Checklist to avoid buying Demo Piece - LCD /Plasma Tv

Actually I don't know why people say that oled are best for dark rooms. Its brightness is is too much for my eyes in dark room even for normal contents (HDR is way more brighter).

How else will you sell the most costly and inferior samsung qleds? A bit of rumour like this goes a long way.

I have not seen a single owner replacing the oled with qled for lack of brightness.

Oled is endgame for most people. I got mine for double the amount you paid 3-4 years ago.. Hopefully they become more affordable so that most people can enjoy the splendor.

Don't reduce OLED light for HDR mode. Reduce it freely for SDR, but not HDR, as that'll impact tone mapping. If you find HDR too bright, go and reduce peak brightness in Expert Controls.

I'll suggest giving yourself time to adjust to HDR. Also, turn of Dynamic Tone Mapping, as that can brighten some scenes too much.
ohh.. Thanks for the suggestion brother.. I'll keep this in mind. Actually I still haven't browsed through those advanced picture settings as those move off the top of my head. Looks like I have to research on rtings first before tuning these stuffs. ^_^

Yeah Oled are bright enough to use in any room. Even though they don’t have peak brightness of 1000 nits the HDR is amazing and bright enough. Lot of misguided pple complain about Oled brightness. You won’t find any Oled owner complaining.
Right. God knows how those people are able to watch those 2000 nits of Samsung TVs. I've to wear sunglasses lol .

ohh.. Thanks for the suggestion brother.. I'll keep this in mind. Actually I still haven't browsed through those advanced picture settings as those move off the top of my head. Looks like I have to research on rtings first before tuning these stuffs. ^_^

Not sure if you'll find the advice I gave on Rtings, but it's the right way to reduce HDR brightness. This way you'll actually cut white boost pixel and get more color volume at cost of peak brightness.

Anyway, don't reduce either OLED light or reduce peak brightness first. Which HDR mode are you using? Use either Technicolor mode, turn on AI brightness, set white balance to Warm 2 and turn off Dynamic Tone Mapping. That'll solve your too bright HDR problem

Not sure if you'll find the advice I gave on Rtings, but it's the right way to reduce HDR brightness. This way you'll actually cut white boost pixel and get more color volume at cost of peak brightness.

Anyway, don't reduce either OLED light or reduce peak brightness first. Which HDR mode are you using? Use either Technicolor mode, turn on AI brightness, set white balance to Warm 2 and turn off Dynamic Tone Mapping. That'll solve your too bright HDR problem
I'm using the standard mode and by default it was very bright. So I only reduced oled light to 55, brightness to 50. Didn't touch any other settings... Playing HDR contents , screen automatically brightens up (too much for me) and after the content is over it goes down. I'll surely try to test your settings. Tqsm.

I'm using the standard mode and by default it was very bright. So I only reduced oled light to 55, brightness to 50. Didn't touch any other settings... Playing HDR contents , screen automatically brightens up (too much for me) and after the content is over it goes down. I'll surely try to test your settings. Tqsm.

Yeah..don't use Standard. It's highly inaccurate and the cool color temperature boosts brightness.

So use Technicolor with settings I said, or Cinema with DTM turned off. Not Cinema home though. That'll be too bright again.

Oleds run SDR at around 350 nits and HDR around 700 nits. That's quite a jump and clearly visible.
Leds with 700 nits brightness apparently does both in the same brightness. Iam not sure how a 700 bits SDR will look like.

What things one must keep in mind when buying a TV online? I have seen most posts here mention things to do when buying from store.

What things one must keep in mind when buying a TV online? I have seen most posts here mention things to do when buying from store.
I guess buy from a reputed seller and make a video of the delivery and unboxing at the same time.

Make sure you're buying products assured by thraim brand, like Amazon fulfilled/Prime or the equivalent for other stores.

Check the return policy. Some stores, including Flipkart, no longer take returns even if the product is defective. So if you're buying anything, you're committing to being serviced by the manufacturer.

Defective product with horrible panel? Contact manufacturer. Deal-breaker for me tbh.

Make sure you're buying products assured by thraim brand, like Amazon fulfilled/Prime or the equivalent for other stores.

Check the return policy. Some stores, including Flipkart, no longer take returns even if the product is defective. So if you're buying anything, you're committing to being serviced by the manufacturer.

Defective product with horrible panel? Contact manufacturer. Deal-breaker for me tbh.
Just a heads up amazon fulfilled means nothing for support. I had a terrible experience where an amazon fulfilled smartwatch turned out be imported when I went to service it and amazon didn't help much.
So what you really want is those amazon affiliated sellers like cloudtail or other sellers with a rating of 4.5+ and high number of orders fulfilled.

Just a heads up amazon fulfilled means nothing for support. I had a terrible experience where an amazon fulfilled smartwatch turned out be imported when I went to service it and amazon didn't help much.
So what you really want is those amazon affiliated sellers like cloudtail or other sellers with a rating of 4.5+ and high number of orders fulfilled.

I have had the opposite experiences. Amazon support has been fantastic for me over the years. Anyway, this serves as a good reminder to not rely on experiences, as some might have had positive, some negative, but actually go and read the terms and conditions so you know what you're getting.

I have had the opposite experiences. Amazon support has been fantastic for me over the years. Anyway, this serves as a good reminder to not rely on experiences, as some might have had positive, some negative, but actually go and read the terms and conditions so you know what you're getting.
Immediate support is good. I had problems after 6 months of purchase and warranty got refused. That's where I had problems. Just something to keep in mind.

I am getting a great deal on samsung Q80 r 75 inch but its display piece (i guess kept for about 6 months). Should i buy it? if no what are the buyable usage hours for buying one ? pls reply..

Hi All,

Can someone let me know how to check the usage for a LG um7300. I purchased one for my parents from Flipkart and it will reach in a few days.

Thanks

I am getting a great deal on samsung Q80 r 75 inch but its display piece (i guess kept for about 6 months). Should i buy it? if no what are the buyable usage hours for buying one ? pls reply..
It doesn't matter that much with lcd tvs. Just bet an awesome deal with extra warranty included and you are good.

Hi All,

Can someone let me know how to check the usage for a LG um7300. I purchased one for my parents from Flipkart and it will reach in a few days.

Thanks
UTT should be 0 (hours) when you first switch it on - in the attached pic UTT is 887 - I.e that tv has been used for 887 hours . Ask the lg engineer who sets it up to use his Lg service remote and show it to you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-18-22-16-04-99_7a4090f09f6554852d748ee9fd6f40d3.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-18-22-16-04-99_7a4090f09f6554852d748ee9fd6f40d3.jpg
    655.5 KB · Views: 24
As any smart dealer can reset usage hours on a display piece, is their any definitive method to check whether a LG OLED is a display piece or not?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back