Beware of Keith Correa

panditji

Just wanted to share my interactions with forum member Keith Correa who goes by the moniker of keith_correa so as to warn members.. I have never met Keith in my life and out of the blue Keith contacted me last year offering to help in optimising my laptop for improving SQ. He made certain changes on my machine remotely which greatly improved the SQ for which I was extremely grateful..

However it was just the beginning and since last year Keith has been updating my laptop every time he comes up with a new tweak improving the SQ every time.. He must have spent 30-40 hours by now on just my laptop and over the last couple of weeks has implemented so many tweaks that my laptop now behaves like a very very expensive music server extracting details from the music like no other machine I have ever heard...He has made a music software player which he integrated with my Jriver with OUTSTANDING detail retrieval.. However that implementation did not work with my Jremote but I was more than happy with the SQ.He then customised my laptop/Jriver to make it work with Jremote so that I do not have to move my butt to change albums.. My laptop is super optimised/customized to the way I listen to music and he has even given me options where I can change certain settings which work as different filters in some DACS.

The problem now is that I have started checking my whatsapp every morning and maybe 2-3 times a day hoping that Keith has another update to my machine.. I do not know what kind of black magic or genius is at play here but I would like to warn members dealing with Keith to limit their interactions with him otherwise they might also get the compulsive disorder of checking their phones for any new updates like me.. This has started affecting my personal life as I now listen to more music late into the nights and have been hearing things which were previously not there in the recordings...My electricity bill has gone up due to increased use of my music system and I have lost control over my laptop as Keith has modified everything to make it super optimised for audio.. I have now started arguing with people on forums who say that sources dont matter as much and have become slightly arrogant/condescending especially with people owning super expensive music servers even though I know shit about computers...

I do not know why Keith chose me but finally yesterday I mustered up enough courage to ask him not to install any new updates as my system is sounding ABSOLUTELY F#*^&G BRILLIANT and I want to get off the whole improving the sound wagon wheel.. Not sure till when I can resist the temptation but I just wanted to share my experience so that others can take an informed decision...

P.S. - Keith, I was joking about not wanting the new updates... I will keep checking my whatsapp for newer updates...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha ha ... well played @panditji!

At first I was wondering what the heck happened as you were one of the guys who praised Keith's work on his Optimizing Win 10 for Audio thread. Guys like Keith and Josh are genuine audio enthusiasts who are very generous with their knowledge. Good to see Keith getting recognition for his work.

Regards

Same Ha Ha Ha as like Nikhil.... Panditji is good in trending the thread too... He can leave the music and go for trending matters in twitter and FB..

On the story in the middle i thought the ending shall be he has hacked the datas in his laptop...

This thread can be pinned on top..

@keith_correa , now you're on my hit list :) I also trouble @firearm12 a lot

HiFi Rig: Dilvpoetry Preamp 6J1 + Marantz NA 6005 + ASI Liveline power cable + ASI Liveline Reference IC + Quad 405 MK2 + Castle Knight 5 (For Sale - Cambridge Audio Cxn & Piega Classic 3)

Did a double take and skipped a beat or three there reading that ominous heading. You and Keith had seemed to be getting along famously.
Kept waiting for the gory stuff as I read through.
Has Keith done something to the PC? No, it must be the mobile.
Had a good laugh at the end :D:D

Awesome post panditji. Hahahahaha

Now only waiting for Keith's reaction :)

I had been trying to induce other computer audio users running Windows to try Keith's operating system optimisations and his own audio player but unfortunately people don't seem to want to bite. I have benefited so much from him!

He is a bonafide genius in my books, and very persistent in achieving his set goals. If you're using Windows to play music through either foobar or JRiver, try his optimisations and player. It will take your sound to a level you have not thought possible. His player engine which can be integrated to foobar or JRiver interfaces, and beats the crap out of either player's engines.

I had been trying to induce other computer audio users running Windows to try Keith's operating system optimisations and his own audio player but unfortunately people don't seem to want to bite. I have benefited so much from him!

He is a bonafide genius in my books, and very persistent in achieving his set goals. If you're using Windows to play music through either foobar or JRiver, try his optimisations and player. It will take your sound to a level you have not thought possible. His player engine which can be integrated to foobar or JRiver interfaces, and beats the crap out of either player's engines.

Interesting Josh. I did not realize that Keith has developed his own player.

And brilliant attitude. He refused to let me throw away an almost dead PC, and brought it back to life in the most breathtaking way imaginable. And a great learning experience watching him on teamviewer.

I had been trying to induce other computer audio users running Windows to try Keith's operating system optimisations and his own audio player but unfortunately people don't seem to want to bite. I have benefited so much from him.

Would request you to stop recommending it to others so that we can keep Keith's genius to us limited few.. the reason I started this thread was to dissuade other people so we could be one of the limited few beneficiaries of an exclusive club.

I recall there was one thread detailing about his changes, is the recent changes documented there? also is the new keith player available for download?

I started to post but then deleted it. It'll only get me more involved which I don't want to do - would rather spend my time coding. :)

I've got tons of messages because of this thread and I'm not going to respond to any - for that I apologize in advance. There's just too much to code wrt improving Windows audio. Let me leave it at that.

To my "scapegoats" - you know who you are, I thank you for bearing with my sometimes misplaced enthusiasm in messaging you and taking up a LOT of your time in implementation but most of the time my exhilaration in implementing something gets the better of me and I just have to share it with you guys or else my head would explode. :)
But, I'll keep doing it in moderation from now on - I realize that this takes a toll on your bandwidth and time. Me, my wife has already given up on me and I don't want the same fate to befall you! My laptop awaits...

@panditji from your long rant I got a bit confused if you were mariied to Keith. :)
If he were, we'd be divorced in a day. And it would be totally my fault!! :)

I do not know why Keith chose me but finally yesterday I mustered up enough courage to ask him not to install any new updates as my system is sounding ABSOLUTELY
F#*^&G BRILLIANT and I want to get off the whole improving the sound wagon wheel..
You, my friend have not heard the best yet!! This dog has something up his sleeve yet to be unleashed!!!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back