Checklist to avoid buying Demo Piece - LCD /Plasma Tv

I always prefered a display peice for me as well as for family/friends. if the display is for within a month nothing wrong! also you can see and visualise the quality of contrast,brightness and color. Not necessary the sealed peice which arrives at your home is having the same quality of the display peice!! Display peice is sesoned due to heavy usage for short period. Heating of electronic components to maximum period is over. if anything has to blow up means it will blow up within the display period. So when you bring home you need not to wory about repairs.

Hi Folks,

This is my first post in this forum.

I have bought an LG 43LH600T yesterday from LG Best Shop in Thoraipakkam, OMR, Chennai. They delivered the TV where the box has been sealed with a normal tape. I asked the guy who delivered the TV as to why it has been sealed with a normal tape and he said, the showroom guys usually open it to check whether it has all the contents in the box.

I wasn't convinced with his reply. I'm waiting for the service engineers to come down for the installation. It would be great if someone could help me to identify if it might be a demo unit.

The sales guy was trying to sell me a demo unit (4K TV) for a lesser price and I had asked him to show me how many hours the TV had been used. Initially he had told me that he can show me, but he called another guy who categorically told me that we will not be able to view the number of hours the TV has been used in all the current models, esp. the 4K models.

Please let me know if there is an option to check once the TV is unpacked and installed. If not, can I ask the service engineer to show me the number of used hours? Your inputs/advise would be much appreciated!

Regards,
Paul Immanuel

It's there in settings general about TV will tell you usage hours

But it can be easily resetted by service menu
hi dinjo,

Yes, in fact, they had delivered me a unit which had been used in an exhibition. I had called them to replace the unit and they agreed.

In spite of getting another unit, I'm still not satisfied if it is a new one. I'm unable to get answers as to how we could check the usage hours.

Paul immanuel..
What you have received is a display unit,send it back by telling them firmly.
Tell them not to make a fool out of you by telling that they opened the box to check if contents were inside.
If you go back to the showroom,you will see the tv you were auditioned missing.
In an unopened box there should be a metal clip over lg branded tape.

I got the 55X9500G TV from Sony Center in Bannerghatta road, Bangalore (Haavit Retail). It was delivered and installed yesterday.
After installation by evening I noticed that the TV's back had scratches on the back and the mountings crews are removed from the back leaving 4 holes. Service menu is showing 250 hours of on time.
After I noted these details I called the sales guy as I had asked for new piece and but unfortunately things went downhill from him accusing why I did not tell at time of installation and how we can believe I am not lying. This entire experience has left a sour taste in my mouth. When I log complaint with Sony customer care they just give round about. I regret not getting from Amazon or Croma, 3-4K money is not worth this.

You can take it forward and mention that you would need a replacement or you will need to notify fellow members across social media & forums about how the showroom is cheating. I faced a similar problem with a LG OLED TV i purchased, the first unit had a burnt in image of some logo and a usage of about 4000 odd hours. On questioning they mentioned that its a brand new piece from their godown but they agreed to replace it with a new unit which i received within a day.

How is it possible to have 250 hours of viewing within a day , to top that they are suggesting that you are cheating which is totally absurd. Dont let them go scott free that easily.

I got the 55X9500G TV from Sony Center in Bannerghatta road, Bangalore (Haavit Retail). It was delivered and installed yesterday.
After installation by evening I noticed that the TV's back had scratches on the back and the mountings crews are removed from the back leaving 4 holes. Service menu is showing 250 hours of on time.
After I noted these details I called the sales guy as I had asked for new piece and but unfortunately things went downhill from him accusing why I did not tell at time of installation and how we can believe I am not lying. This entire experience has left a sour taste in my mouth. When I log complaint with Sony customer care they just give round about. I regret not getting from Amazon or Croma, 3-4K money is not worth this.
You can file a police complaint under section 420.It sound funny in movies and daily terms.ut in reality 420 is punishable by law for 7 years and its non bailable offense.You can also fie a complaint in consumer court.

you can also contact sony via social channels and share the complaint and ask sony to blacklist this dealer.

hire a lawyer first and send a legal notice mentioning all these things. I am sure the dealer will fall in line.

Thanks guys for advice and support! Looks like for the time being I don't have to go full nuclear.

After I I got tired of being made to run pillar to post by dealer, installation department and customer care I escalated within Sony India and things started moving at ground level. I was promised a new unit that will arrive from Sony to replace the demo unit. I would have liked to enjoy the new TV instead of having to deal with this for hours at end, but at the end of the day happy to see there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks guys for advice and support! Looks like for the time being I don't have to go full nuclear.

After I I got tired of being made to run pillar to post by dealer, installation department and customer care I escalated within Sony India and things started moving at ground level. I was promised a new unit that will arrive from Sony to replace the demo unit. I would have liked to enjoy the new TV instead of having to deal with this for hours at end, but at the end of the day happy to see there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
Great. All the best.
Where do I know your username from?

Hello guys regarding my issue of new tv being run for 410hrs out of the box here (https://www.hifivision.com/threads/oled-tvs-price-best-quote-thread.72267/post-903536 ) . One thing I've forgot to mention you'll guys yesterday, that after switching ON the TV for the first time, It came across the various quick setups screens which is normal for all new TVs. But since mine is already a used one, shouldn't it just skip the quick setups and jump directly to the home screen after starting it up? how is it possible for the 410 hrs running TV to show quick setups without resetting it? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks.

Hello guys regarding my issue of new tv being run for 410hrs out of the box here (https://www.hifivision.com/threads/oled-tvs-price-best-quote-thread.72267/post-903536 ) . One thing I've forgot to mention you'll guys yesterday, that after switching ON the TV for the first time, It came across the various quick setups screens which is normal for all new TVs. But since mine is already a used one, shouldn't it just skip the quick setups and jump directly to the home screen after starting it up? how is it possible for the 410 hrs running TV to show quick setups without resetting it? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks.
I think you can always reset the TV to its factory state just like we reset our phones.

Thanks.

You can just reset the TV and power it off without configuring the settings. It will show the setup menu during the next power on cycle.

Nope it will not , TV can be reset using the default remote. Resetting the TV Power on time will need a service remote , but again as per FMs that too can be obtained easily and hours count reset.

Thanks. also one more thing I would like to ask. since yesterday my tv is installed, I'm noticing one weird stuff.. while viewing the contents (the red light at the bottom of tv remains off) now , I first turn off the display from red button on remote. this makes the display black and the red light switches ON at the bottom of tv (which till now I guess is normal ). Now when I switch OFF /Take out plug through power socket, that red light under the TV still remains ON for 6 seconds after it goes off completely and when I replug it or switch it back ON through the socket, the red light gets ON instantly... And sometimes it gets stuck ON for minutes even after turning off from socket... Is it normal or should I worry about it?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks. also one more thing I would like to ask. since yesterday my tv is installed, I'm noticing one weird stuff.. while viewing the contents (the red light at the bottom of tv remains off) now , I first turn off the display from red button on remote. this makes the display black and the red light switches ON at the bottom of tv (which till now I guess is normal ). Now when I switch OFF /Take out plug through power socket, that red light under the TV still remains ON for 6 seconds after it goes off completely and when I replug it or switch it back ON through the socket, the red light gets ON instantly... And sometimes it gets stuck ON for minutes even after turning off from socket... Is it normal or should I worry about it?
Thanks.
I think this is common for some electronics. Probably a capacitor discharging through the light.

Also, have you asked them for a replacement? Or are they trying their best to convince you to continue using this?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back