Best 42" in budget

anubisX

Hello everyone, I know it's been discussed a thousand times and I'm sorry for that. But I'm in desparate need of guidance and my requirement is little different than others.

I currently have Sammy 32" B530 LCD (using for past 3yrs or so) and I would like to upgrade to 42". I use my LCD with my PC and not for TV viewing. I watch HD movies and play games when I'm not working on PC. I might get the PS3 / PS4 and a BD player soon. I have Radeon 6850 1GB and I connect the LCD with HDMI.

My budget is 42-48K (lower is better :D) and I want the best I can get in that budget. LED / Plasma, anything that gives me the chill in my budget :D You guys are the expert and you help everyone so I'm hoping to hear from you guys soon.

P.S, My room is neither dark nor brightly-lit and I don't have any window facing the TV.

Since you are a gamer, plasma is not suitable. Look for recent LG LED TVs. Sony and Samsung will be expensive.

I'm not a hardcore gamer, just play games and mostly on PC all the time. Watch movies too. Anyways, I'll check LG LED TVs. Any model in particular ?

Plasma is not recommended as you are using the TV as a PC monitor a lot. The chances of temporary IR due to static images is high.

In the 40-48k budget, it will be difficult to find a good LED but LCD is very much possible. Look out for LG (LG has so many models that it is very confusing to suggest one) or Samsung 4 Series or Sony BX/CX series.

sony bx series will be avilable at 48k..i am using that..its pretty good with good matarial.and some setting tweak..but colours are awfully bad with hd dth...washed out colours...
of course bad quality than plasmas..agreed

If you are going to use TV for HTPC, then you could consider a plasma. 43F4900 is excellent for your needs. Or you could wait for a month or so till Panasonic announces its own plasma lineup.

I'll give it a demo tomorrow. I saw this model on Infibeam and they're offering 3-years warranty with this model + 1 3D glass free and only for 41,999/- Is that too good to be true ? I thought Panasonic offers 1-year warranty.

I'll give it a demo tomorrow. I saw this model on Infibeam and they're offering 3-years warranty with this model + 1 3D glass free and only for 41,999/- Is that too good to be true ? I thought Panasonic offers 1-year warranty.

Panasonic offers one year warranty on whole TV and 2 years additional warranty on the panel. Plasma only.

Oww, didn't know that :) You've been of great help.

Anyways, if you suggest LED or LCD over Plasma, what model would you suggest ? Budget is 50K and 42" is what I want. I'm already using 32" LCD for past 3 years and I'm bored.

Oww, didn't know that :) You've been of great help.

Anyways, if you suggest LED or LCD over Plasma, what model would you suggest ? Budget is 50K and 42" is what I want. I'm already using 32" LCD for past 3 years and I'm bored.

In that budget it will be difficult to get a good LED, let alone challenge the likes of Samsung F4900, Pana XT50, etc. For 60k, you can even get the excellent 42UT50 (full HD). But, if LED is to be looked at as an option, you could look at Sony EX430 or the Samsung 5 series. Please note however that plasma must be cared for like a baby to prevent image retention issues (lest you think that I am pushing plasma only).

Actually, I want to get the best in my budget and my budget is ~48K. I always wanted to buy a Plasma but the burn-in issues I read made me get a LCD instead. I'll definitely take care of the plasma although my LCD is covered in dust and what now :p Lazy me.

Actually, I want to get the best in my budget and my budget is ~48K. I always wanted to buy a Plasma but the burn-in issues I read made me get a LCD instead. I'll definitely take care of the plasma although my LCD is covered in dust and what now :p Lazy me.

I take very good care of my plasma and I am not suffering.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back