Best 75in TV under 2L

I can use an UST projector - but they are twice the cost. I can't mount a normal ceiling projector. Or use a table- top projector.

Convenience of TV is is still good with lot of bright room viewing.
That's why I said "IF", lol. Though you should inquire about the Pricing from local dealers. The online pricing is way too high for such items. You can easily get them cheaper by 100-130k offline.

premium 65" is way better than a budget 75" TV

I feel it is about perspective. Is a premium C-class sedan better than an SUV at same price? Or in other words - Octavia vRS is better or Ford Endeavear at same price? T Fort or Endy can never match the luxury, speed and agility of c-class sedans, but then practically, we don't need those on Indian roads, do we? However, if I am driving at Autobahn - I'd rather prefer to have vRS. What is better - depends on usage and requirements.

Premium 65 or non-premium 75 (I was little hesitent to call Sony 75x800h, a 210k TV, a budget TV) depends on the usage.

I feel it is about perspective. Is a premium C-class sedan better than an SUV at same price? Or in other words - Octavia vRS is better or Ford Endeavear at same price? T Fort or Endy can never match the luxury, speed and agility of c-class sedans, but then practically, we don't need those on Indian roads, do we? However, if I am driving at Autobahn - I'd rather prefer to have vRS. What is better - depends on usage and requirements.

Premium 65 or non-premium 75 (I was little hesitent to call Sony 75x800h, a 210k TV, a budget TV) depends on the usage.
Well, it's still a budget tv if you compare it with the good models.

Unfortunately, a 2L 75" unit will still be considered as a budget TV and will cut the corner on too many places. A premium LCD based 75" unit will typically cost you more than 4.5L. I haven't seen any vendors offering a 75" OLED in Bangalore, so can't comment anything on pricing.

Unfortunately, a 2L 75" unit will still be considered as a budget TV and will cut the corner on too many places. A premium LCD based 75" unit will typically cost you more than 4.5L. I haven't seen any vendors offering a 75" OLED in Bangalore, so can't comment anything on pricing.
77C9 should be more than 6 lakhs atleast.

To me, its really a bad idea to spend too much just for 10 more inch. and being a budget TV is again a big deal breaker.
We literally paying more than a lakh just for mere extra 10 inch panel but nothing else and loosing lot of premium stuff.
Buying a 75 inchers currently in india is a very bad move in perspective of value.
if price is not your concern dont compromise on the model. get atleast 9500G 75".
if you are strictly under budget then reconsider your purchase. spending 2+ lakh over a x8000h could throw us into a day light robery of sony.
india is not market for 65+ unlike USA.
I know you were impressed by the immersion of bigger 75". but you should not regret your purchase after spending lakhs.
I'm with you on 75" watching experience. but if I were you I would not choose to loose better watching experience just for more immersion.
but again its your call.

This is interesting. Rtings rates them exactly the same at 7.1 overall : https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/sony-x800h-vs-samsung-tu8000/1778/9019

Would you feel tweaking some setting in Sony will improve PQ? Also, Sony is IPS and Samsung is VA - that might make a difference in wash-out colors. When I went to demo in RD I saw Q80 and X950G 55in both. I don't know why the images in X950 were so dull and uninspiring infrom Q80. I also felt that RD folks may have higher incentive on selling Samsung - so they strategically have positioned those TVs to look better.

In the better understanding : 75 TU8000 is at 2L and has higher possibility of touching 1.8, - 1.7 in near future. If they both are same, we might as well look at Samsung.

I just get a feeling that between X90H and X95H - they'll not have the size overlap. Meaning Sony will not launch 75 in (or 65 in too) TV in both the series and keep the size exclusive to a specific variant. So We'll see 55 and 65 in in X90H and 75in in X95H. Seeing the past years, this is what it looks like to me in India.

Frame will not come to stores, it is an online only model. I just hope they launch 75in model in India. Its likely that they will, but then, can never be sure in these times.

I also saw videos and reviews on TCL 85P8M - VA panel, 450nits, 10bit, 4000:1 contrast ratio. May be!!!!!!!
85 inch TCL P8M with 3 years warranty and 3 years extended warranty from croma (25k extra). May be !!!!

How do you feel between NU8000 and TU8000?
NU8000 was a far better TV than TU8000. Equivalent contrast ratio but very bright (500 change in HDR real scene and 800 change maximum HDR 10 percent window) and support for VRR. Sony and samsung have been degrading their TV models (most of them) since last year. Buy it if you can. I tried in rd and croma every where it is out of stock. It was good a budget tv of its time (2018-19). You can see comparison on rtings.

Someone on this thread has suggested 75sm9400. It is top of the line nano cell of LG with local dimming pro. But there is no review of the said model online. Can someone share some light on the said model.

