Checklist to avoid buying Demo Piece - LCD /Plasma Tv

Got my problem sorted, the dealer is at wits end as to how the hours are so high. They have agreed to give me another set. I went to the showroom to check the TV, it was unpacked in front of me and switched on for first time. And voila, used time = 0.
I'm happy, alls well that ends well.

Will also buy the extended warranty just to be secure.

Regards

Last edited:
Checked the usage hours on my new Sony - it shows 0 hours usage :)
Thanks everyone for the information on how to check usage hours.

I had a similar experience while buying a new 40" LED Samsung smart TV for my new home

Got a very good deal from the dealer but I did not take the delivery immediately but booked it by paying 1000 bucks as advance :licklips:

On the day of billing and delivery asked the salesman to show the TV to check the panel usage hours. He said the stock is not available and they would procure it from their pallavaram branch and would get the TV delivered in the evening :indifferent14: Felt something fishy but wanted to wait till the TV gets delivered

The TV got delivered and the SAMSUNG installation engineer came shortly and installed the wall mount and mounted the TV :yahoo: But in the joy of getting the TV forgot to note why the TV powered on without the initial setup and it just slipped my mind to get into the service menu to check the panel hours :sad:

Moment the engineer left my place, accessed the service menu and was shocked to see the panel hours count as 36. On top of that Under the network setting saw a router named "Suresh Rao" before I could make the network settings :mad: :mad: :mad: This made me furious and called the engineer right away and explained the issue. The guy was very polite and courteous enough to call the dealer and conveyed the issue. I made a call to the dealer and blasted them and reported the issue. The salesman called me back and apologized and tried to sell a story stating that was a gift TV which was wrongly delivered and in 2 days of time he would get me a fresh piece.

Next day, I got a call from the dealer and said they managed to procure a fresh piece from trichy. I again blasted them for trying to cheat me. They apologized again with the same story. Got the new piece opened in front of me, there were no finger prints, it was double covered with plastic and bubble wrapped, saw the setup menu initializing and checked the panel hours and was really glad (peace of mind with no wifi router names this time :p :D) to see the panel hours to 0. Immediately noted down the serial number on the back and took a snap of it. Once the new TV was delivered and the old one was taken back, checked the serial number again and it matched the one in the snap. :)

Just thought if the dealer tries to con educated customers like us what would be case of customers with little to no awareness on the panel usage hours :sad:

Hello,

I got LG LB5610 LED TV, which will be delivered today. Could please anyone help me to check the usage hours.

Could be this...
Goto Settings > support > product-service info.

I saw this was used on some other model, might work with this also!

Hello thread owner and everybody..

Planning to buy Samsung 43H4100 43 Inches Plasma Television. Its a demo set and i donnt think there is any other set available.

Can any of you tell me how to check number of hours used on this set? Its a 2014 model.

along with this, can you also tell me how to check number of hours used for Haier 40 inch LED Full HD set?

Thanks

I got my lg led TV on 26 July. Today I saw the usage time and it says 89. Considering 4-5 hours of view on daily basis and 7-8 hours on weekends, is it fine? I forgot to see on the day of installation...

HI guys,
Already bought Sony KDL W950A and i need code to check the usage hours

Could someone help me on this.
Thanks.

@sebi - Check your thread.

@ All, thanks to all of you and to this thread and the usage hours check thread for sonly Bravia series, I was able to check this in the shop and only then brought it to my home ;-)

^ If not yet found... see below

With the TV in standby,
> Press the INFO > MENU > MUTE > POWER buttons quickly on the remote.
> The TV will turn On with the Service Menu.
> Press down arrow till SVC
> Press right arrow to open SVC menu.
> There you'll see the panel used hours
> Press power button to end it.
Do it very carefully !!!

Hope this helps...

^ If not yet found... see below

With the TV in standby,
> Press the INFO > MENU > MUTE > POWER buttons quickly on the remote.
> The TV will turn On with the Service Menu.
> Press down arrow till SVC
> Press right arrow to open SVC menu.
> There you'll see the panel used hours
> Press power button to end it.
Do it very carefully !!!

Hope this helps...
Thanks prgk13,

Got it :) says 716 hours I bought it in April 2014.
So it looks correct to me :)

Hi Guys, I am new here and I wish to ask if someone knows the steps to check the LCD age of LG 42LB5510 and LG 42LB5610 TV.

I am planning to buy this TV

Got my LG TV installed today, the used hours showed up as 77. Is this ok? The LG tech guy said this should be okay as LG does some testing to ensure the panels are fine.

Got my LG TV installed today, the used hours showed up as 77. Is this ok? The LG tech guy said this should be okay as LG does some testing to ensure the panels are fine.

How did u check the usage hour? As I am interested in this i can check the TV hours before accepting the same in the showroom

Hello,

I got LG LB5610 LED TV, which will be delivered today. Could please anyone help me to check the usage hours.

Are u happy with the set as i intend to buy it this diwali. Is the brighteness of the set alright for various programs in normal light at home as IPS panel of LG is said to be less bright than VA panels of Sony/Samsung.
Just share your viewing experience and whether u are satisfied with this model

rpanand, gollum,

you press settings and then the red button and scroll to select the service menu. It will give you the hours used and model/serial number

hi folks

my new panasonic as670 (50") led tv will be delivered in a few days. can anyone help me access the service menu on this set? I'm keen to ensure that the usage hours are nil; ie, I'm getting a fresh piece and not a demo set.

thanks in advance!

I am planning to buy a used Samsung UA55f6400,a 55 inch 3d,smart led.
I would like any inputs for whuch I should look before closing in the deal.
Especially the usage hours of the tv,how can I check the Number of hours for which this tv has been used.
I am getting it for 60k asking price,is it a gud price or should I go in for some negotiation?
Any additional tips befor buying a used led.It's a july 2013 purchase,any idea of figures I am going to be looking at for usage hours?
Earlier the seller was not sure of wheter he is having a bill or not,but now he's saying that he can arrange either for a duplicate bill from croma or will try to search for old one.Do croma really issue duplicate bill when asked for an already sold good 1.5years later?
Should I put in this much of worry,on getting a bill or can I buy it without bill as well?
The seller is saying he was having 1 year warranty and now I would be able to buy an additional warranty now,can it be true with a gap of 5 months with nil warranty period?
Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Hello All,

First of all a great thread for all...
I am planning to buy 50" Panasonic TH-50AS670D , LED 3d SMART TV. Being a 2014 model, unable to find out how to go to the service menu and check the usage time when I get the piece or check in store.
Can someone please please please share on how to get into the service menu and check the usage time for Panasonic TH Series (50AS670d).

Thanks

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back