother last week. Talk to Shah - two six six six zero eight four one or two six six six one two four zero or two six six six one four three four.
You can also check out New TV Town at Mahim near Paradise. The guy can give some very good prices if you tell him you checked online. He hasn't posted a price on the LF20 at the moment but he should be able to give it at around 30K. The advantage with him is that he had offered me Rs 3.5K exchange price on my 21" LG Flatron when he was trying to sell me the LA32A450 which he can give at 30K. He has a good price on the LG80 as well. Check him out via Naaptol first.

Those prices are high. Where are you from in Mumbai? Here is some info you can use.
I visited Next, Marol last Saturday. Next puts a price tag of Rs 37000/- for this one. I told the guy, give me your best price for this model, the LG 32LH20 and the sammy LA32B450C4. He went and consulted with someone and came back with a price of Rs 32000/-

Update- Are you aware of Next offer?They r giving 5% less if you pay off ICICI/Axis Debitcard.Additional 5% less if you are earlier Next customer.
In that way I got Final price of 32LH20 with exchange of CRT came to Rs.26300, So I asked for LH35,but they dont have stock for that upto Diwali.:sad: I may have to wait.I asked another shop ,he said LH35 can come to 31500 with exchange.
what do you think of 32LH35?

Update- Are you aware of Next offer?They r giving 5% less if you pay off ICICI/Axis Debitcard.Additional 5% less if you are earlier Next customer.
I already wrote that in my earlier post. Didn't you see it?
In that way I got Final price of 32LH20 with exchange of CRT came to Rs.26300, So I asked for LH35,but they dont have stock for that upto Diwali.:sad: I may have to wait.I asked another shop ,he said LH35 can come to 31500 with exchange.
what do you think of 32LH35?
LH20 you can easily get for 28K without exchange and before bargain so I think 26.3 bargained price is not that good. As I said, check with Karan Dua of New TV Town, Mahim and Shah of SL Electronics in Kalina. With Karan, you tell him you saw the price of 31999 on his page at Naaptol. Also ask him for a decent exchange discount.

Hi TV Gurus,

I'm planning to secretly gift my wife an LCD TV on this Diwali and want your advice that will befits my needs below.

Best 32" LCD TV quality/ value for money
  • Room size:10X15
  • Viewing distance: 8 feet
  • Good after sales service

Kindest regards

Finally Helium which TV you bought for diwali??

Hi guys,
I'm new here but I'm also getting a 32incher for my living room.

I picked the LG 32LF20FR the reasons:

I can connect my PC to it via HDMI(HDCP).:eek:hyeah: (Main reason for buying LCD)
My wife can watch Tv while I work on my PC as it gives the PIP function.
Getting an LG HDMI DVD player along with HDMI cable. No need for a onboard USB port as the DVD player free along has the USB port.
Moreover its FULL HD 1920*1080 with IPS panel.

The deal cost 36000 with
LCD + AIRTEL DTH + DVD LG DV 388 + 50 DVD Title + BONUS HDMI CABLE for all 36K
18 Instalments 4 advance in Down payments. Rs 36000 he just threw the deal and I've yet to confirm if I don needs the goodies how much is the damage.
I'm getting it tomorrow,
Thsi is the best deal with FHD LCD with PIP function.:clapping:

Hi guys,
I'm new here and I'm also getting a 32incher for my living room.

I can connect my PC to it via HDMI(HDCP).:eek:hyeah: (Main reason for buying LCD)
My wife can watch Tv while I work on my PC as it gives the PIP function.
Getting an LG HDMI DVD player along with HDMI cable. No need for a onboard USB port as the DVD player free along has the USB port.
Moreover its FULL HD 1920*1080 with IPS panel.

The deal cost 36000 with
LCD + AIRTEL DTH + DVD LG DV 388 + 50 DVD Title + BONUS HDMI CABLE for all 36K
18 Instalments 4 advance in Down payments. Rs 36000 he just threw the deal and I've yet to confirm if I don needs the goodies how much is the damage.
I'm getting it tomorrow,
This is the best deal with FHD LCD with PIP function.:clapping:

That too with free complimentary installation by the LG people with wall mounting kit.......

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I'm new here but I'm also getting a 32incher for my living room.

:

Congrates,
I think all current LCDs are with HDCP(HDMI)
Price is good too.

Well its a fact and I do not believe every LCD is HDCP compliant as all manufacturers sometime do not mention this in the specs...:confused::confused:
Hence I'll be taking a HDCP test thru a PS3 and bluray on the shop and play some HDCP content on LCD via HDMI. :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Well its a fact and I do not believe every LCD is HDCP compliant as all manufacturers sometime do not mention this in the specs...:confused::confused:
Hence I'll be taking a HDCP test thru a PS3 and bluray on the shop and play some HDCP content on LCD via HDMI. :eek:hyeah:

Well is HDCP really needed for viewing Bluray mov of BDP?
If BDp is with HDCP,can ordinary LCD display it?

