Blue ray Home theatre with tallboy speakers within budget of 30K required

There were speakers called Rectilinear Hi-boy and lo-boy in the US. May not be just korean, it may be a not commonly used nick name in other parts of the world too.

Cool.
Srinath.

Ok I stand corrected. I heard the term first when the first Hyundai Santro was introduced in India (Shah Rukh Khan ads) and they referred to it as a Tall boy design. Must be a Korean thing:)
Cheers,
Sid
Hi, it is ok. That term is used by audio commoners like me and not by audioPHILES.:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

This thread has 22 posts but I am not sure that real solution has been provided yet. So here is my take.

While the budget is still tight after increasing to 40K, if it can be adjusted a little I think following would be best bet. If negotiated properly I think this is achievable. Wireless capabilities definitely need to be sacrificed.

Pioneer AJ FS52 around 20K (Add Centre, surrounds and sub later)
Jamo HCS426 (not sure about the price)
Pioneer VSX523 around 22K (I have seen varied prices for this receiver)
Any Samusng/Sony/LG blu ray player 5-6K
Other alternative of BDP could be an Asus oplay mini media player for 3.5K

Threre may be other alternatives but above is tried and tested by many people. Audition is definitely recommended.

Hope this is useful.

real solution-philips htb 5580 blueray with 4 tall boy speakers. with rear wireless speakers. wireless transmitter is free. not suitable for smaall rooms.advanced model of philips in india

I am in a somewhat similar position.

30k may get your tower speakers but not wireless. 40k might.

The so-called wireless speakers are not wireless--the rear speakers plug into the rear receiver (wireless).

Look at higher end models from LG and Samsung. Sony may have problems with audio formats while playing from external sources.

Tower speakers may give good look but not good sound,

for good sound u may go for yamaha/ onkyo and others.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back