Beware Airtel DTH experience

Well, with rains you have to expect disruption. The puzzling point for me was why would the set top box hang in summer? That has to be an equipment problem. You probably need to report it and bring this to the technicians' attention.

Well, with rains you have to expect disruption. The puzzling point for me was why would the set top box hang in summer? That has to be an equipment problem. You probably need to report it and bring this to the technicians' attention.

Overheating. The passive cooling on its chipset is not enough.

Regards

Well for the issue of Airtel DTH going blank during rains,
just switch off the STB and start again. The signal will be back.

I have tried this and it works..

This is far better than cables getting cut during rainy season as broken tree branches fall on them. Then it takes 3 days for the cablewala to re-lay the cables.

Last edited:
Well i have been using Tata Sky for a couple of years now, never faced any issues with stb locking up, hanging or freezing, no issues during rains also.

Max signal will go for a few seconds and will come back.

Thompson STB from tatasky is very reliable haven't seen people facing many issues with it

Hi,

I have Tatasky. But the STB does not have component out.Only the Tatasky plus has it. Any one know if some Tatasky STBs have component out? And if so will they change mine to it?

Thanks,
ash

Hi,

I have Tatasky. But the STB does not have component out.Only the Tatasky plus has it. Any one know if some Tatasky STBs have component out? And if so will they change mine to it?

Thanks,
ash

none of the tata sky stbs have component out. and for that matter tata sky has only one stb model. :) i have tata sky plus, and i use it via component. pic quality is definitely better via component but nothing to lose ur sleep over.

Well, this may be a problem with DTH in genral but no way can Airtel be blamed. It is the best DTH service provider in the country IMO.

At the time of buying ADTH all the people told me about Tata Sky,now i regret not buying TaTa Sky,instead opting for Airtel even cable has many more channels than DTH

Regarding hanging in summer i was told by technician that the STB gets hot in summer for this reason it hangs,so it must be kept off for sometime

Regarding hanging in summer i was told by technician that the STB gets hot in summer for this reason it hangs,so it must be kept off for sometime

if DTH sweats in summer (needs to cool off), sneezes in winter and is dysfunctional during rains when does it work. Better off with Hathway STB

At the time of buying ADTH all the people told me about Tata Sky,now i regret not buying TaTa Sky,instead opting for Airtel even cable has many more channels than DTH

Sorry, don't understand.

What does Tata Sky offer you that Airtel does not ?

PS: I am assuming we are not talking about Tata Sky+

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back