Bought BIC America F12 Subwoofer through Amazon.com

Thanks, furnished below are the order details.

Item Subtotal: $188.38
Shipping & Handling: $123.55
Total Before Tax: $311.93
Import Fees Deposit: $81.67
Shipment Total: $393.60
Paid by Visa: $393.60

wow! that sure sounds like one mean deal for a k-a lookin sub!! congrats!!!

Thanks, as I mentioned, it was Darshanjoshi, our fellow member, who helped me to make it a 230v version. You would need to open the amp plate, and locate connectors which changes the amp to work on either 110v or 230v. Just interchange the connectors and you are done.

I will get a pic uploaded next time when I open the amp plate.

Hi Darshan / Musicmypassion,

Every equipment (110V)will have like this option to change to 240V or only this Sub alone?

Regards

wow! that sure sounds like one mean deal for a k-a lookin sub!! congrats!!!

Interestingly, if the customs fee (they paid in India) is less than the import fee that they have collected, the difference in amount will be re-funded. However, there is no way we can track this I guess. The refund will take around 90 days' time AFAIK.

Can we compare BIC America F12 to say Klipsch sw450 sub?
The reason is that I had chance to audition Klipsch and it was wonderful , truely room shaker in its class. But when it goes towards finances dealer in New Delhi quoted me 32.5 K INR. Now F12 seems to be good choice and also light on pocket. Now only issue is regarding performance and power. musicmypassion can kindly throw some light ...

Madhu_7 I had on 16th Feb an audition of Klipsch sw350,sw450 at AVO k1/14 Basement CR park , New Delhi. The owner Rajeev Mehna was understanding and was warm in his approach towards me, though I had clearly stated that I am for audition only.
Audition was done for music - Western and Indian apart movie clips were also played. Tried to have same volume level when comparing Klipsch 350 and 450. I had 2 more of my friends so that 3 of us could feel the difference.
Truely Klipsch sw450 outperformed Klipsch sw350. To focus on SW 450 - this sub made the difference to music as well as movies. Bass was tight and powerfull. I also particularly love bass effect. In movies ( Body Gaurd fight scene ) Sw 450 provided that body shaking experience. In music ( like Pitbull, Eagles - Hotel California ) ,by adjusting to right amount of sound level , bass was complemented. There was no boomyness in the sound. Tried and played with LFE and Volume and came out that adjustments need to be done for type of sound you prefer, placement and room properties.
As time and opportunity permits will try to write more on other subs I have chance to feel ( I think its more now to feeling than hearing - a step above ).
Thanks for asking ...

Last edited:
Amazon.com offers Klipsch SW450 at $900 final inclusive of all taxes and customs !!!

Surprise I got an offer of Rs.32000 in Delhi...

So comparing Apples to Apples ...

Hi Darshan / Musicmypassion,

Every equipment (110V)will have like this option to change to 240V or only this Sub alone?

Regards

I dont think AVR comes with such option. BIC provides this option since they do not officially exist in other European and Asian Countires. Most of the AVR manufacturer offer their products in European and Asian Countires and so they can offer different models in US (110v) and Asia/Europe (240v)

Can we compare BIC America F12 to say Klipsch sw450 sub?
The reason is that I had chance to audition Klipsch and it was wonderful , truely room shaker in its class. But when it goes towards finances dealer in New Delhi quoted me 32.5 K INR. Now F12 seems to be good choice and also light on pocket. Now only issue is regarding performance and power. musicmypassion can kindly throw some light ...

I own BIC V1020 (Rs.13.5k/-) in my 17' X 11' Room and it can easiy shake my room. I am sure F12 will be monstreous. :)

Glad u liked the SW 450...
I am having thoughts abt it...
My room is abt 12*10(under construction)...i feel sw 450 would be overkill

Madhu_7 I had on 16th Feb an audition of Klipsch sw350,sw450 at AVO k1/14 Basement CR park , New Delhi. The owner Rajeev Mehna was understanding and was warm in his approach towards me, though I had clearly stated that I am for audition only.
Audition was done for music - Western and Indian apart movie clips were also played. Tried to have same volume level when comparing Klipsch 350 and 450. I had 2 more of my friends so that 3 of us could feel the difference.
Truely Klipsch sw450 outperformed Klipsch sw350. To focus on SW 450 - this sub made the difference to music as well as movies. Bass was tight and powerfull. I also particularly love bass effect. In movies ( Body Gaurd fight scene ) Sw 450 provided that body shaking experience. In music ( like Pitbull, Eagles - Hotel California ) ,by adjusting to right amount of sound level , bass was complemented. There was no boomyness in the sound. Tried and played with LFE and Volume and came out that adjustments need to be done for type of sound you prefer, placement and room properties.
As time and opportunity permits will try to write more on other subs I have chance to feel ( I think its more now to feeling than hearing - a step above ).
Thanks for asking ...

@Kittu
I am man of simple tastes
I like Dynamites and Gun powder... (The dark knight)
Metaphorically meaning the low freq

I shd wait till new pieces come by...
paying 30k i cant settle for a demo piece.....

Last edited:
@OP,

Did amazon/junglee shipped it direct or u got thru any other service? I am trying to add and it says can not ship to the address. :mad:

SW450 is out of stocks. Only demo units are being sold at many stores including cinebels.

:mad:

kittu any reasons l
known to u. I had chance to audition sw 450 and sw350 recently. Will confirm regarding new or demo stock. list price in Delhi is Rs 34600. after discount final price being quoted is Rs31000...
pls confirm better prices...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back