Checklist to avoid buying Demo Piece - LCD /Plasma Tv

Yea, went to check and found dust and finger prints inside. The sales person gave number of excuses, but I could tell it was opened before. Didn't even need to turn on the TV. Good thing I got him to open and check before I payed him, otherwise would have been a painful loop.
Again, like I've mentioned before, if they're ready to open the box for you without paying, then there's a 100% chance that it has been opened before. No dealer would be ready to open a new box for a customer who hasn't paid for it yet. It's a loss for them, because now they can't sell it as a fresh piece but as an open box one. And if the next customer finds out and raises concern, they'll be in big trouble.

Again, like I've mentioned before, if they're ready to open the box for you without paying, then there's a 100% chance that it has been opened before. No dealer would be ready to open a new box for a customer who hasn't paid for it yet. It's a loss for them, because now they can't sell it as a fresh piece but as an open box one. And if the next customer finds out and raises concern, they'll be in big trouble.
Agreed. I think its safe to assume all C9/B9 at this point to be open boxes and only go for newer models.

Agreed. I think its safe to assume all C9/B9 at this point to be open boxes and only go for newer models.
Croma does not sell open box items or sells them at a discount. Try there.

And do post the dealer name so that people can avoid this piece.

Edit: I meant check sealed piece there. Not open box with discount. Since they sell open box at discount, it will be beaten up like 1 year compared to other dealers who pass on display piece ranging from a month to 3 months.

So yesterday I mailed to the dealer company (Aditya Vision) about my issue. Received a call today of the store manager. The manager called us to the store. Got to know that the previous manager (rude one, who wasn't accepting that this was a display piece) was just temporary and the current one was the main one which was on leave due to his operation. So coming to the point, the manager was very calm and cooperative. He accepted his mistake and told that this wouldn't have happened if he was there at that time. He gave us four options:-

1). To get an instant replacement with the current stock available in the warehouse which was of the same manufactured date that is 6 February 2020. I rejected this option as mine was also of the same mnfd date and who knows if that warehouse piece would also be a display one or would be having some other issues? ( although the manager assured that is isn't ).

2). To get a 1yr warranty from the dealer (price- 10k). I also rejected this option because I know that there will be some trouble later claiming it.

3). To return the TV and get a refund but without gst (~40k), so we would get ~140k instead of 178k because according to him, their bill is made online and they have to pay GST from their Store and it was impossible for him to get me a full refund.
So obviously we also discarded this option.

4). To get some discount. So this was our only option remaining . The manager offered 5k. But We finally settled at 15k ( within 10 minutes of bargaining, thanks to the manager's gentleness ) . The manager told me to mail back to the dealer again stating that my issue has been resolved ( taking the manager's name lol) as he has to show this to the MD and not to make it public lol.

So yes finally the TV costed me effectively 163k. Gone are those days of frustrations and tensions. Hope I made the correct decision. Now I can peacefully enjoy my oled .
Thanks.

Last edited:
So yesterday I mailed to the dealer company (Aditya Vision) about my issue. Received a call today of the store manager. The manager called us to the store. Got to know that the previous manager (rude one, who wasn't accepting that this was a display piece) was just temporary and the current one was the main one which was on leave due to his operation. So coming to the point, the manager was very calm and cooperative. He accepted his mistake and told that this wouldn't have happened if he was there at that time. He gave us four options:-

1). To get an instant replacement with the current stock available in the warehouse which was of the same manufactured date that is 6 February 2020. I rejected this option as mine was also of the same mnfd date and who knows if that warehouse piece would also be a display one or would be having some other issues? ( although the manager assured that is isn't ).

2). To get a 1yr warranty from the dealer (price- 10k). I also rejected this option because I know that there will be some trouble later claiming it.

3). To return the TV and get a refund but without gst (~40k), so we would get ~140k instead of 178k because according to him, their bill is made online and they have to pay GST from their Store and it was impossible for him to get me a full refund.
So obviously we also discarded this option.

4). To get some discount. So this was our only option remaining . The manager offered 5k. But We finally settled at 15k ( within 10 minutes of bargaining, thanks to the manager's gentleness ) . The manager told me to mail back to the dealer again stating that my issue has been resolved ( taking the manager's name lol) as he has to show this to the MD and not to make it public lol.

So yes finally the TV costed me effectively 163k. Gone are those days of frustrations and tensions. Hope I made the correct decision. Now I can peacefully enjoy my oled .
Thanks.

Awesome! You have. 400 hours or so is just 3% or so of the expected lifetime of the panel, if not lesser. Plus your panel itself is clean. So that's a big win too. Sit back and enjoy now. :D

Has anyone ever dealt with reliance digital for OLED purchase. Do they also give out display pieces in the name of sealed piece? They are not offering inspection of box before purchase saying from godown it will directly be delivered to my house. Please share your experiences.

Has anyone ever dealt with reliance digital for OLED purchase. Do they also give out display pieces in the name of sealed piece? They are not offering inspection of box before purchase saying from godown it will directly be delivered to my house. Please share your experiences.
No. I went to RD few days back before making my purchase from another store. I saw there that they put "last piece" tag on the display pieces of many TVs at discounted prices. So I think they'll only ship those display pieces when you make purchase online , but not in person.

