Budget Sub Woofer

I too was looking for a budget subwoofer under 20k.Confused with Taga TSW-90, Pioneer S-51W, Mission MS-200 and Yamaha NSW050/100. So I contacted Jamsticks to enquire about available subwoofers and they suggested better to go for Taga 90 as it is a new model with better BASS reproductions at this price level. I am unable to stretch my budget so thought to go for this. Any suggestions please.

If your room is not large then you can go for Yamaha. I have auditoned the older model SW-012. And I was very impressed with tight and crisp bass it produces. Also after a lot of reading I can say that Yamaha is the only well established popular brand whose subs can produce below 30Hz in a small budget.

I think Taga is good in terms of pricing but quality is still questionable. They are still new in market and will take some time to get established with strong hold.

Maybe Taga will be a best option after few more years.:confused:

yes they have alot of quality issues, they need to sort their quality yet to match it with the reputed brands.

[b]i dont know why but their is some serious problem in sw 10 taga harmony i think their whole batch is faulty of sw10 as i purchased it was giving some diisortion noise sent to service center got it repaired but founded the bass is less earlier also it was less within purchase of 7 days i faced so many troubles

Please refrain from using ALL caps (or) ALL BOLD...

Was the original issue fixed by service center ?

till now the bass is less so many settings told by fellow members callibration change of wire everything neighter their service centre is intrested i am fed up now till now i cant get any result

Could you help with some information.. Atleast you might get some suggestions on placement you can try that out..

- How big is your room ?
- Where have you placed the sub ?
- How far is your listening position from the sub ?
- What is the sub level (+/- db) in speaker settings in AVR after Accu EQ calibration ?
- What are the physical settings that you have used on the sub, volume knob position, phase & crossover Freq?
- What is the crossover set by Accu EQ calibration (or) if you had manually changed it ?

Friends,

Any views or reviews of BIC America?

They have started selling in India with warranty. Distributor is Pro Audio Home and is Mumbai based.

Thanks

If your room is not large then you can go for Yamaha. I have auditoned the older model SW-012. And I was very impressed with tight and crisp bass it produces. Also after a lot of reading I can say that Yamaha is the only well established popular brand whose subs can produce below 30Hz in a small budget.

Thanks for the reply.My room falls under 120 sq ft so thought Yamaha SW012 will suffice presently. My main priority is watching movies than listening to music. I thought of audition before buying but unluckily in my area there is none so have to rely on online shopping sites. If anyone else have used this subwoofer please share your experiences and suggestions.What about Yamaha NS-SW050?

Last edited:
Please refrain from using ALL caps (or) ALL BOLD...

Was the original issue fixed by service center ?

Could you help with some information.. Atleast you might get some suggestions on placement you can try that out..

- How big is your room ?
- Where have you placed the sub ?
- How far is your listening position from the sub ?
- What is the sub level (+/- db) in speaker settings in AVR after Accu EQ calibration ?
- What are the physical settings that you have used on the sub, volume knob position, phase & crossover Freq?
- What is the crossover set by Accu EQ calibration (or) if you had manually changed it ?

-My room is a medium size 550 sq feet dedicated HT ROOM
-I have placed the sub near the couch also i have tried other places corner wall near the fronts etc but no response
-my listening position from sub is 7-8 feet
-the sub settings after callibaratin was +2
-voloume knob 60-70 percent phase zero crossover 11 o clock position tried 12 o clock also and other positions also i tried
- I had croosover in AVR for sub set to 120 by aacu callib tried 80 90 100 also mannualy but couldnt get bass
ALSO a important think i want to mention in same place same position I was using a ONKYO 3500 HT IN A BOX system earlier for temporary base but used to get a proper bass also the sub was just passive

-My room is a medium size 550 sq feet dedicated HT ROOM

550 Sqft is a large room.. Don't think a single sub can do this much area..2 (or) 4 subs could help you get more bass in the listening position..

BTW i run dual subs in 150 Sqft living room..

-voloume knob 60-70 percent phase zero crossover 11 o clock position tried 12 o clock also and other positions also i tried

The crossover on the sub should be set to maximum (or) 4 /5 O Clock position as you are using crossover on the AVR..

ALSO a important think i want to mention in same place same position I was using a ONKYO 3500 HT IN A BOX system earlier for temporary base but used to get a proper bass also the sub was just passive

I too have used Onkyo subs in the past that came with HTIB's.. But Active one's.. Don't think a passive HTIB can better an active one :)

Ok i find you too positive for eveything but really i cant get bass also i am not comparing a active vs passive sub just i am telling the comparison of bass of sw10 is so less than my previous passive onkyo sub which reflects my current position

2 subs was already advised by sujit sir but atleast i can get some bass from my first sub or tackle that issue than i will move to second sub also i dont need 4 subs 2 subs is sufficient for me

Ok i find you too positive for eveything but really i cant get bass also i am not comparing a active vs passive sub just i am telling the comparison of bass of sw10 is so less than my previous passive onkyo sub which reflects my current position

Understand.. At, very least volume knob on the sub, i could hardly feel the 75 dbSPL during Audyssey calibration.. After calibration, i set it to 9 o clock position on both subs now and it is more than sufficient for my 150 Sqft room..

Keep the crossover on the sub to maximum, when you are using crossover in AVR..

2 subs was already advised by sujit sir but atleast i can get some bass from my first sub or tackle that issue than i will move to second sub also i dont need 4 subs 2 subs is sufficient for me

Single sub isn't able to fill your room..Your room is defnetly large.. Yes..You will need at-least 2 subs..

Check Phase as well; change it from 0 to 180 and see, keep volume up to Max.
Change crossover to Maximum.
These are the Sub settings I'm talking about.

In AVR change sub settings to LF+Main

2 subs is a necessity for your room size, but don't buy another Taga SW if you are not happy with the performance.

Last edited:
Sir many of fellow members in Forum say to keep the crossover at the back of Taga sub to max but Sujit Sir Bizi05 Strictly opposes it he says you will not get lfe effects that are desighned to work with 30-40 HZ frequency in movies and you should keep Crossover at the back of sub to 30-40 only but i do so i dont get any effects nor the punch i cant understand kindly explain please

Check Phase as well; change it from 0 to 180 and see, keep volume up to Max.
Change crossover to Maximum.
These are the Sub settings I'm talking about.

In AVR change sub settings to LF+Main

2 subs is a necessity for your room size, but don't buy another Taga SW if you are not happy with the performance.

Sir many of fellow members in Forum say to keep the crossover at the back of Taga sub to max but Sujit Sir Bizi05 Strictly opposes it he says you will not get lfe effects that are desighned to work with 30-40 HZ frequency in movies and you should keep Crossover at the back of sub to 30-40 only but i do so i dont get any effects nor the punch i cant understand kindly explain please

If you are doing bass management in your receiver i.e. setting the cut off in receiver itself there is no point in doing it in sub, it should be set to max or bypass.

Last edited:
Hello Friends,

I am pleased to inform you all that I have placed an order to ProAudioHome for BIC America F-12 Subwoofer. Will share the experience as soon as I receive and install it.

Thanks a lot for valuable suggestions.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back