MumbaiProperties

Hi Everyone,
Here is my current setup :
1. Sony 46 HX850 3D LED
2. Sony BDP-S490 3D Blu Ray DVD Payer
3. Denon 1910 AV Receiver
4. Paradigm Cinema 90 Speaker Setup
5. PS 3
6. TataSky Plus ( would be replacing it soon with TataSky+ HD )
7. Logitech Harmony 1000 Universal Remote

Just got the Sony Bravia 3D LED 46 - HX850 alongwith the Sony 3D BluRay Player BDP-S490 for Diwali.
My earlier Sammy 46 LED Panel has gone bad and color is spread all over
Hence got the new Sony Bravia
Got down to connecting the DVD Player hookup with HDMI to my 1910 and could not get the picture and sound when i play a 3D BluRay DVD
However it works fine when I play normal BluRay DVD's and all other DVD's
Left me wondering if its the 1910 that cannot handle 3D ?
That would be sad as I did not figure this out while going in for a 3D setup
And do not want to now upgrade the AVR just due to 3D non compatibility
Any inputs on whether AVR 1910 can handle 3D and if not, whats the alternative setup / connection to be done?
Appreciate suggestions ASAP
Regards
Hey Ram

Denon 1910 does not support 3D as per the discussion at Denon AVR-1910 Official owners thread Continued | AVForums.com - UK Online.

Playing 3d movies alongside Denon 1910 av amp | AVForums.com - UK Online

Also you will need HDMI v1.4 (high speed) cable for 3D.

Thanks for the Info and the links
Sad news for me :sad:
Wish had crosschecked this before buying the new stuff
I did get a HDMI v1.4 Cable for 3D with the DVD Player
Seems I need to now connect the 490 to the Bravia using this v.14 and for audio, use the audio out on the 490 to the 1910
But will using this option compromise on the sound of the movies
Or can i use the Optical or digital out ( the 490 has Coaxial Digital Out and Optical Digital out )

Saw a Neet HDMI TRUE MATRIX - 4 Input 2 Output (4x2) Switch / Splitter - 1080p Full HD - Distribution Amplifier *** 3D ENABLED *** on the link send by you. Anyone got any info on this product ?

Thanks Spirovious for those links.
Very useful

Some BDp come with 2 HDMI out,but costly(like oppo).
Or get PC,add graphiccard(3D ready). Connect HDMI out to AVR & other (DVI) to 3 d display.

Use an HDMI Splitter. Split the signal and feed it to the TV and the Amp separately. Theoretically, it should work.

Optical or coaxial cannot passthru Lossless Audio formats like True HD and DTS-MA. It has to go thru HDMI.
HMDI Splitter or a Graphic Card over HTPC looks best option.

Correct option. For HD audio, HDMI connection is needed. When buying HDMI splitter, ensure that it is v1.4 (3D) compliant.

3D BDP --> HDMI Splitter --> one output to AVR HDMI-In, second output to TV HDMI-1-In
AVR HDMI-out --> HDMI-2-In of TV

I have doubt about the hdmi switch working in this case, because in the original post the op said even audio was not working when the hdmi cable was connected to the avr directly. So how could a switch help if the avr itself cannot handle the audio while playing 3D movies? His only option is to use optical output.

Got down to connecting the DVD Player hookup with HDMI to my 1910 and could not get the picture and sound when i play a 3D BluRay DVD

in my opnion also the optical route is good if your tv do have a optical out....
you wont miss much in audio if hear dts rather than dts hd ma....
you will miss something if your tv downgrade the audio into stereo...then you try the 2 to 6 pseodo modes like pro logic or neo 6....
a kam chalau solution..than investing into a new avr just for 3d..
but as you said not getting audio or video anything..so how a switcher will help..

I think connecting HDMI to Bravia and connect 1910 to thru optical out would be good idea
Not thinking of upgrading AVR for few 3D content
Which optical cable should I buy ?

I don't think there will be any substantial quality drop in audio by using optical output. DTS HDMA will be downmixed to DTS and Dolby TruHD to DD. So there won't be much quality loss. After all you need this connection for 3D blu-rays only. For other BDs use the AVR HDMI for audio.

I don't think there will be any substantial quality drop in audio by using optical output. DTS HDMA will be downmixed to DTS and Dolby TruHD to DD. So there won't be much quality loss. After all you need this connection for 3D blu-rays only. For other BDs use the AVR HDMI for audio.

Hi baijuxavior, you suggesting me to keep two connections ?
1. HDMI to Bravia + Digital Optical out to 1910 for 3D movies
2. HDMI to 1910 for non 3D movies

The Sony DVD player has only one HDMI out

What do i do ?

Hi baijuxavior, you suggesting me to keep two connections ?
1. HDMI to Bravia + Digital Optical out to 1910 for 3D movies
2. HDMI to 1910 for non 3D movies

The Sony DVD player has only one HDMI out

What do i do ?

Use an HDMI splitter.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Connect hdmi to TV only when you want to watch 3D. I think the output of hdmi splitter will also be 3D (for 3D input) and so it can't be used with the AVR. I don't know if hdmi splitter is available to split audio only from 3D signals.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back