My point is when I am paying the money any company/TV dealer is asking, I have the right to inspect beforehand. IT IS OUR RIGHT. OUR HARD EARNED MONEY.

Once the money has changed hands, almost all dealers are like chameleons. They change colour. I am also including many online portals. Once money is paid it is THEIR rules and THEIR regulations. Jurisdiction is at the court of their convenience. Till the sale we are king and they servant, once money changes hands, we are the slaves and they king.

Don't pay money without inspection. Say you are willing to go to their godown if need be.

They told the same thing to me. I promised them to purchase the TV but with one condition. You get the TV to the store and I will pay the money the very next moment as soon as I see the packing and take the TV home. They hesitated a lot and it wasn't easy for me, after 15 days when I gave up, they offered to get the TV to the store. But I refused to buy. Btw, I bought a Bose system from RD by following this procedure itself, I was ready to let go off the deal irrespective of the money saved. It came from their godown to the store and paid money after inspecting the packing. It has become a headache to buy expensive stuff in India nowadays. Over smart people always on the lookout to cheat. I think to myself, why can't these morons just refrain from opening a brand new TV packing, I have seen un-used non-demo pieces as well with broken seals, they cut open the seals for no reason. It is we, an informed and prospective buyers who must teach them a lesson by not entertaining such activities, looks like post Covid lockdown wraith hasn't teached them any lessons when there were no sales for months on end. If we keep buying such TVs they keep doing such activities as well.

Reliance digital hyderabad has strict options regarding display piece being sold at a discount with prior confirmation.

But their discount is not as high as croma and TVs are more beaten up. But good side is, you get sealed piece if you buy normally. More so if you are anyway particular.

We get demo pieces because we want to check the TV out before buying. I can agree with that but there are people who abuse showroom products because "Yeh mera thodi hai attitude" (it does not belong to me). Here showroom staff, prospective customers and other related people are guilty.

We cannot expect the dealer/online portal not to sell such TV/car etc because they are demo pieces.

Cars are another product with such problems.

We get what we are.

The smart ones never break the seal but it is still a demo piece sometimes. :) How?

Well, they open the bottom of the carton very neatly and remove it from there. Cars they disconnect the odometer when it is a demo car. :) then clean the car with extra care and sell it.

My point is when I am paying the money any company/TV dealer is asking, I have the right to inspect beforehand. IT IS OUR RIGHT. OUR HARD EARNED MONEY.

Once the money has changed hands, almost all dealers are like chameleons. They change colour. I am also including many online portals. Once money is paid it is THEIR rules and THEIR regulations. Jurisdiction is at the court of their convenience. Till the sale we are king and they servant, once money changes hands, we are the slaves and they king.

Don't pay money without inspection. Say you are willing to go to their godown if need be.
yes you're absolutely correct. when I went back to the store to get some discount on display piece, those guys ( the sales guy and that temporary manager ) were present at the store ( actually they were standing at the entrance of the shop) but those morons ignored us and reacted as if not we, but they oblige us. mofos reacted as if we're their enemies. Even during our talkings with the main manager , he called them to talk with us but they didn't budge to come. And I remember at the time of making the purchase of tv, they were like, "Sir , Sir aapko Yahan best product at best price Milegi Ham aapko lautne ka mauka Nahin Denge" and falana dhimkana my ass and now they didn't even wander Six Feet around us, fking chameleons.

Enjoy. 4k HDR movies will be a treat with Oled especially in a dark room. Even SD 4k and 1080p contents look stunning.
yes exactly.. even good 1080p source contents looks exactly like 4k. very good upscaling. Actually I don't know why people say that oled are best for dark rooms. Its brightness is is too much for my eyes in dark room even for normal contents (HDR is way more brighter). Due to this much brightness , I have to lower the oled light to 55 brightness to 50 and contrast 100 and it's still more than enough for me lol. I prefer watching it with sufficient lights. First time using oled after coming from 2011 Sony LCD and man its really day and night difference.:) ... and the sound is also very good for a TV , now I am confused whether to buy a soundbar or not LOL. :D

Last edited:
yes exactly.. even good 1080p source contents looks exactly like 4k. very good upscaling. Actually I don't know why people say that oled are best for dark rooms. Its brightness is is too much for my eyes in dark room even for normal contents (HDR is way more brighter). Due to this much brightness , I have to lower the oled light to 55 brightness to 50 and contrast 100 and it's still more than enough for me lol. I prefer watching it with sufficient lights. First time using oled after coming from 2011 Sony LCD and man its really day and night difference.:) ... and the sound is also very good for a TV , now I am confused whether to buy a soundbar or not LOL. :D

Don't reduce OLED light for HDR mode. Reduce it freely for SDR, but not HDR, as that'll impact tone mapping. If you find HDR too bright, go and reduce peak brightness in Expert Controls.

I'll suggest giving yourself time to adjust to HDR. Also, turn of Dynamic Tone Mapping, as that can brighten some scenes too much.

Yeah Oled are bright enough to use in any room. Even though they don’t have peak brightness of 1000 nits the HDR is amazing and bright enough. Lot of misguided pple complain about Oled brightness. You won’t find any Oled owner complaining.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back