@Rahulv - any new options or quotes? Diwali sale is around the corner. Did you get to explore the Lg75 in TV that one of the forum member bought?
No man because of the covid situation i was reluctant to visit any showrooms and enquire about the quotes. Now, i will start the quest near 16th oct when the sale (online flipkart/amazon) pricing is out. In 10 to 15 days time brand deals will also come and i will be in a better position to negotiate at reliance. As of now nothing exceptional has comeup and x80h appears to be the only safe bit within budget. For IPS standards it appears to be a better bet than lg. I guess i am back to square one from where i started 5 months ago. Lets see if samsung can offer massive discount on q70t or the frame or sony releases x90h 75. X950g 75 has also run out of stock which i thought would be available at better pricing near diwali.

@Rahulv - any new options or quotes? Diwali sale is around the corner. Did you get to explore the Lg75 in TV that one of the forum member bought?
Lg 75 SM9400 has been listed for 2.6 at Croma may be with diwali offers it can go to 2.4. Is it worth spending 40k more on the LG TV than sony x80H ? The LG has FALD and appears to have 120 Hz and HDMI 2.1. The implementation of all the extra features in LG compared to non availability of the same in x800h is a question. 2019 Lg Nanocell models like sm9000 and 8600 were known for bad implementation of FALD. Not sure about sm9400 there is hardly any review online. As of now only these two options are there within our budget. I am waiting for 75x90h eagerly. There is some article in TOI than government has now only provided license for imports of large sized TVs to the sONY/lg. May that be the reason x90h 75 was not launched in India and if so will it be available anytime soon?

May that be the reason x90h 75 was not launched in India
I don't think companies like Sony have such issues. They have been importing 75in/85in TVs for long time. Also - if they import the TVs, that'll be more expensive than the TVs made locally in India.

if so will it be available anytime soon?
X90H - I am convinced it'll not be available this year.

SM9400 was one of higher end model from LG. Need to see more of it and research. In Either way - I'd prefer not to cross 2L :(

I don't think companies like Sony have such issues. They have been importing 75in/85in TVs for long time. Also - if they import the TVs, that'll be more expensive than the TVs made locally in India.

X90H - I am convinced it'll not be available this year.

SM9400 was one of higher end model from LG. Need to see more of it and research. In Either way - I'd prefer not to cross 2L :(
In that case x800h will be the safe bet. Blacks may not be deep but x1 processor will make up for picture quality. I am not used to oled or fald so its less deeper blacks may not effect me but 75 inch will surely give that theater feel. Further SONY brand value and QC may give us peace of mind. I may not go with tu8000 which is slightly cheaper than the sony as some indian tv reviwers have found it to be lacking in overall picture quality and upscaling when compared to x80h based on their observation in showrooms they visited. Hardly 2 weeks left waiting for sony brand sale. Will let you know my final decision. Do you have any other tvs in your mind?

Do you have any other tvs in your mind?

Honestly Rahul, I am confused as hell.

There is one side of me which says would I be happy with 75in size? And then I start wandering off to projectors (which are equally expensive and need dedicated setup)

I also feel that either one I buy, I'll be happy with it. I am using a crappy 55in LeTV right now whcih bleeds like anything, has crazy banding and worst colors than cheapsest TV your can find - I don't find myself complaining about it too much.

What is the target price of 80h you expecting? is the quality between TU80 and x80 is enough to justify 30k price difference? I was hoping that gentleman could give us a review of his LG 75 UN80..

Honestly Rahul, I am confused as hell.

There is one side of me which says would I be happy with 75in size? And then I start wandering off to projectors (which are equally expensive and need dedicated setup)

I also feel that either one I buy, I'll be happy with it. I am using a crappy 55in LeTV right now whcih bleeds like anything, has crazy banding and worst colors than cheapsest TV your can find - I don't find myself complaining about it too much.

What is the target price of 80h you expecting? is the quality between TU80 and x80 is enough to justify 30k price difference? I was hoping that gentleman could give us a review of his LG 75 UN80..
For NON UST projectors you need to work out on you living room layout which may require some civil/ electric work. UST projectors are damn expensive in India. I think if x80H comes to 1.9 in 75 it would be a good buy as it retailed for 2.08 in Independence Sale. For me the price difference of 30K / 20 K in sale is justified because of X1 processor and brighter DLED. Here is an unboxing/ black level video of x80h 75 indian variant :
it may not have inky blacks but picture looks decent.

Oh yes - its black levels are more than sufficient for my need.

We had seen 2.04 as well during I-Day sale. I agree 1.9 is good and if we buy too, some more squeeze could be possible. Or may be we can join hands with those OLED buyers and see if there could be a large sale order discount possible.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back