Bought BIC America F12 Subwoofer through Amazon.com

musicmypassion

I have bought BIC America F12 subwoofer using Amazon.com. This is being paired up with my Denon 1912.

I ordered it on Feb 10th, and I received the shipment Yesterday noon. The sub is basically 110v version, but it can be converted to 230v by changing a connector in the pcb of plate amp. One of our fellow member, Darshanjoshi, has helped me to get this done, thanks a ton bro.

BIC America F12
This is a budget sub from Bic America which comes under $200, to be exact $188. There are many rave reviews for this sub which tempted me to go with this as I wished to have a 12-inch driver in the SW. Many reviews say the sub is not that ideal for music, however better placement will give good results, let me try to find out the sweet spot.

Cost
As I mentioned, this is a budget sub that comes for $188. After adding shipping (Expedited International Shipping), handling, and import fee, the total damage was $393. Converting to Indian rupees, it comes to around Rs.19200/-. The payment was done through Credit card and the item was shipped through DHL express on the very next day. Everything worked out without any hassles. They provided me with the AWB and each step could be tracked using DHL's website.

Unpacking
I am pretty much satisfied with the DHL service. Every movement is updated on their site instantly without any delay. Customs got cleared within an hour as well!! The equipment had no scratches or damages at all. F12 is a HUGE subwoofer and occupies a big amount of space. It weights over 22 kg!!! making it a bit difficult to move across in the room.

Performance
The performance is like awesome, feels one will be thrown out of the seat if the volume is cranked up. I have put the volume knob till 10 o'clock only. Not sure how my negihbors are going to tolerate even with this volume. My current room specifications are very small, but will be moving out to another house with a dedicated HT room in it. I am pretty much satisfied with the performance of Bic America F12 and the price that I paid for it.

Sharing some pictures.....

Bic America - F12 in the original packing
97441104.jpg

After removing the carton, front side with covering material
56601126.jpg

Back side with covering material
85324004.jpg

Back side without covering material
69740487.jpg

Front with grill
22005401.jpg

Front without grill
60978039.jpg

For size comparison, BIC F12 vs Normal CD
95551912.jpg

wow congrates .. 19k is very good price for such a heavy item 42Lbs
I also wanted a sub but will keep a cheap DIY sub guy for now
Source > LPF > car sub in horned encl

SAd part is we cant see prices + shipping until we add a credit card to amazon !

Last edited:
@musicmypassion, congrats. Enquiry: what is the end to end time it took for you from placing the order to receiving the shipment at your doorstep? Also does tracking com only in case of international shipment or also for normal shipment? Did you check the price difference between normal vs expedited for your sub?

wow congrates .. 19k is very good price for such a heavy item 42Lbs
I also wanted a sub but will keep a cheap DIY sub guy for now
Source > LPF > car sub in horned encl

SAd part is we cant see prices + shipping until we add a credit card to amazon !
Thanks, yeap correct, you can add your credit/debit card, this is a one-time requirement. If you want to see the final amount of an item, you can just get into the last step and then delete the product from your cart.

Congratulations ... This is a serious looking sub.

Thanks, yes, it is very huge.

what are the other speakers you have
I have DIY Bookshelves as fronts, Cambridge Soundworks Center channel plus as center, and Atlantic Technology surrounds.

@musicmypassion, congrats. Enquiry: what is the end to end time it took for you from placing the order to receiving the shipment at your doorstep? Also does tracking com only in case of international shipment or also for normal shipment? Did you check the price difference between normal vs expedited for your sub?

Thanks, I placed the order on 9th (our noon time) and they shipped it on 10th (our midnight). I received the package yesterday (15th), so in total it took only 5 days to reach it from US to India.

They have two kind of shipping methods, one is Expedited International Shipping (averages 8-16 business days) and the other one is Priority International Courier (averages 2-4 days). For my SW, Priority shipping was $100 higher than expedited shipping, so I opted for the later one.

Congratulations on your new Sub dude!! It looks Massive!!
How did you manage without a Step down Transformer??

Thanks, as I mentioned, it was Darshanjoshi, our fellow member, who helped me to make it a 230v version. You would need to open the amp plate, and locate connectors which changes the amp to work on either 110v or 230v. Just interchange the connectors and you are done.

I will get a pic uploaded next time when I open the amp plate.

Congrats musicmypassion! That looks like massive :D
Could you please let us know the customs and shipping breakup?

Last edited:
Congrats musicmypassion,did you buy directly on amazon OR via junglee.com.

I was about to ask the same!

@musicmypassion,
Congrats on your new acquisition!

P.S.
Its comforting after reading the thread on Shopyourworld a while ago.I'll be more eager to spend 100$, and have a peace of mind - besides the SHINNY new toy to play with.

Congrats musicmypassion! That looks like massive :D
Could you please let us know the customs and shipping breakup?

Thanks, furnished below are the order details.

Item Subtotal: $188.38
Shipping & Handling: $123.55
Total Before Tax: $311.93
Import Fees Deposit: $81.67
Shipment Total: $393.60
Paid by Visa: $393.60

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back