Best Gaming Console.

andy78

Hi Friends, currently I'm in US and my family may fly to India.
We are planning to get a console and thinking about PS4.
With Thanksgiving day around the corner we thought it's right time to purchase one.

This will be mostly used by my wife and maybe 5 year old kid.
What are the things we should consider?
Do I need to buy the converter so that it works in India?

Also we would want this to double up as Blu Ray Player.

Kindly help!

If you get a good deal, go for it. However compare the price of same model in India via amazon.in and take a call, since there is a chance that using a US model in India will not support warranty.
US model PS4 says that it works only on 110v, but users online have taken risk and connected it to 230v and it has worked, though its a risk. I will suggest you to contact sony helpdesk and see whether it will work in India or not. Tell them that you are going for a vacation and taking your console with you, they should help.
Since your kid is 5 year old, try looking for a console with move, as your kid will enjoy motion sensing games a lot. It also helps him/her to be more active, physically.

I have brought xbox -kinect from US and brought back to India. I have contacted xbox India support team, and they sent me free India adapter. I guess that was pure luck though :). Its working well here till now.
Enjoy your console

Will appreciate more views.
My main concern is the voltage conversion.
Do we get these converters in India?
What controllers to buy?
I wanted the one which lets us play Tennis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi Andy,

I have an X-box bought from US, contacted Microsoft who offered me an Indian adapter in exchange for the US one free of cost. It works fine, the only draw back is the region code (lock) for the gaming media. I cannot buy Xbox games in India as the DVD player in X-box does not recognize it, likewise blu-ray player on the PS4 would be Region A, you may not be able to buy games off the shelf in India. You may have to order them online. Please consider this point before planning a purchase outside of India.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Rajiv

hi Andy,

I have an X-box bought from US, contacted Microsoft who offered me an Indian adapter in exchange for the US one free of cost. It works fine, the only draw back is the region code (lock) for the gaming media. I cannot buy Xbox games in India as the DVD player in X-box does not recognize it, likewise blu-ray player on the PS4 would be Region A, you may not be able to buy games off the shelf in India. You may have to order them online. Please consider this point before planning a purchase outside of India.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Rajiv

Good point.

Buy a PC and get a GTX1050/1060 far better and powerful than any console in the market.

hi Andy,

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Rajiv

Hi, Based on my knowledge, games are not region locked (atleast in PS3) but blu ray surely is. You can play games from any where in the world on any PS3.

Not sure, if they changed this in PS4. Not sure as I don't have PS4, found it less featureless (other media capabilities) as compared to PS3 and also the price.

Thanks & regards,

Amit

Hi Friends, currently I'm in US and my family may fly to India.
We are planning to get a console and thinking about PS4.
With Thanksgiving day around the corner we thought it's right time to purchase one.

This will be mostly used by my wife and maybe 5 year old kid.
What are the things we should consider?
Do I need to buy the converter so that it works in India?

Also we would want this to double up as Blu Ray Player.

Kindly help!
XBox with Kinect would be good choice. We have been using it for four-five years and whole family loves it.

Will appreciate more views.
My main concern is the voltage conversion.
Do we get these converters in India?
What controllers to buy?
I wanted the one which lets us play Tennis.

Playstation have no issues with voltage conversion.

PS4, and Ps3 games are not region locked. Xbox one S games are also not region locked plus you get UHD blu ray player.

Having all the consoles, PS4 pro is best for gaming, Xbox One S is best for Multimedia capabilities with decent game line up.

eb71426f2ac8779e2d1590ac69034dc9.jpg
236bb043a32fc580121bd277ba709cb4.jpg

Congrats on your purchase AndyK. And thats a killer game, must play!

Now I am not sure about PS4 because mine was bought ion India, but I bought blu ray player from US (110V) and I bought a step down converter (200 bucks) which I always use. Didnt want to take the risk!

Would suggest you do the same.

It's close to 2 weeks now since my family back home in India are using this. No issues so far. What the best buy guy told was true.

To me PC will always be best for gaming,the unlimited number of games to choose from,customizablity are way better than any consoles out there.Ps4 is my second choice because of Uncharted series and Last of Us.

Ps5 because of better exclusives and much better fan base in india comapred to xbox for multiplayer gaming. I myself switched from xbox360 to ps3 and never looked back.

Ps5 because of better exclusives and much better fan base in india comapred to xbox for multiplayer gaming. I myself switched from xbox360 to ps3 and never looked back.

I think you should look back once again. I own both PS and Xbox, 80% of the time I game on the Series X. Gamepass is a huge boon. Using PS only for exclusives.

Fan base doesn't matter in my opinion, what suits you is the best gaming device.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back