Best Home Theatre for 35K Budget

huntersingh

Hello,

A)

My Budget is 35000.

Requirement :
1) Mainly i connect my ipod to the system to listen music
2) To watch movies 2-3 times a week at most
3) Should be simple to use.. i dont want to tune and click buttons for each different type of settings

im satisfied with tata sky sound on my regular 47" Sony lcd.

Kindly suggest best bang for the money.

Also any advice on where to buy it from, in Delhi area. I will come to delhi to purchase it. I live in a 2nd tier town and the dealers in my town give a +10 prices ..thx to this forum.. i know they were ripping me off.

B)

Since im getting my bedroom done, do we require any special speaker wires for my 35k budget wiring

hey hunter welcome to the forum...

well if its only about music i would suggest you to go a for 2.1 setup.

(bs speakers + amp) wharf+norge... and add a matchin sub.

however if you are looking for htib u can go for onkyo 3300 for (23k-24k) + dvd/media player(4k-9k)
and that should solve your problem.. the cables will be included with the package and rest you would need will be a coaxial and a optical cable..

also if u plan to upgrade and use hi-end components later on ... then YES plan now and get the wiring done..

for the wiring part gurus need to input coz as of now i am still the dumbest audiophile of the geeks here...

I would recommend a 2.0 setup.

A 2.0 receiver for about 15-20k.
Monitor Audio BR2 for 15-18k.
You probably won't need a sub woofer, at least not to start with.

If you are desperate for a HTiB then get the best Philips HT you can buy. Till recently, Philips 3571 (price 15-20k) was supposed to be better than the Onkyo 3xxx series by a decent margin. So if that is the case with the future models as well, you can easily get an excellent buy within 20-25k from Philips.

And btw, I have read somewhere that there was a person/some people preferring even Sony to Onkyo.

I read it somewhere, on one of the websites.

And Philips > Onkyo is what I learnt from this forum itself.

Hello,

A)

My Budget is 35000.

Requirement :
1) Mainly i connect my ipod to the system to listen music
2) To watch movies 2-3 times a week at most
3) Should be simple to use.. i dont want to tune and click buttons for each different type of settings

im satisfied with tata sky sound on my regular 47" Sony lcd.

Kindly suggest best bang for the money.

Also any advice on where to buy it from, in Delhi area. I will come to delhi to purchase it. I live in a 2nd tier town and the dealers in my town give a +10 prices ..thx to this forum.. i know they were ripping me off.

B)

Since im getting my bedroom done, do we require any special speaker wires for my 35k budget wiring

Well guys I have a completely different views in this regards. Some days back I am also confused about mu 5.1 HT set up. I have auditioned Sony HTS DAV-510, Philips HTS-5530 & Logitech Z-5500 (THX certified, In-built Dolby & Dts decoters, multi-connectivity options) on a same day with in one hr. of time under same roof - E-mall, Kolkata.

I have 1st auditioned to Logitech Z5500, then Philips & then Sony, I have instantly decided to go through with Logi.. becausu it is the best of all three.
It has excellent bass and has noce frequency response in all ranges(Low,Medium & Heigh). It is very good in Movies & Music.

Presently I owned this system and I am quite happy with this. It costs me 17.5k (Inc. all taxes).

U can add to this system a Sony or Panasonic Blu-ray player around 10k and a Xtreamer Media Player of Rs. 8.5k. All this system have Digital Optical Port for optimum sound reproduction.

If U need extra cable can buy MX's 16-18 gaze speakers cable.

That is what my personal experiences are. I said in any given situation Logitech> Philips> Sony. Even it can beat Onkoy S3300.
Thanks & regards.

Logitech isn't meant for music. It is plain boomy and the bass isn't tight at all. And his budget is way beyond what logitech can offer anyway.

Logitech isn't meant for music. It is plain boomy and the bass isn't tight at all. And his budget is way beyond what logitech can offer anyway.

Mate, no one would prefer a 5.1 for listening music....prime usage shall be movies only....for music preffered set up is amp, and two BS or FS depending upon the budget...

Philips IMHO do not support modern codecs like DTS HD-MA, Dolby True HD
No spare HDMI Inputs or manytimes Optical or CO axial inputs..so you are tied with watching DVDs from th set ..:)

Why Not ( Read My earlier Posts)
Pioneer 620 ( Grey) for 15500
Yamaha 465 ( Bill N warentee) 18000

Speakers
Jbl 140 - 13000

Or Mission Bookshelf package 15500
Package with Mission MV-8 ( See yogeshs post)

I feel far better options

all these have ACTIVE 8 Inch woofer

If u are asking for a 5.1 Home Theater System, watching movies in theater like audio environment has to be ur prime consideration. HT System basically meant for watching movies with 5.1/7.1 digital surround audio feeling not for music listning. Listning music in HT system one has to compromise a bit with musical factor but still Logi...has a nice musical feeling with a good bass.

And I think the Thread has been started with asking suggestions for best Home Theater System but not for best music system.

And for budget i give a composit budget for all three system which make complete HT System with a good value for money.

If you prefer music-> Logitech, Sony, Philips
If you like movies as they do in theater -> Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back