cables for the following setting?

Brother I am looking for the the total package that u have got.will you tell me the cost and place from where you got all this stuff

I got speakers from Zansaar (cheaper than what I was quoted in Delhi), I paid in total 101,650 for all; AVR from htstore.in (Rs. 50,000), and projector (107000 L) from Nehru place. Now looking for appropriate cable and fixed-screen screen. For Screen I am going DIY route. Will buy stuff off web (probably carl's place carlofet.com) and ask a carpenter to do the framing and stretch the fabric on frame.

DAC and MX are the most VFM speaker cables. Don't look beyond these two.

14 SWG should suffice your needs. 12 SWG can also be used if the price difference is low. 14 SWG MX used to be around Rs 55 / Meter and DAC around Rs100 /Meter.

Since mostly the Front speakers will be placed at approx. 5 to 7ft distance, 16awg or even 18 awg is enough. Only the surround connections which normally runs beyond 20 ft needs thick wire that also depending the speakers load ( 8/4 ohms) 4 ohms speakers will cover only half the distance of what 8 ohms speaker needs. For a distance of 35ft, 14awg is sufficient for 8ohms speaker.

I use monoprice 16awg and satisfied with that. Also keep in mind, that with those pricier cables, you may notice/hear the difference only when the amp/ receiver and speakers are also not from the budget class.

And most of us( not all),mostly, listen to music as well as do some other activities also in

I dont think so spending 10K + cables for the audio art is costlier considering the speakers cost at 1L+ 0.5L for amplifier and it is justified.

Last edited:
I dont think so spending 10K + cables for the audio art is costlier considering the speakers cost at 1L+ 0.5L for amplifier and it is justified.

You are right, but somehow spending too much on cable doesn't sound a good investment. 1.5L for speakers and AVR appears to justify its worth. Can such expensive cable be worth its salt? I must tell you that I'll need around 200 ft of cable, as I am planning bi-amping the speakers.

Thanks for the clarity you offered. I understand that I need 12 AWG cable, and that is what I want to know and yes DAC is expensive and I don't want to spend that money if it is of no use, as you have hinted in your reply. So do you mean to say any 12 AWG Copper wire (Oxygen free) will do as good a job as any other 12 AWG Copper wire (Oxygen free)? And could you please suggest some cheaper 12 AWG Copper wire (Oxygen free) cable?

I am going for bi-amping so in total I will need 200-ft of cable and I am doing a permanent in-wall wiring for the speakers. My HT will be complete soon, so worrying about cable wiring and the electricity ones (I will keep the two in separate in-wall pipes).
Why don't you just get the monoprice 12 awg via ishopinternational? I have got hdmi cable through that route and it cost me a fraction of what i'd have to pay if i had got locally. Reached me in 10 days or so.

Why don't you just get the monoprice 12 awg via ishopinternational? I have got hdmi cable through that route and it cost me a fraction of what i'd have to pay if i had got locally. Reached me in 10 days or so.

It sounds good to get cable from ishopinternational. Thanks for this adivce. I'll do exactly that, as I was looking for a cheaper place to get cable. Could you please suggest which RCA cable do you suggest for subwoofer?

Which HDMI cable did you get? I need a 25-30feet one for my setup as well.

And I want know if screen material ordered from Carl's place reaches India safely? I have one terrible experience of ordering a small item from Amazon.com in 2011, which never reached. I hope it is not so with Carl's place. Please suggest.

I know I am being too much greedy for this domain's knowledge, but then I am a noob, can't help :-(

Last edited:
I got this hdmi cable through ishopinternational from Amazon.com
Amazon.com : Aurum Ultra Series High Speed HDMI Cable (35 Ft) - Supports 3D, Ethernet and Audio Return [Newest Version] - 35 Feet : Extra Long Hdmi Cable : Electronics
I find that it is an excellent cable.
For subwoofer cable, i'd have got this
http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-U...id=1395062976&sr=8-1&keywords=subwoofer+cable
You need longer cables for subwoofer because you need to move it around in the room to get the best bass impact at your seating position.
I bought a lengthy RCA cable for my sub from another FM here who was selling used cables.
And please don't worry about asking questions - we all have asked and continue to ask and the forum has been very supportive. We appreciate your openness in soliciting feedback and actually trying them - I hope we will soon look pictures of another great HT.

Last edited:
If you are ordering from monoprice, you can get all the cables from their site. will come out cheaper.

I got this hdmi cable through ishopinternational from Amazon.com
Amazon.com : Aurum Ultra Series High Speed HDMI Cable (35 Ft) - Supports 3D, Ethernet and Audio Return [Newest Version] - 35 Feet : Extra Long Hdmi Cable : Electronics
I find that it is an excellent cable.
For subwoofer cable, i'd have got this
Amazon.com : Mediabridge ULTRA Series Subwoofer Cable (15 Feet) - Dual Shielded with Gold Plated RCA to RCA Connectors - Black : Electronics
You need longer cables for subwoofer because you need to move it around in the room to get the best bass impact at your seating position.
I bought a lengthy RCA cable for my sub from another FM here who was selling used cables.
And please don't worry about asking questions - we all have asked and continue to ask and the forum has been very supportive. We appreciate your openness in soliciting feedback and actually trying them - I hope we will soon look pictures of another great HT.

If you are ordering from monoprice, you can get all the cables from their site. will come out cheaper.

Thanks for your support and being patient with me. I have ordered the following cables in the evening. I hope to get them delivered by the month end. And certainly will post pictures of my HT once that is ready.

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-4-Conductor-Speaker-In-Wall-Installation/dp/B003L138PO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395058611&sr=8-1&keywords=Monoprice+100ft+12AWG+CL2+Rated+4-Conductor+Loud+Speaker+Cable

Amazon.com : Monster M850 SW-12 M-Series 850 Subwoofer Cable (12 feet) : Electronics

Amazon.com : BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable - 50 Feet - CL3 Rated for In-wall Installation - Supports 3D and Audio Return [Latest HDMI version] : Electronics

Amazon.com : BlueRigger High Speed HDMI cable with Ethernet - Supports 3D and Audio Return [Latest Version] - 10 Feet : Electronics

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back