Best way to Back up your original DVD

Thanks guys for the response. But I also found another way. BTW, the issue was probably due to the copyright protection. So I got AnyDVD trial version downloaded and decrypted the DVD and stored it in my HDD. Took around 20 minutes to decrypt the DVD. Then I used Handbrake to convert into avi. It took around 2.5 hrs to convert it.
BTW, I need to know few things, the converted avi is not so good and I want to have better quality. I used the default settings except changing the codec to ffmpeg (h.264 is not recommended for avi). So can you guys tell me what setting should I use for getting a better quality avi file? Or should I convert it to mp4 or mkv using h.264 decoder? But than I won't be able to play using my DVD player. But anyway I'll buy a media player soon which will take care of that issue.
So should I convert to mkv/mp4/avi?
Also, I've got an m2ts file of gladiator or size 4GB size but while I play using VLC it's not playing it properly. It's getting stuck after every 4-5seconds. I've played 6GB sized mkv files without any glitch but there seems to be some issue with m2ts files. What am I missing here? Anyone can help?

Thanks guys for the response. But I also found another way. BTW, the issue was probably due to the copyright protection. So I got AnyDVD trial version downloaded and decrypted the DVD and stored it in my HDD. Took around 20 minutes to decrypt the DVD. Then I used Handbrake to convert into avi. It took around 2.5 hrs to convert it.
BTW, I need to know few things, the converted avi is not so good and I want to have better quality. I used the default settings except changing the codec to ffmpeg (h.264 is not recommended for avi). So can you guys tell me what setting should I use for getting a better quality avi file? Or should I convert it to mp4 or mkv using h.264 decoder? But than I won't be able to play using my DVD player. But anyway I'll buy a media player soon which will take care of that issue.
So should I convert to mkv/mp4/avi?
Also, I've got an m2ts file of gladiator or size 4GB size but while I play using VLC it's not playing it properly. It's getting stuck after every 4-5seconds. I've played 6GB sized mkv files without any glitch but there seems to be some issue with m2ts files. What am I missing here? Anyone can help?

dont understand whats the confusion about ? and why do u want to compress /convert ? anydvd is very good ,but its only a trail version ,u cud use`dvdfabHDdecrypter which is available free ,but without the extra features
select anydvd to rip the main movie ,strip unwanted audio tracks, open Nero burner ,burn the movie onto a 4.5/8 gb dvd depending on the size of the movie
u cud also use dvdfabidle (older version) to split the main movie into 2 ,depending on the size of the movie
i have 100s of dvds which i have ripped and burnt on to a dvd in this manner and they play on any media (laptop/dvdp) without any problems

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back