Best 75in TV under 2L

@Rahulv - 75x80h is finally at 1.99 at all platforms. Sony, RD and Croma. There is a chance to get it at 1.9L, plus there is 15k cashback on HDFC credit card EMI scheme and free CH700 headphones.

What say? Do you want to take the jump?
Hi, I am yet to decide on x80h. Waiting for x90h 75. If not for that i may make the jump for x950h 75 or any other mid range VA after a few months (depending on budget). X80h is a good tv but for us it is mostly late night movies in dark and i may not want an IPS for that reason. However i have heard that x80h is better than most of the IPS due to sonys processing and colours. It should be good for most of the cases but not mine in particular.

720 p video looks very pixalated and the further away from the screen, the better it is. Sun TV and regional channels show huge colours and my 78 year old father finds it too bright to watch. I have to tweak the settings a bit. In Netflix, movies like jurassic World part 2 (2018) in in late night in vivid mode looks good but since it is not a FALD, you will notice some grey levels here and there but the picture quality is good. 4k Netflix in a semi ambient light source looks more than ok. In night mode and in the dark it is excellent. My attachments are large file sizes for an upload and so I am unable to show pics. Can you guide me as how I may do so?

Thank you @Donivlapog - I'll PM you my email ID to share pics. Really appreciate all the words you've written. I am sure this TV will be good for my needs. Just looking for a push or a company to go to RD and do a hardball negotiations.

Yes that's why I thought 65" FALD 9500g was a better bargain with this ratio however I really needed a bigger size and this was just the best I could afford. 6 months of 15k of recurring deposit savings to compensate for the extra price I paid will suffice.

I visited Girias and RD today just for seeing what pricing can be done for 75in X80H:

1. Girias - 1.84L, 6k cash back, zero cost EMI, free headphone CH700N - effective cost, 1.78 + heapdhone
2. RD - 1.85L, 15k cashback, zero cost EMI, free headphone CH700N - effective cost 1.7 + headphone

I called them to check if there will be any further discount if I dont want the heapdhone. Just 2000 further will be discounted.

Last edited:
Just remember I bought it for 2.11lakhs. Zero cost Emi plus headphone free which will only be given if stocks are available. You have had a better bargain.

90% convinced - will mostly close the deal tomorrow. 1.85L, plus 15k cashback is as good a deal as it can get for X80h. With one more buyer, I'll definitely would have pushed for 1.8L. Even last year's x80G came as low as 1.7L this year and not below that. 80h is anyway better TV than 80G.

In my testing today - I found it to be bright, colorful, fast, and with acceptable upscaling (better than other that I saw). With my usage of DTH, hotstar and Prime, I feel that TV will last few years before I get to upgrade.

Rahul, Q60R, 75in is also down to 2.3L with 20k cashback and a free soundbar. Want to take a demo?
Hi i had demoed 60r (65 inch) and found it not impressive as compared to other nearby tvs. Most importantly on the brightness front. Its only advantage is VA panel which will be good at night but on all other fronts it lacks as far as i could see in the showroom. May be at home it will be different game with no tvs to compare. But spending 2.3 on it may not be a good option. X80h may be a better option than q60r IMO.

I personally only feel the back-lit panel is a thick wall mount compared to the photo-frame-like look of my 65kd9300d which hung in the same wall looking like an oled with its slim Edgelit structure. 9000 series is definitely better than 8000 series in Sony.

9000 series is definitely better than 8000
On paper, definitely, toko a demo of 65x900h as well, and it didn't look brighter than X80h, it had going for it was smooth 120hz motion. I personally can't differentiate between edgelit or directlit LEDs in a blind shoot out.

FALD sets I can differentiate if I am watching a specific content.

Upscaling for me is lot more important than few specific scenes where one TV shines better than other.

RD in Hyderabad quoted 1.67 lakhs for sony 75 inch 80h, excluding head phones and 6k cashback, unfortunately my brother backed out of the deal as he postponed the purchase

Said no stock for now, will come with delivery. Also, the TV delivery by end of the month - not in stock now. I can wait, not in a hurry. I just need a boxed sealed unit.

I called anyway again, referring price of 1.67 and cancelling the order. He was all over the place with reasons and excuses that this is best possible in BLR and HYD and BLR are different stores / states with different expenses, and this will be the best price possible in BLR.

Said no stock for now, will come with delivery. Also, the TV delivery by end of the month - not in stock now. I can wait, not in a hurry. I just need a boxed sealed unit.

I called anyway again, referring price of 1.67 and cancelling the order. He was all over the place with reasons and excuses that this is best possible in BLR and HYD and BLR are different stores / states with different expenses, and this will be the best price possible in BLR.
so, did you cancelled the order?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back