Bug Head Player

I am thinking if I can get that working will try to integrate with any other open source audio player for better UI for Bug player and make it more convenient to use.

Please get cracking and come up with something nice :thumbsup:

Installed 6.79, but Infinity Blade refuses to run:sad: even in Compatibility Mode (which the OS determined to be Vista SP 2).

But Bug Head is running and sounding damned good:licklips:

Do read the developer's Bug Head page (link on page 1 of this thread). He has mentioned that versions 6.67 and up are for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012.

Why not upgrade your Win 8 to 10? It's still available for free.

I am still stuck on Windows 7 and can't access any new versions. Currently running 6.56 as 6.66 didn't work!!! Does anyone has the highest version that works on Windows 7 ?

I am still stuck on Windows 7 and can't access any new versions. Currently running 6.56 as 6.66 didn't work!!! Does anyone has the highest version that works on Windows 7 ?

Don't worry too much about playing the latest version.
I am still playing 6.45 and very happy with it.

There are differences but the latest version doesn't always mean that it's the best.

Do read the developer's Bug Head page (link on page 1 of this thread). He has mentioned that versions 6.67 and up are for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012.

Why not upgrade your Win 8 to 10? It's still available for free.

Well this is company provided laptop...so need to wait for them to roll out this upgrade....meanwhile will be enjoying the old version BHP.. :)

~Cheers

Well this is company provided laptop...so need to wait for them to roll out this upgrade....meanwhile will be enjoying the old version BHP.. :)

~Cheers
For the real benefit of your laptop for BHE , you need to have dedicated laptop for music, otherwise there is no evident result...and that too 64bit OS and more RAM..

Don't worry too much about playing the latest version.
I am still playing 6.45 and very happy with it.

There are differences but the latest version doesn't always mean that it's the best.

+1 ...there is no general rule that , one version is going to sound good at every system...because of synergy and your taste, it might differ according to components...so at the end YMMV...

Installed 6.79, but Infinity Blade refuses to run:sad: even in Compatibility Mode (which the OS determined to be Vista SP2

Removed the Compatibility setting, then could run IB through command line. Didn't succeed the first time, repeated the command (C:\Program Files\Bughead\InfinityBlade.exe) and ever since it has been consistently running.

Weird:rolleyes:

I'm now able to launch IB from a script, too (wasn't possible earlier).

For users of Foobar, try using the recommended routine for best sound.
Only this time use Foobar in ReadWrite Data in place of Bughead

1. All core any cures (Run)
2. Rewrite data (Administrator mode) for Driver-Asio driver, Foobar.
3. Finished? and wait 3 minutes.
4. Rewrite data (Administrator mode) for Driver-Asio driver, Foobar.
5. Finished? and wait 3 minutes.
6. Rewrite data (Administrator mode) for Driver-Asio driver, Foobar.
7. All core any cures (Repeat the run every 34 mins)
8. Run "Hyper regenerate knight" if you have it

I'm not a regular user of Foobar so will not be able to comment in detail.
But I'd say the process makes Foobar sound pretty good.

Regards.

Last edited:
Guys grab 6.88...it is available for all windows version and somehow it clicks all ticks....its better you experience it now....there may me another version available shortly..

....and to my ears it is sounding best till now....mid range is lustrous...and extended frequency response there..

Just noticed a new tuning called Basic X in place of the usual sGalaxy. It's the default tuning. I'm using it right now. In fact I'm playing completely default at Normal at x1. I've stopped using x4 upsampling for quite some time now as Normal sounds very good. Also, it's much less demanding of RAM (just under 3 GB is required by Infinity Blade during normal playback, though it can peak to as much 27 GB during the initial Rewrite process).

For those on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012, I strongly recommend that you follow Keith's optimisation steps. They've really helped to completely stop processes which one doesn't need for music playback. They also optimize the operating system in myriad ways (power management, clocking, processor core assignment, etc). I've beta tested all the steps and scripts and they work beautifully. I don't face any more problems playing Bug Head due to computer resource crunch, though I've chosen not to go extreme with the settings (like many JPlay users do). Strongly recommended. Only caveat is one has to sit down and manually do all the steps one by one. It took me two sittings spread over about 4 hours and 1 and half hours, respectively.

For Windows Server users, the alternative is to buy Audiophile Optimizer and Fidelizer and use them together. Win 10 users probably have to set Fidelizer to extreme to gain what I've gained from Keith's tweaks.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back