Best 75in TV under 2L

At 75" you need the basics right. Edge lit will not cut it. Picture processing and up scaling engine plays a major role.

C815 is edge lit and not known for the best picture processing. Sony x8 has good x1 processor but is still edge lit and will show on bigger sizes.

I recommend the Philips 7374 70' with direct back lit VA panel and renowned p5 picture engine known for both upscaling and motion processing. You can check out reviews.

Below thread outline the experience of a guy moving from top of the line samsung 65" (1000 nits) to a 75" Philip's 6754 (400 nits) and still feels it is an upgrade in pq in most aspects including brightness.

A similar 70" model sells in flipkart for 99999.

You can find other threads on avforums in the philips section.

Dont recommend edge lits at this sizes. And cant find much DLED/full array options in 2L range.

75X800h is available for display at Bangalore Kalyan Nagar showroom. Sales guy called and have me a price of 2.18 plus 3k of card Cashback.

It is listed on Amazon as well for same 2.18L price with no cost EMI.

Is this IPS or VA? If VA, very good option for ~1.9. IPS is kind of a personal preference kind of panel. You will see the greys. You will mind or not depends on you.
Store guys can show the tv in dark in closing time for such high priced item, do ask them.

At 75" you need the basics right. Edge lit will not cut it. Picture processing and up scaling engine plays a major role.

C815 is edge lit and not known for the best picture processing. Sony x8 has good x1 processor but is still edge lit and will show on bigger sizes.

I recommend the Philips 7374 70' with direct back lit VA panel and renowned p5 picture engine known for both upscaling and motion processing. You can check out reviews.

Below thread outline the experience of a guy moving from top of the line samsung 65" (1000 nits) to a 75" Philip's 6754 (400 nits) and still feels it is an upgrade in pq in most aspects including brightness.

A similar 70" model sells in flipkart for 99999.

You can find other threads on avforums in the philips section.

Dont recommend edge lits at this sizes. And cant find much DLED/full array options in 2L range.
Sony x800h is a DLED tv not edge lit. Yeah it has IPS and blacks will look grey to some. The reason i am not considering philips that it is 70 inch which is an odd size. I would have considered if it was a 75. It would be better to buy a 65 inch which has so many good options including oleds than to go for 70 inch philips. That being said it is a good suggestion to go to the showroom at closing time to see the black level on x80h if it bothers. Theres is no VA FLAd/DLED in sub 2.5 range for 75 inches in Indian Market.

Sony x800h is a DLED tv not edge lit. Yeah it has IPS and blacks will look grey to some. The reason i am not considering philips that it is 70 inch which is an odd size. I would have considered if it was a 75. It would be better to buy a 65 inch which has so many good options including oleds than to go for 70 inch philips. That being said it is a good suggestion to go to the showroom at closing time to see the black level on x80h if it bothers. Theres is no VA FLAd/DLED in sub 2.5 range for 75 inches in Indian Market.

If the showroom is croma and you pull off the stint, you can check both x80 and Philip's together. They are dealer for both.

This year is not the right time in india for a 75". 75" FALDs will come down to 2L range in 2-3 years.
If you get a 65" now and 75" after 3 years, still you will be left with 2 tvs for cheaper than today's rates for 75".

Yes, thank you @argho - how is the TV doing for you. Some review and videos will help us decide. Looking for upscaling and low light viewing. Any recording in night time wil no lights/low lights will help.

If the showroom is croma and you pull off the stint, you can check both x80 and Philip's together. They are dealer for both.

This year is not the right time in india for a 75". 75" FALDs will come down to 2L range in 2-3 years.
If you get a 65" now and 75" after 3 years, still you will be left with 2 tvs for cheaper than today's rates for 75".
Absolutely correct! Right now in US Sony 65 x900h/x950g is costing on par with Hisense h9g and also they r getting 5 year warranty included for below $1000. In Black Friday sales they even go down like 20%. Here they r providing ridiculously overpriced TV's because of less demand for these ☹️☹️. $1000*75 + 28%gst =96k!! Due to cheap fiber plans these FALD TV's demand might increase next year, hope to see atleast next year 65 Inch x950below 1lakh

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201009-225617.png
    Screenshot_20201009-225617.png
    552.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20201009-225659.png
    Screenshot_20201009-225659.png
    767.9 KB · Views: 11
Indian pricing will never match with US pricing until and unless Big Three starts entire manufacturing in India itself. For eg. X800h in all its sizes are assembled in India but the panels are imported. If you see bestbuy pricing in US for x80h 75 it translates into 1 lakh and here ,even though assembled in india, it is 2 lakh in festive season. This trend is not going to change for atleast 6 years. Because of less income as compared to US, most folks do not consider putting money in expensive / large sized TVs. Even i was reluctant to put more than a lakh in a tv 2 years ago. Over the top the government still thinks watching tv as a luxury and impose heavy import duties/GST. Until and unless you start manufacturing panels itself in India and there is a shift in market from 65 to 75, price match will never happen and the disparity will continue. The same happened with 65 in India. People earning more, ready to jump to 65 there is a market shift and companies can earn in volumes so they are selling at a reasonable price and the disparity between US pricing has reduced significanlty. I agree it is not a good time to buy 75 in India but it will never be in near future as well. So one has to compromise in quality and increase budget to get that size.

Yes, thank you @argho - how is the TV doing for you. Some review and videos will help us decide. Looking for upscaling and low light viewing. Any recording in night time wil no lights/low lights will help.

Honestly, struggling a bit with it.

Yes, its big, and bright.

Downside :
- struggling to calibrate the settings to get a PQ I am happy with
- the HDMI ARC and CEC acts up from time to time (though mostly ok)

Have to admit I was happier with my earlier Sony 65X8500D.

Will try to post some pics and vids tomorrow.

Honestly, struggling a bit with it.

Yes, its big, and bright.

Downside :
- struggling to calibrate the settings to get a PQ I am happy with
- the HDMI ARC and CEC acts up from time to time (though mostly ok)

Have to admit I was happier with my earlier Sony 65X8500D.

Will try to post some pics and vids tomorrow.
LG ips Tv’s won’t be good compared to a good Sony TV. It gives a cartoonish look and may be that is why you are not satisfied.

No Rahul - sale started but nowhere I am seeing any pricing benefit - its still 2.18L

Hoping it might change in few days, if it has to.
These sales (flipkart and amazon) appears to be just a gimmick this year. It appears to be more of brands promotion than sale. No major benefits. Sony sale has also started but prices have not moved even a bit. Atleast samsung has tried to give phones with tvs this festive season but almost nothing from sony. Now i am thinking is it a good time to buy a tv lol.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back