Buying LG 50PJ350

After much consideration and wandering around we decided (last week) to purchase LG 50PJ350

Price quoted so far is 56k but I am hoping to get a good discount as I'll be picking up 2 Plasmas , a refrigerator and a washing machine :D

This is my purchase list:

2 LG 50PJ350s (56k)
LG GL-338VE5 Double Door Refrigerator (24k)
LG WF-T8019PR Top Load Washing Machine (18k)

I am from Shimla and I am aware that prices are kind of on the higher side. Especially for Refrigerator and machine, they are at Par with prices on LG's website.

But seriously I don't have any other option as my parents and brother refuse to buy it from Chandigarh (where I 'might' get them for lil less price). But really, cant be bothered that much, too afraid that for such a long and twisted (if you've been to Shimla u'd know what I mean) journey the risks of getting goods damaged is quite high, so I am buying from here.

We dont have any fancy stores over here, just company outlets so they kind of have a monopoly XD

If anyone knows prices for above stated products in Delhi or any other Northern area then please do let me know as those will help tremendously in bargaining when I make a purchase this Friday (or Monday).

And before you Pana freaks suggest anything, I failed to find a dealer with Panasonic sets in Shimla, so that is out of question :p

Finally, I came to this forum while searching for something that'd help me in making the decision (LCD vs Plasma) and it served well :D

Is it necessary to spend 18k for a washing machine??,you can get good ones for 10 k
Washing machine is not something which will give you pleasure!,so,instead you can spend the rest of the money on a full HD TV,which will give you pleasure!

off topic - but yes i got mine @ 11 K that too LG automatic 2 years back working fine

Last edited:
Is it necessary to spend 18k for a washing machine??,you can get good ones for 10 k
Washing machine is not something which will give you pleasure!,so,instead you can spend the rest of the money on a full HD TV,which will give you pleasure!

Haha, true but I am not getting that for myself or else I'd have spent 20k on a HT. that's what my mother selected so getting that :D

off topic - but yes i got mine @ 11 K that too LG automatic 2 years back working fine

yeah there is one such model, just buying the 7KG one :)

50pj350 Approx price in Delhi - 52000
With hard bargaining possibly - 50000
Hope you get the same.

Oh yeah I also happen to remember that my mom got a LG washing machine 10 days back. It seems you are spending way too much on the washing machine if you are dishing out around 18k. Some Decent washing machine models are easily available for around 12-13k including ones in IFB.

My mom bought this LG model WF-N7039NP - MRP 13400. We got this for 11900.00 but I did not bargain a lot. I am sure I could have got it for a much lower price.

As for LG refrigerators I am not sure you should be getting this from LG.
LG is not particularly known for making good refrigerators. I believe you should get a decent Whirlpool model. I own one and it has been really good for the last 4 years. Not saying LG would be making bad ones but its just that this is not their specialization. Even Panasonic have been pushing their models in the last few days. My friend got one a month back and he is quite happy with it.

Hope this helps.

consider panasonic 50x20, its also HD ready but with 3 years extended warranty price will be around 55k as well

50pj350 Approx price in Delhi - 52000
With hard bargaining possibly - 50000
Hope you get the same.

Oh yeah I also happen to remember that my mom got a LG washing machine 10 days back. It seems you are spending way too much on the washing machine if you are dishing out around 18k. Some Decent washing machine models are easily available for around 12-13k including ones in IFB.

My mom bought this LG model WF-N7039NP - MRP 13400. We got this for 11900.00 but I did not bargain a lot. I am sure I could have got it for a much lower price.

As for LG refrigerators I am not sure you should be getting this from LG.
LG is not particularly known for making good refrigerators. I believe you should get a decent Whirlpool model. I own one and it has been really good for the last 4 years. Not saying LG would be making bad ones but its just that this is not their specialization. Even Panasonic have been pushing their models in the last few days. My friend got one a month back and he is quite happy with it.

Hope this helps.

Washing machine wasn't my decision, it's purely my mom's decision and I think it is more so because that model has largest capacity and it really makes a difference over here for warm clothes ? Anyway,s it's not under my control to change that :D

And thanks for the prices, I'd be happy if I can even get 52k here with extra taxes and all :p

Decision of buying LG refrigerator was based on the fact that our older one is from same brand and we havn't really had a problem other than the fact that it's freaking small :p

You could also try looking out for a Sammy 50 inches 50c450 plasma model if available at your place. This is one of the short-listed models which even I want to get.
It is much better than LG.
You could get it between 52-55k.

You could also try looking out for a Sammy 50 inches 50c450 plasma model if available at your place. This is one of the short-listed models which even I want to get.
It is much better than LG.
You could get it between 52-55k.

Initially I was going for Samsung but then I realised that they are selling everything at MRP over here so that one costs 67.5k , thanks to their Diwali offer or else it wld cost 69k :/

And they only had a Demo Piece and even that was sold to some poor chap.

As per their salesman, they wont order any Plasmas unless someone books one as Plasmas Panels start getting dead lines due to leakage after year or two :p

In simple words, I dont have any other options, LG is the only one :p

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back