Best Setup & Price for Denon 1312xp in Chennai

mano_701

Hi,
I have been visiting this forum for a while and have decided to get Denon 1312xp.
Initially my budget was 30k. I auditioned Onkyo 3500 and Denon 1312xp. I liked Denon 1312xp very much.
I have a Sony Bravia 40" HDTV, a xbox360, Tatasky HD STB and will be getting asus o play mini. I want to know whether connecting the HDMI cables from the xbox, STB and asus to the AVR(Assuming i have bought it :p) is enough to get the best audio and video quality.

Also any chennaiites, kindly let me know some places where i can get Denon for a good price. Reliance Digital is offering it for 32K & a Philips Blu-Ray player for 2K extra (Is this player worth the extra 2k?). Profx guys are quoting 34K.

Kindly pour in your suggestions.

Thank You

Connect using hdmi and you will get best audio and picture quality. Some dth support 5.1 over coaxial or digital out only, but I think Tata sky hd supports it over hdmi.

Hi Mano, I think for 1312XP the best price in chennai is around 32K, which is been offered by Reliance Digital. If you have or planning to buy blu-Ray Disks then buy the Philips Blu-ray player for 2K extra (its worth 2K extra), or you are going to watch mostly DVDs and downloaded stuffs then decline it and go for the good media player.

As far as "Avenue Sound" please call them over phone no. listed on their website and ask them, they will give some discounts accordingly. It may be in the range of 30-32K I think.

Hi Mano, I think for 1312XP the best price in chennai is around 32K, which is been offered by Reliance Digital. If you have or planning to buy blu-Ray Disks then buy the Philips Blu-ray player for 2K extra (its worth 2K extra), or you are going to watch mostly DVDs and downloaded stuffs then decline it and go for the good media player.

As far as "Avenue Sound" please call them over phone no. listed on their website and ask them, they will give some discounts accordingly. It may be in the range of 30-32K I think.

Denon DHT 1312xp for 32k not seems to be a good offer. Go to any Denon dealer , you definitely will get at 30k. I even offered at 28k a few months back.

Denon DHT 1312xp for 32k not seems to be a good offer. Go to any Denon dealer , you definitely will get at 30k. I even offered at 28k a few months back.

Thank you for the response. Profx is the only Denon authorized dealer in Chennai. When i did the audition couple of months back, they quoted 34k. I did not bargain then coz i hadn't decided what to buy at that time. Have to make another visit to Profx.

I have a small doubt. When i went for audition to Profx, I asked to them to put The Dark Knight (Tunnel Chase). The surround sound was very good in that scene, but there wasnt much effect from the front. You know the THUMPING effect wasn't present. Especially in the Truck flip scene. When i asked them, they said the problem was with the Blu-Ray that he played. Any reason? Or am i expecting too much from that scene?

Then he played Fast and Furious (Part One), that was awesome. I was satisfied with that first drag race scene. Then he played couple of scenes from Transformers. That too was great.

Is there any particular scenes from any movie that can used for auditioning?

Hi Mano,

You can try Audio Store @ Ritchie street. They are also a official dealer for Denon and Pionner. I did check 1312XP package yesterday and he quoted me around 30K for the same (with bill).

Good..I tried AV zone at RK Sakai...they have quoted 34k and 15% discount..approx 29k..u can give it a try...seems to be a good shop...they have a good demo room...but when enquired they dint have Denon 1312 setup...so they asked me to goto Profx mount road and take the audition.. the owner himself contacted Profx and asked them to contact me...
When are you planning to buy??

Sent from my Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Good..I tried AV zone at RK Sakai...they have quoted 34k and 15% discount..approx 29k..u can give it a try...seems to be a good shop...they have a good demo room...but when enquired they dint have Denon 1312 setup...so they asked me to goto Profx mount road and take the audition.. the owner himself contacted Profx and asked them to contact me...
When are you planning to buy??

Nope. Actually, I'm planning to buy Pioneer VSX-522 AVR alone for (17k) as I already have two 8" tower speakers, two surround speakers and one sub right now. Hence, I would go with AVR and change the better speaker pkg later.

Heard that 1312XP doesn't support ARC. Does it really matters?

Audio Return Channel (ARC) is a feature that was introduced in HDMI ver1.4. This function allows, if both a home theater receiver and a TV have HDMI ver1.4 and offer this feature, is that you can transfer audio from the TV back to a home theater receiver and listen to your TV's audio through your home theater audio system instead of the TV's speakers without having to connect a second cable between the TV and home theater system.

Hi Mano,

I'm planning to go with Denon 1312XP only. Please share me the quotes you received from AV zone. I'll be buying it mostly this week.

I am looking for Denon 1312xp in chennai, Can I know current market price and where I can get it for best price?

Please advise..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back