Bought PV8 yesterday!

amey

Hi all,
I would like to share this joyous moment with you all...
Bought panasonic 42PV8D yesterday from Panasonic showroom for 45K. :yahoo:
Saw Champions league football on my new Plasma late last night... amazing experience!!!

Thanks a lot guys for all your suggestions and inputs.

Last edited:
Congrats. 45K is an awesome deal. Now if only other companies followed and lowered their prices too...

Super cool, congrats and welcome to Pana and Pv8 family.

read my thread on how to check usage time and also plasma tv burn-in guide. Will help you enjoy the tv to the fullest.

Congratulations! Good choice.
Not only in this forum, but also on CNET reviews, the PV8/PV80 have received good review comments.

Do let us know your detailed experience in a few days / weeks.

Thanks a lot for your wishes!
Yeah I read the post on usage time & will follow it after going home in the evening. Will also go thru burn in post.
Will post my experiences after couple of weeks!

Can't agree with u more... Panny rocks!!! :clapping:

Congratulations! Where is this Panny showroom? Is the one opposite to Y B Chauhan Auditorium or else?

You are right... it's opposite the Yashvantrao theatre near Shivaji Statue.

BTW, i forgot to mention that there is also a scratch card offer from panny in which u get either 50 movie dvd's (hopefully original & not divx format) or home theatre or a dinner date with Ranbir Kapoor (my wife's wishing to get this one) ;)
i'll get the scratch card in another 4-5 days.

You are right... it's opposite the Yashvantrao theatre near Shivaji Statue.

BTW, i forgot to mention that there is also a scratch card offer from panny in which u get either 50 movie dvd's (hopefully original & not divx format) or home theatre or a dinner date with Ranbir Kapoor (my wife's wishing to get this one) ;)
i'll get the scratch card in another 4-5 days.

There is also a digi cam in the offer Amey.And the dinner will come along after a lottery , not directly from Scratch Card. The magic card can give you dvds/HT/Digi Cam.

amey welcome to the Panny pv8/80 fan club. I am sure you will have a lot of fun with this TV. Completely VFM. Sports look great so do HD stuff.

PS: Do use it on cinema mode for the first few weeks i.e. 100-200 hrs before turning up the contrast.

Ok. I'll do that.
Yesterday, after i switched off the TV after watching champs league game, the room was completely dark. I could see slight shades of channel logo and score bar on the screen. However, i tried to find those marks today morning but they were completely invisible.

Ok. I'll do that.
Yesterday, after i switched off the TV after watching champs league game, the room was completely dark. I could see slight shades of channel logo and score bar on the screen. However, i tried to find those marks today morning but they were completely invisible.

it happens like any normal CRT - it disappears when the TV cools down. The same case happened to me ealrier but with night time viewing and AC on durign summer months - this appears to a lesser extent.

This is not screen burn in.

You are better off with this than permanent clouding as seen in many LCD TV

Hi all,
I would like to share this joyous moment with you all...
Bought panasonic 42PV8D yesterday from Panasonic showroom for 45K. :yahoo:
Saw Champions league football on my new Plasma late last night... amazing experience!!!

Thanks a lot guys for all your suggestions and inputs.

Good purchase. Apart from sports, I was amazed by Discovery and NGC, so too upscaled DVDs through Oppo 981.

gUYS ,

i TOO GOT THE tv 5 DAYS AGO FROM DEVI FOR 44200 NET.

QQ, to all u guys , i have been reading to watch contents which fill up teh entire screen during first 100- 200 hrs. But if i watch a DVD or some movie channels , they dont fill teh entire screen , i do see the black lines on top and bottom the lines which come with normal DVD .so i do have to zoomit to fill the picture to entire screen and watch or can i just watch it , can some body please advice.

Regards

Hi Sunil

It is perfectly fine to see the horizontal and vertical lines even from day one. The key is not to see this for extended periods of time (days together such as playing games where some of the logos just exist on the screen) This will cause burn in.

Even then there are solutions that you can setup in your TV such as pixel shift and running the white wash (not sure what this is called by Pana) that will remove the slight burn in.

gUYS ,

i TOO GOT THE tv 5 DAYS AGO FROM DEVI FOR 44200 NET.

QQ, to all u guys , i have been reading to watch contents which fill up teh entire screen during first 100- 200 hrs. But if i watch a DVD or some movie channels , they dont fill teh entire screen , i do see the black lines on top and bottom the lines which come with normal DVD .so i do have to zoomit to fill the picture to entire screen and watch or can i just watch it , can some body please advice.

Regards

Hi Suprateep,

Even though pv8 is not full hd, HD stuff looks great on it? How will u compare a 37 inch full hd lcd with pv8 wrt full hd content?

cheers,
sri

Back