Checklist to avoid buying Demo Piece - LCD /Plasma Tv

I think this is common for some electronics. Probably a capacitor discharging through the light.

Also, have you asked them for a replacement? Or are they trying their best to convince you to continue using this?
since yesterday, I haven't talked to them yet. Will go today to the store to talk. Let's see what happens. Currently I'm testing this current unit for any other issues.

Thanks. also one more thing I would like to ask. since yesterday my tv is installed, I'm noticing one weird stuff.. while viewing the contents (the red light at the bottom of tv remains off) now , I first turn off the display from red button on remote. this makes the display black and the red light switches ON at the bottom of tv (which till now I guess is normal ). Now when I switch OFF /Take out plug through power socket, that red light under the TV still remains ON for 6 seconds after it goes off completely and when I replug it or switch it back ON through the socket, the red light gets ON instantly... And sometimes it gets stuck ON for minutes even after turning off from socket... Is it normal or should I worry about it?
Thanks.

Know that you shouldn't power off your OLED from the power socket as it runs a short compensation cycle after every four hours of cumulative usage. Give it ten minutes of standby time before you cut power each time.

since yesterday, I haven't talked to them yet. Will go today to the store to talk. Let's see what happens. Currently I'm testing this current unit for any other issues.

Check 5% uniformity after making your room dark. 421 hours of usage won't impact your viewing experience. Bad dark grey uniformity might in some cases.

Check 5% uniformity after making your room dark. 421 hours of usage won't impact your viewing experience. Bad dark grey uniformity might in some cases.
I did it today. Looks fine to me I guess. But I'm not a pro in all these stuffs. I have took few pictures. What do you say? I'm really not mentally ready to go all those hassles of arguments for replacement as I've also never been through this before. But again, atleast one last time I'll go to store maybe today or in few days and will atleast ask for some money back. I'm not willing to get another replacement from them as I'm sure it would also be a display unit or else they would have already given me a fresh unit . I'm sure they don't have one that's why they have me this demo unit.

Attachments

• IMG_20201005_145151_421.jpg
    IMG_20201005_145151_421.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20201005_145153_664.jpg
    IMG_20201005_145153_664.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20201005_145158_336.jpg
    IMG_20201005_145158_336.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20201005_145204_122.jpg
    IMG_20201005_145204_122.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20201005_145156_302.jpg
    IMG_20201005_145156_302.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20201005_145201_275.jpg
    IMG_20201005_145201_275.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I did it today. Looks fine to me I guess. But I'm not a pro in all these stuffs. I have took few pictures. What do you say? I'm really not mentally ready to go all those hassles of arguments for replacement as I've also never been through this before. But again, atleast one last time I'll go to store maybe today or in few days and will atleast ask for some money back. I'm not willing to get another replacement from them as I'm sure it would also be a display unit or else they would have already given me a fresh unit . I'm sure they don't have one that's why they have me this demo unit.

That looks really nice and clean for an OLED. I have had a panel replacement from LG on my C9, and that still isn't this good. I'll recommend that you threaten that they take the TV back, or you'll take them to consumer court and get LG to remove them as distributers, and then give the second option, that they compensate give you some money back for sending display piece.

Realistically, you can ask for 10-15k back.

That looks really nice and clean for an OLED. I have had a panel replacement from LG on my C9, and that still isn't this good. I'll recommend that you threaten that they take the TV back, or you'll take them to consumer court and get LG to remove them as distributers, and then give the second option, that they compensate give you some money back for sending display piece.

@DarkLord
If you're okay with 10-15K, start negotiating with them from 50K.
And don't let them get away with this.

Yes. You're right. It was also looking fine to me. Yes. I was too thinking the same to get some moneyback rather than going through all those mental harassment of replacement. And who knows if the replacement unit would be having some other issues?

@DarkLord
If you're okay with 10-15K, start negotiating with them from 50K.
And don't let them get away with this.
Yes I'm okay with anything more than atleast 10k. And yes I am not letting them get away with this. Worst-case scenario , I will defame then on Social media and will complain to the higher LG officials.

So after my last visit to the store on Sunday, I am not getting much time to visit to the store again. But yesterday I called the store manager on phone and asked him what he has thought about this matter. He told me that he will first talk to his senior and will call me back within few hours but he didn't lol (as expected). I'll make a store visit again , most probably , tomorrow (Thursday). Let's see.

