Bic America PL 200-ii Port and Cabin noise

Could be....pls report the same to the dealer......so that he can check and provide a replacement.....maybe something is inside....which fell accidentally in the port holes
I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow. The vibration sound is from the inside back. Heavy jaaring effect

All the best. I have not had any issues with my BIC so far.. but port issue seems to be common in BIC ported subs. but yours look not just a port issue.

Well after so much inspection there is actually no port noise. The vibration sound is from the internal back side of the sub. Checked side by side with another sub and the noise was not there m. The dealer justification is that the sub has been used for many hours nd since Mine is new I am getting the back sound. He only gave me two choise. Either give the sub to him nd he will use of for demo for 100 hours and give it to me or asked me to finish the drive in period. So I brought the sub back nd will use for 2-3 months as I don’t have any other choice

I think you said glass cracking noise and port noise from start of this topic that is no were relating to what you say now. You might need to try different LFE settings try the 80, 100, 120hz. The best would be 100 or 120hz see which best suits. As said be nice boy to it during drive in period that when you get the sweet spots of any speakers and you will learn it's character. It is too early to comment on a new subwoofer.

I think you said glass cracking noise and port noise from start of this topic that is no were relating to what you say now. You might need to try different LFE settings try the 80, 100, 120hz. The best would be 100 or 120hz see which best suits. As said be nice boy to it during drive in period that when you get the sweet spots of any speakers and you will learn it's character. It is too early to comment on a new subwoofer.
The internal back vibration sounds like glass breaking or vibration. I have no other go but to adjust with the sound for now. After 100 hours of use if the same sound comes I’ll take it back to the dealer for service. Played same content on a used pl200-ii the sound wasn’t there. Wen I posted the thread I checked the sound standing infront of the sub so it felt like it’s coming from the port. For now m listening on 80hz

The internal back vibration sounds like glass breaking or vibration. I have no other go but to adjust with the sound for now. After 100 hours of use if the same sound comes I’ll take it back to the dealer for service. Played same content on a used pl200-ii the sound wasn’t there. Wen I posted the thread I checked the sound standing infront of the sub so it felt like it’s coming from the port. For now m listening on 80hz
As said it is too early to comment on a new baby. I will suggest to let it run as suggested. Try the different LFE settings suggested and let us know here. I still can't imagine a glass cracking noise from subwoofer... lol. I have tried many subwoofers and personally use a PL200 previous version.

As said it is too early to comment on a new baby. I will suggest to let it run as suggested. Try the different LFE settings suggested and let us know here. I still can't imagine a glass cracking noise from subwoofer... lol. I have tried many subwoofers and personally use a PL200 previous version.
Lol same here I have auditioned so many subs m just sad it’s happening to my sub

Either give the sub to him nd he will use of for demo for 100 hours and give it to me or asked me to finish the drive in period. So I brought the sub back nd will use for 2-3 months as I don’t have any other choice
Other choice is give your SW to dealer for demo/break in and use his demo piece in your house by that time.So you can get assured that burnt in sw works perfect and dealer also can see if there is actually any issue or not.

Other choice is give your SW to dealer for demo/break in and use his demo piece in your house by that time.So you can get assured that burnt in sw works perfect and dealer also can see if there is actually any issue or not.
The dealer was in no mood to swap the demo piece. So i decied rather then giving it to him i myself will use it for 3-4 months. If the noise doesn't settle down i can go back and ask for service.

There is another FM who has recently purchased the BIC Am PL 200 ii and faced some challenge in getting the sub to perform.....the sub used to work only after climbing to 70% of Master Volume on AVR.....he reached out to the dealer who inturn contacted BIC America. They are replacing the sub,.,,,,

There is no reason to have port noise or any kind of rattle in a new subwoofer unless there is a problem.
Why to live with the noise for 4 months after paying for a new subwoofer. ? It will kill the excitation and enjoyment of having a new sub

There is another FM who has recently purchased the BIC Am PL 200 ii and faced some challenge in getting the sub to perform.....the sub used to work only after climbing to 70% of Master Volume on AVR.....he reached out to the dealer who inturn contacted BIC America. They are replacing the sub,.,,,,
Oh good for him. My case the dealer refused to accept the fault even after playing the same content in my sub and the demo sub. Clearly the sound vibrating sound was not present in the demo sub and he is justifying that its an used sub and that mine is new and the speaker is tight and hence the noise. I clearly doubt that its due to the sub being new. Something is loose in the internal back.

There is no reason to have port noise or any kind of rattle in a new subwoofer unless there is a problem.
Why to live with the noise for 4 months after paying for a new subwoofer. ? It will kill the excitation and enjoyment of having a new sub

Well that is the quality of after sales service in india. I don't think there is any electrical fault in the sub. Some thing is loose in the internal back and is rattling inside at extreme lows. So i am happy with the sub and the noise is heard only at extreme lows which is very rare in movies. I noticed the sound in edge of tomorrow starting credits at 20 seconds and in deadpool last action scene when everything explodes. In all other actions scenes its all good

Well, your post is tilting my decision to buy this sub in the US :)

Well bringing it from US is not easy and also it operates at 110 volts.If any issue occurs they will just blame your current line so better get it here itself. There are many owners and no one had this issue. Don't let my post affect your decision. Even now i am happy with the sub. Amazing performance. Other subs you can look for are Emotiva bass x 12 or x 10

Actually, it comes with a jumper to shift from 110 to 240. Also, at 250 Dollars and if the local service is poor it is simpler to choose.

Actually, it comes with a jumper to shift from 110 to 240. Also, at 250 Dollars and if the local service is poor it is simpler to choose.
How will you buy and get it delivered here from us? It should cost the same including the custom fees. And if any service required local dealers will not give good support

Well that is the quality of after sales service in india. I don't think there is any electrical fault in the sub. Some thing is loose in the internal back and is rattling inside at extreme lows. So i am happy with the sub and the noise is heard only at extreme lows which is very rare in movies. I noticed the sound in edge of tomorrow starting credits at 20 seconds and in deadpool last action scene when everything explodes. In all other actions scenes its all good
You can leave it to dealer have it fixed and collect them instead of claiming here :). Here people only can give advice of various types but cannot fix. This would help for a peace of mind for your purchase. Because I can see you say that you heard many kind of sounds starting from port noise, cabin noise, glass cracking and now sound from rear and you have dropped them from list and now settled with rear noise. It is better to have it fixed or serviced.

Back