Best 32" LCD TV quality/ value for money

Anand ,
there are many users on this forum who are using both panny lcd's and plasma's,
this issue is not a common issue as, it does not make sense or logic, why would the tv's stop working after warranty.

There are only 2 to 3 main components in current tvs. the circuit board the power supply and the panel.

Out of which both the power supply and main board can be replaced.

If there is Cracked Screen/Vertical lines or Horizontal Line on screen, then it can be a problem with the panel itself and can't be repaired, the entire panel would need to he changed which would be very expensive.

Hi,
Recently I bought a Samsung Series 5 32 inch LCD. Model-LA32B530P7R. Well I also searched the net till I got sick of it, then went to the showroom still not decided between LG and Samsung.Also I was a bit apprehensive if 32 inch would be too big and was also thinking of 26 inch LGLH20. Samsung had a sleeker look and also I knew that it was reputed in the LCD market worldwide. I would say that it looks fine for me, though I have no idea whether it is the best. I had changed the default settings from this site--> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14113954#post14113954.

I prefer a dull/matt finish as it doesn't reflect light unlike gloss finish. This becomes irritating sometimes when we have light in the room.
My question remains unanswered. Does the x10 have a glossy bezel or is it matte? I have never seen a x10 so far.

Thanks. I got it for the same price from Devi International but without the DTH subscription, but with 50 movie pack. Did you get the movie pack? Did you also get the DVD player ?
Today i bought LG 32LF20FR Full HD 1080p LCD TV for Rs.32000 with Airtel DTH with 3 months subscription in E-Zone Bangalore.

I think this is the cheapest Full HD LCD TV you can buy. I was impressed with picture quality. MRP on the sticker was 37990 and later sales guy confirmed it as 35K after talking to some one. When they were generating bill, system was showing 32K. All in all its a wonderful deal IMO.

I was also considering Samsung LA32B530 Full HD in 32" and Sony KLV550A (HD Ready) but i found LG displaying clear picture.

All the best.

Thanks. I got it for the same price from Devi International but without the DTH subscription, but with 50 movie pack. Did you get the movie pack? Did you also get the DVD player ?

Congrates,
Pls dont forget to rev & specially SD viewing(DTH)

(lowest price 30k Compare India)

Last edited:
Ok so this may not be the best brand for your wife but I did a preview on Onida Xaria Lite 32. The picture is simply stunning for a HD Ready TV. Source was DVD & was connected via Composite & the picture was still very good. The finish is also good & this TV is selling for as little as Rs. 25K minus all the frills such as free Sky & DVD Player.

The only flaw I found was the switching ON & OFF of the TV being a little slow to respond from the remote.

Can't comment on Onida Service as I have never owned any of their products but I do know the network is good.

Ok so this may not be the best brand for your wife but I did a preview on Onida Xaria Lite 32. The picture is simply stunning for a HD Ready TV. Source was DVD & was connected via Composite & the picture was still very good. The finish is also good & this TV is selling for as little as Rs. 25K minus all the frills such as free Sky & DVD Player.

The only flaw I found was the switching ON & OFF of the TV being a little slow to respond from the remote.

Can't comment on Onida Service as I have never owned any of their products but I do know the network is good.

It has Flauridja chip for upscaling.

Pls do not touch it.. may be good fitrst impression - still a lot of hardware and software integration issues!

well thats because its a plasma,which is always glossy.he is talking about the X10 lcd,which i think had a matte screen.

That's right. I was asking about the 32" x10 LCD from Panasonic. I am not asking about the LCD screen but the bezel, the black border around the LCD panel.

Spent some time comparing the LG 32LH20FR and the Samsung 32 B530. Both Full HD, both being fed the same 'Sony demo' HD feed.

Detail wise seemed pretty similar.
The LG seemed to show up more details in the shadow portions of landscape shots (I'm not aware of the settings in the respective TVs). A Sony BE3 FHD was also nearby. Either S or V550. Can't recall. The shadow detail of the LG and the Sony was similar.

Colours of the LG seemed truer (was comparing the ManU red shirts).

LG retail was 34.4, Samsung 34.9.

This LG had an offer on it day before (last weekend) and was selling for 32K.

I would probably prefer the LG over the Samsung although the Sammy TV design is better.

Also on the same wall were the Panny LE8 (28K) and the Sharp A37 (27K?). Quite obviously they didn't stand a chance. The same picture looked definitely fuzzier in them.

These FHD prices are so close to the HDReady ones that IMO, it's better to go for FHD in the 32" segment.

*Comparo was done at eZone.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back