So after my last visit to the store on Sunday, I am not getting much time to visit to the store again. But yesterday I called the store manager on phone and asked him what he has thought about this matter. He told me that he will first talk to his senior and will call me back within few hours but he didn't lol (as expected). I'll make a store visit again , most probably , tomorrow (Thursday). Let's see.
Why give them so much leeway? It should've been replaced immediately. I think it's time to raise the issue with LG CC.

If you think this is going out of your hand then you should let them know that you will put your ordeal on online forums stating your horrible experience from them so that no one ever gets cheated by them again nor would trust their fake promises. This will help in 2 ways. Businesses might not respond to Consumer Courts but they will definitely respond to bad marketing and bad word of mouth that will tarnish their reputation and create trust issues among their buyers. Now a days most of the prospective buyers are informed buyers and they start to Google before purchase and this review should help them.
If business is really important to them then they should fix your problem honorably and earn your trust.

Guys even i bought a b9 65 inch from an lg store , packaging and the peel off plastic was perfect no signs of usage .. , but no option in settings menu to show number of hours it is used till now .. i bought it on starurday ie 3 october , manufactured date was 20 JUL 2020

You are taking it too easy! You have already given them a lot of long rope. They will construe this as a weak customer and try to push you around. Take the matter expediently and strongly.

If you think this is going out of your hand then you should let them know that you will put your ordeal on online forums stating your horrible experience from them so that no one ever gets cheated by them again nor would trust their fake promises. This will help in 2 ways. Businesses might not respond to Consumer Courts but they will definitely respond to bad marketing and bad word of mouth that will tarnish their reputation and create trust issues among their buyers. Now a days most of the prospective buyers are informed buyers and they start to Google before purchase and this review should help them.
If business is really important to them then they should fix your problem honorably and earn your trust.
You are taking it too easy! You have already given them a lot of long rope. They will construe this as a weak customer and try to push you around. Take the matter expediently and strongly.
Yes if they don't give me some money-back , I'll atleast do that for sure

Guys even i bought a b9 65 inch from an lg store , packaging and the peel off plastic was perfect no signs of usage .. , but no option in settings menu to show number of hours it is used till now .. i bought it on starurday ie 3 october , manufactured date was 20 JUL 2020
Check under All Settings -> General -> About this TV -> TV Information -> Total Power on Time

Talk to senior/manager seems to be the parlor trick. I was told manager is in hospital and unreachable so wait for a day, but I knew the lies from a mile away by then. As soon as I lodged the complaint with Sony, lo and behold the hospital admitted senior is calling me and apologizing. You shouldn't wait for any calls now, it is clear the dealer is waiting for you to give up. Do raise a complaint with LG, get executives email ids and cc and if no response in day post in social media. If nothing happens then at least you know you tried.

Going to the store today to check the Sealed C9 they have. Only thing bugging me is box is not in the best shape and its Jan 2020 Manufactured. Anything to look out for to know if it was ever opened ( despite the usual dust, fingerprints, scratches and total power on time ) ?

Also, I remmember their was a playlist on youtube to check all aspects on the TV, can someone link me to it?

Thanks!

Going to the store today to check the Sealed C9 they have. Only thing bugging me is box is not in the best shape and its Jan 2020 Manufactured. Anything to look out for to know if it was ever opened ( despite the usual dust, fingerprints, scratches and total power on time ) ?

Also, I remmember their was a playlist on youtube to check all aspects on the TV, can someone link me to it?

Thanks!
If Box is in bad shape then it's a big no no. The TV inside might not be in great shape. There are many instances that the screen is broken or the package has been handled roughly. If the TV has been stored in poor storage conditions then it will damage the TV. In would say Avoid.

If Box is in bad shape then it's a big no no. The TV inside might not be in great shape. There are many instances that the screen is broken or the package has been handled roughly. If the TV has been stored in poor storage conditions then it will damage the TV. In would say Avoid.
Yea, went to check and found dust and finger prints inside. The sales person gave number of excuses, but I could tell it was opened before. Didn't even need to turn on the TV. Good thing I got him to open and check before I payed him, otherwise would have been a painful loop.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back