NO HDCP is not req as such as. Hollywood is not ready for it as there are so many HD LCD sets around the globe which are not HDCP compliant and if this standard is followed than either those people have to throw away their sets or watch the movie thru Component out and miss the fun of BDp

Yes it can display, but not thru HDMI and DVI port but thru Component and Composite output as PS3 can do...
HDCP is the future for safeguarding the media content from Piracy and Companies have started taking the steps in this direction the proof is SONY has stopped manufacturing the CRT TVs. :clapping:

Last edited:
I did not picked the LG LCD.

Dad came along and when the salesmann connected to the Tatasky, picture was so fuzzy and Airtel seemed to be much clearer but still fuzzy and every LCD on the Showroom proved on 32" it will look fuzzy until you are at a distance of 12-15 ft.
I was adamant:sad: to pick it but Dad went berserk:mad: and he refused to let it in the house.
I was adamant because dealer wanted to give away the model 32LF20FR for mere Rs.31,500 with Airtel DTH alone. I connected my friends Laptop to it thru VGA and sitting in front for just 15 min made my head go spinning around the world. So I dropped the 32" idea. I was excited:eek:hyeah: like I was going to ********* .. but DAD flushed it... :(
So let it be a lesson for other when you go hunting a LCD don't take your OLD GUNS along...........:thumbsup:

Sky : Watch your language- MBR

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not picked the LG LCD.

Dad came along and when the salesmann connected to the Tatasky, picture was so fuzzy and Airtel seemed to be much clearer but still fuzzy and every LCD on the Showroom proved on 32" it will look fuzzy until you are at a distance of 12-15 ft.
I was adamant:sad: to pick it but Dad went berserk:mad: and he refused to let it in the house.
I was adamant because dealer wanted to give away the model 32LF20FR for mere Rs.31,500 with Airtel DTH alone. I connected my friends Laptop to it thru VGA and sitting in front for just 15 min made my head go spinning around the world. So I dropped the 32" idea. I was excited:eek:hyeah: like I was going to fcuk a virgin .. but DAD flushed it... :(
So let it be a lesson for other when you go hunting a LCD don't take your OLD GUNS along...........:thumbsup:
I don't know what you experienced but I have no issues watching my 32" Samsung from about 6 ft distance. However, if you wanted to use the TV as monitor for your laptop, then you must have been much closer. That will not be so comfortable.
I have visited dozens of showrooms and seen TS, Airtel, Big, etc. on 32" LCD and did not find it particularly fuzzy. I suspect there was some issue at that particular showroom you went to.
Rider to lesson: If you have to take your old guns along, make sure you check it out yourself first before the joint delegation's visit.

Hi friends,

After discussing here with you & daddycool especially,I picked up Philips 32PFL5609 for 34120(actually 33k) with total 3yr warrenty(2yr extended with additional 1k+) with exchange of OLd CRT(3k) yesterday.

I can say its very good LCD with few cons-
1.Viewing angle though 178 ,actual 120(clearity wise)
2.No Backlight control exept few presets.

Otherwise with DishTV composite,it has much better PQ(best from 10+ft)

DVD looks great with OLD DVDp in composite,even copied "CARS" looks gr8.
Imagine if I play of component OR HDMI?

It can play DAT,DIVX,Xvid from USB.

I will shift to TATASKY & check lator.

overall 9/10 (2009models)

@spirovious
finaly ,congrats on ur purchase,:)

Really thanks to you adder as I discused a lot on with you in PM.
Your sencere replies helped me a lot,though I didnt go with Sony550 as recommended,still your HTPC+ Philips posts helped.

Thanks again...:yahoo:

Hi friends,

After discussing here with you & daddycool especially,I picked up Philips 32PFL5609 for 34120(actually 33k) with total 3yr warrenty(2yr extended with additional 1k+) with exchange of OLd CRT(3k) yesterday.

Otherwise with DishTV composite,it has much better PQ(best from 10+ft)

DVD looks great with OLD DVDp in composite,even copied "CARS" looks gr8.
Imagine if I play of component OR HDMI?

It can play DAT,DIVX,Xvid from USB.

I will shift to TATASKY & check lator.

Congrats!
I'm sure you'll enjoy your new baby. Let me guess. You got it from Croma?

Hey congrats Spirovious for ur new purchase:clapping:...

Enjoy ! :cheers:

I totally agree with you on that Daddycool...

Last edited:
Hi friends,

Congrats Spi, finally u went with your heart :) Philips eh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back