Can't decide on a 55" TV for Next-Gen Gaming and HDR Movies....Please help!

4k 60 / 1440p120 is enough for me but there are total 3 things holding me back from pulling the trigger on Q70R:
a) No clarity on if PS5 will support VRR on Freesync/HDMI 2.0b VRR (because PS4 pro didnt and xbox one x did)
b) Online forums are full of people complaining about ghosting issues while gaming on Q70R
c) No dolby vision (not a huge deal though)
Firmware update 1361.0 fixed the Inverse ghosting issues on 2019 QLED units.

Firmware update 1361.0 fixed the Inverse ghosting issues on 2019 QLED units.
Apparently it only fixed ghosting when not using VRR and even then some people are still reporting issues. The main point of me buying the Q70R is that it has VRR support.

Also the picture quality in game mode is pretty bad on samsung FALD qleds, Vincent did a comparison of Q90/95T in game mode vs cinema mode and the difference in dark scenes is huge.

Remains to be seen how well X9000H will perform in these regards. So I will just wait a bit longer.

I've also decided to wait till early next year.

I thought Diwali sales were crazy with TV and other appliances. But don't see anything drastically different. Just reduce 2k from rhe regular price and then compute the discount from MRP to shout 50% off :p
Diwali sale will start in first week of November.If you wait for early next year you will not get same rates specially in the high-end segment.

After diwali the next time CX will be cheaper or similar to diwali rates is in next july-sep period.by that time C11 will be around the corner.

The best time to buy tv in india is after dussehara and just on or before diwali.at least for high end tvs like CX and Q950T etc.for budget tvs it does not matter.

Diwali sale will start in first week of November.If you wait for early next year you will not get same rates specially in the high-end segment.

After diwali the next time CX will be cheaper or similar to diwali rates is in next july-sep period.by that time C11 will be around the corner.

The best time to buy tv in india is after dussehara and just on or before diwali.at least for high end tvs like CX and Q950T etc.for budget tvs it does not matter.
Ok I will keep a look out on the deals and offers during dussehra to diwali period.

I don't think we'll see any great deals this year. If the Amazon and Flipkart sales are anything to go buy, the discount will be a few thousands at best and mostly as bank offers (thought the advertised discount will be attractive since it's calculated from MRP). None of the high end TVs have shown a drop in actual selling price as of now.

I'm expecting better rates next year as supply chain issues will get better and companies will try to push volumes to ramp up sales.

From where you for such sweet deal?
15% cashback upto 15000 on credit card no cost emi offer is ongoing offline for this tv. That offer plus bargaining at offline stores. I got it from a local electronics dealer in delhi. Even reliance digital and Croma have the same offer (however scope of bargaining won't be as high I guess)

Kodak 139cm (55 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV with Dolby Vision and Dolby Digital Plus

I wont call that it is best tv out there, but it could be the best for this price. You are getting a 55inch tv with dolby vision, 500nit brightness, google os, hdr for just 29k. Even if we check the pics shared by users in review, I find PQ to be good enough. Anyone looking for just a big TV can start ita journey from this. I would I bought it if I was not doing it work from home. My parents are not allowing a 55inch tv in there home. They found 32" "too big".

Kodak 139cm (55 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV with Dolby Vision and Dolby Digital Plus

I wont call that it is best tv out there, but it could be the best for this price. You are getting a 55inch tv with dolby vision, 500nit brightness, google os, hdr for just 29k. Even if we check the pics shared by users in review, I find PQ to be good enough. Anyone looking for just a big TV can start ita journey from this. I would I bought it if I was not doing it work from home. My parents are not allowing a 55inch tv in there home. They found 32" "too big".
Check Thomson oath pro in the range. It is same tv with some additional features and better software.
Both are advertised as 10 bit panels and are worth for that only. But we have no way of checking since no one has in the forum. They could be better than most TVs below 50k. Even 65" is around 40k.

New nokia is also good from comparison videos. It's a 8 bit DLED with onkyo sound.

Check Thomson oath pro in the range. It is same tv with some additional features and better software.
Both are advertised as 10 bit panels and are worth for that only. But we have no way of checking since no one has in the forum. They could be better than most TVs below 50k. Even 65" is around 40k.

New nokia is also good from comparison videos. It's a 8 bit DLED with onkyo sound.
@avtar2008
I bought 50inch variant of kodak for 24k with 3yrs warranty. Thompson &kodak are exactly same. Its just the different stickers on TV. Thompson charge 1-2k more than kodak. I have tweaked the settings now blacks look just fine for my eyes. Surprised by the blacks for an IPS display. I had to go with IPS panel as i needed wide viewing angles. Sound is also decent. All the niggling wifi issues are resolved with last android update.

What are these TVs https://www.amazon.in/Sanyo-inches-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=W0JQB88AHDCYGJVTZ1S7 ? Says it has over 1200 dimming zones which is bit strange, doesn't give brightness but having asked one person on YT seems to be around 350nits, not sure

@avtar2008
I bought 50inch variant of kodak for 24k with 3yrs warranty. Thompson &kodak are exactly same. Its just the different stickers on TV. Thompson charge 1-2k more than kodak. I have tweaked the settings now blacks look just fine for my eyes. Surprised by the blacks for an IPS display. I had to go with IPS panel as i needed wide viewing angles. Sound is also decent. All the niggling wifi issues are resolved with last android update.
How is the image quality, colors?

What are these TVs https://www.amazon.in/Sanyo-inches-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=W0JQB88AHDCYGJVTZ1S7 ? Says it has over 1200 dimming zones which is bit strange, doesn't give brightness but having asked one person on YT seems to be around 350nits, not sure

These are panasonic entry and mid range tvs marketed as sanyo.
Below 1L, there are only Toshiba u7980, u8080 and Hisense U7QF with >500nits brightness. Everything else is 350-400nits ballpark, lots even lower. Only U8080 is more than 1000nits.
Above 1L, mostly every tv is 700 nits or more for 55inch.

How is the image quality, colors?
Image quality & colors are excellent. I like natural colors rather than punchy. However its much color is more vibrant than normal IPS display. With tuned settings, skin tones are very good for hd channels.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back