Checklist to avoid buying Demo Piece - LCD /Plasma Tv

Usage time check for Panasonic

The Official "How to Check the Hours Used on Your Plasma" Thread:

2011 Models : _X3 / S30 / ST30 / GT30 / VT30
2010 Models : _X24 / C2 / U2 / S2 / G20 / G25 / GT20 / GT25 / VT20 / VT25

* Press and hold the {VOL -} button ON THE PLASMA TV.
* Then press the {INFO} button on the remote control 3 times.

* "Start Adjustment Menu" message will be displayed followed
by the Service Menu after few seconds.

o ADJUST {Picture Adjustment}
o WB-ADJUST {White Balance Adjustment}
o OPTION {Option Setting}
o V-SUS {V-SUS Adjustment}
o AGING
o SRV-TOOL {Service Tool}
{1} & {2} buttons move through options

* Press the {2} button once to select "SRV-TOOL".

* Then press the {OK} button to access it.

* Using the cursor keys, highlight the right side
of the last item "PTCT :00.00.00.00.00" :

* Then press and hold the {MUTE} button for 3 seconds.

* Time and Count will be displayed in red color:

__TIME = Hours : Minutes of operation.
COUNT = Times the Plasma was powered on.

* To exit, unplug the power cable.

WARNING BY BRUZZI: The {VOL+} and {VOL-} buttons are used
to change values while in the Service Menu. Make sure not to touch
those buttons when navigating menus / sub-menus.

i tried this with my 42x30d.
What i got is only highlight of the machins like 600 hz,iptv,etc.I am not abale to find the start adjustment menu after so many tries.
please let me know where i am wrong.

Hi Folks

after a lot of research i bought LG 42LW5700 couple of days back, I am new to this forum, but read of the most threads before making a decision whether its samsung or LG. But finally went with LG,it was insatalled y'day, the things i noticed after unpacking are the following

1) any sratch marks on the screen-- None
2)packing had normal tapes-nothing specific written on it, since the 3D glasses was given by the retailer, i am sure he would have opened and put his stuff inside
3)I asked the techinican to show me the used time first, it was showing 218 , now i have a doubt, does this mean its 2 hrs 18 minutes or 218 hours, since there was no DTH y'day, i played some movie from my pen drive, after an hour it was updated to 219 and so on. I spoke to the retailer, he said he will get back to me today. I also called some senior person in LG, he said he will send some senior techinican today, let me see, i will post some more details after i meet with him

experts in this forum, can you please clairfy whether the usage time is in hours only, If anyone has recently purcashe 5700, did u check the first instant what was the usage time value ? did any one had 000 ? now i am thinking whether he has sent me a display piece ?

I got a used piece delivered yesterday by online shopping site letsbuy.com. I have posted my findings online on my blog for benefits of others. Almost all the things which are discussed in this forum on how to identify a used/demo/display unit were in this unit.

Neeraj Sharma - Posts on Tech, Gadgets, Quality of Products & Services and so on!: Letsbuy.com Delivered an old Samsung LED TV

- Neeraj

Similar thing happened with Airtel DTH HD for me recently . The companies intentions are good and customer friendly , but it comes down to local dealers. They are the ones who screw things up.

Its good they have responded swiftly to your problem

Similar thing happened with Airtel DTH HD for me recently . The companies intentions are good and customer friendly , but it comes down to local dealers. They are the ones who screw things up.

Its good they have responded swiftly to your problem

Yes they have delivered a new piece today and that is fresh and with 0 hours of panel used time.

How to check usage hours on Samsung plasma?

For Samsung TVs - With the TV in standby, press the INFO -> MENU -> MUTE -> POWER buttons in sequence on the remote. The TV will turn On with the Service Menu. Here you should be able to check usage hours and other information and settings of the TV. Don't wait much time between pressing buttons (do it fast).

Hi All

Just had my Pana 32X30D delivered a couple of days back. Checked the usage time after running it for about 3 Hrs. The display showed about 4 Hrs of usage time and 11 counts of starting. I am kinda happy now that this is not a used piece (1 Hrs extra can be due to factory QC). Moreover the delivery guys showed me another trick to avoid this pitfall. While panasonic seems to use a standard thick transparent scotchtape (one with no company logo), but one can easily check if it was ever opened as peeling the scotchtape takes out bits of the carton layers. Need to check both ends of the carton. Moreover, there are about 2 thick staples on either side of the cartoon (under the scotchtape). It is impossible to take out the TV without opening them, and they surely have not been opened in my case. So I am kinda happy that the piece is not a used one.

Thank you guys for all the checks mentioned. Made my day.

S. Ghosh

Hi All

Just had my Pana 32X30D delivered a couple of days back. Checked the usage time after running it for about 3 Hrs. The display showed about 4 Hrs of usage time and 11 counts of starting. I am kinda happy now that this is not a used piece (1 Hrs extra can be due to factory QC). Moreover the delivery guys showed me another trick to avoid this pitfall. While panasonic seems to use a standard thick transparent scotchtape (one with no company logo), but one can easily check if it was ever opened as peeling the scotchtape takes out bits of the carton layers. Need to check both ends of the carton. Moreover, there are about 2 thick staples on either side of the cartoon (under the scotchtape). It is impossible to take out the TV without opening them, and they surely have not been opened in my case. So I am kinda happy that the piece is not a used one.

Thank you guys for all the checks mentioned. Made my day.
eck
S. Ghosh
at
what is method you addapted to check uses time

I purchased my samsung lcd last year from Reliance Digital, Vashi. They were excellent, and I am very happy with their service. One thing a salesman there told me is that Samsung doesn't make the 'Demo mode' the default mode for packed lcd screens they manufacture. If you install their lcd at home, and it shows that it is in demo mode, it probably means it has been opened and changed to that mode before, probably as a display unit. Of course, absence of default demo mode doesn't therefore necessarily indicate virginity (since it might be changed before repacking), but presence of default demo mode would almost certainly do so.

How do U check usage hrs for samsung 32d580 and sony cx520 has all the combinations i have found are not working with 2011 models such as:-
1. For sammy info+menu+mute+power in standby mode
Any other new combinations for this ??

It is NOT a good idea to buy a demo piece. The logic is simple: Demo pieces run throughout the day when on display. Furthermore, they are set at the brightest levels, etc. to appeal with the best picture to the potential customers. The longevity of the set is severly shortened as a result. I once bought a 56" demo Panasonic unit. After 11 months it went bad. Fortunately, I was able to convince the seller that I had been palmed a bad unit and that they will need to take it back. I got lucky. Since then, however, I refuse to buy a demo TV. I have bought other demo items such as a washing machine (these are not turned on while on display!).

Food for thought the next time you consider a demo unit

my friend bought 50" LG plasma ,he doesn't know how to check usage . Please someone guide how to do it.

Then ... is it safe to purchase a plasma frm any official LG or Samsung showrooms ??
so that u gt a factory sealed piece???
I m planning to buy a plasma 42" under 40-43k around next week .. Samsung and LG showrooms are next to each other in mulund nd also chroma nd vijay sales. After reading all d postings in dis thread I m bit scares nw abt d demo piece..
so should I buy it frm the official showrooms ??
also if possible pls suggest a few best plasmas within 43,000
Thank you friends

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back