"Budget" Projectors

shredder

Hi
I was on the verge of getting a 32" LCD TV (Full HD) but I have also started considering a projector within the 33K budget. The main use of the projector will be for watching movies and playing games. I have shortlisted a few models.
BENQ MP515
SONY VPL-EX7 2000
EPSON EB-S7 PROJECTOR

Does anybody have any experience with these "budget" projectors? Or am I better off with a 32" LCD TV?

By the way what is the average cost of a replacement bulb for these projectors?

Thanks in advance.

Why not get a HD 65 from US, it will cost around the same and is more than a budget projector.

Hi all
One thing which had put me off projectors was the shortness of the lamp life (usually ~3000 hrs). But today I came across the LG HS102G which boasts a lamp life of 30,000 hrs. Only damper is that it retails at around 59,990/- while in US it retails as low as $300. Anyone know of any projectors which offer similar lamp life??

well.... 3000 hrs is quite decent life . if u wish to use it to watch movies, at a realistic pace... wud take 5-10 yrs to exhaust all its life.
i have benq mp 511+.
make sure u can get the room pitch dark during daytime also... else the daytime utility of projector as opposd to lcd tv wud be zero

Hi all
One thing which had put me off projectors was the shortness of the lamp life (usually ~3000 hrs). But today I came across the LG HS102G which boasts a lamp life of 30,000 hrs. Only damper is that it retails at around 59,990/- while in US it retails as low as $300. Anyone know of any projectors which offer similar lamp life??

that is a good point..If the prj is a replacement for TV, you wd be running the prj 4-8hrs in a day.. wd mean that u wd run 2000hrs in a year..
average life of a plasma LCD panel is 8-10 yrs, which means that you wd need a lamp life of 15000 hrs.. or 4-5 lamp replacements..
as far as i know no prjs except LED can offer such gud lamp life

The projector bulb life of 3000 hours or so is very much fine, it can last for a very long time especially if you want to use it for movies.

I am having since last several months the 102G, if i remember right, i had paid for it around 40,000/- therefore it can never be the high price you mentioned, please check with other dealers.

If one has to use projector as a replacement to television, it will never be a good idea.

V.

Hi
I was on the verge of getting a 32" LCD TV (Full HD) but I have also started considering a projector within the 33K budget. The main use of the projector will be for watching movies and playing games. I have shortlisted a few models.
BENQ MP515
SONY VPL-EX7 2000
EPSON EB-S7 PROJECTOR

Does anybody have any experience with these "budget" projectors? Or am I better off with a 32" LCD TV?

By the way what is the average cost of a replacement bulb for these projectors?

Thanks in advance.

Have you bought the projector ??

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back