bought sony klv-40v400A for rs 52000

drno

since normal cable TV will be blurred in my new 40 inch TV, what kind of a connection should i get in order to get a better picture for cable channels? I heart tata sky + is good, but how good is it? does it come close to blu ray quality?

the local cable wallah says that he can give a set top box that relays DVD quality channels. is that good enough?

The (digital) Cable box's picture will be atleast as good, if not better than TataSky.

Both, the Cable Box and TataSky ASPIRE to achieve DVD quality ( their ads not withstanding).

Both, Digital Cable & TataSky are NO WHERE near Blu Ray

The (digital) Cable box's picture will be atleast as good, if not better than TataSky.

My experience says otherwise. I suppose digital cable box transmission quality depends on area.

SUN DTH is better than both tata sky and hathway.

P.S: I don't know the PQ benefits of tata sky+. My observation is based on tata sky with composite out.

TataSky+ adds ONLY a recording function, NOT better picture quality.

Infact the recording function uses substantial digital compressioon to record (more) video on the relatively small HDD in the TataSky+ box, so if anything, the picture quality of TataSky+ will be Worse than TataSky.

err.. I have put the purchase on hold. telephoned the showroom and told them to put it on hold.

I put it on hold because I think watching normal cable channels on 40inch TV will not be good as the image wil get blurred. I think 32inch is better since it is smaller. smaller the TV, better the quality right?

I prefer quality over size, and I think watching cable channels on 32inch would be far better than watching the same thing on a 40 inch. what is your opinion guys? am i doing the right thing?

well......I think that a lot depends upon model apart from the size factor. I am watching tatasky on 40" Sammy B550 and though its not as clear compared to smaller CRT tvs, its still good (atleast not blurred).
Having said that, since, all service providers are in the process of upgrading signal braodcast keeping in view the bigger screen true HD LCDs, buying a smaller screen LCD may prove to be a bad idea very soon, specially if you have sufficient budget for a bigger screen.
If you take opinion of ppl currenly owning 32" screen, most of them must be craving to go for a bigger screen. Prime reason is that 32" looks smaller once its wall mounted.

IMHO, TV size should be liked to the viewing distance.

The Vieweing distance should be 1.5 to 2x the diagonal. The bigger distance better for poorer source pictures, such as from an Analog Cable connection.

Hence for a 42 inch Flat panel, probably best viewed from AT LEAST 70 to 80 inches away.

If you don't have this viewing distance, get a smaller screen size.

Well the Pic quality of both cable set top box and DTH providers are almost same. I Am using Cable wallah set top box and quality of some channels in my 42 inch is good.Neo cricket,NDTV ,CNN IBN,Colors are the goodones but for some channels it sucks:p. Also viewing distance matters a lot.If u want to go for a 42 inch den minimum of 10ft distance shd be der for a satisfactory viewing.And as commonwealth games is to be broadcasted in HD,who knows, we may get others also to start HD transmission(atleast 720p).

Buy an LCD taking into consideration the upgrades which will come up. HD has been in the US since a few years now, and with Sun DTH starting to give a few channels in HD, it is only a matter of time before Tata Sky follows suit. LCDs have a long life span, so if you're buying a smaller one right now to suit your current needs, you may desire a larger one later on, when channels start broadcasting in HD.

You are right in saying that, smaller the size of the TV, better the clarity. I did experience that with my older CRTs. Had a 21 and a 25 inch. The 21 looked much clearer than the 25. Not sure if this is the same case with LCDs.

Also take into consideration the viewing distance, as IndianEars rightly pointed out.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back