Checklist to avoid buying Demo Piece - LCD /Plasma Tv

well the dealer is supposed to give you a new piece , since he didnt , you can demand new set within 2-3 days or tell him softly you will go to consumer court if you dont receive a new set within 2-3 days and after that you wont accept his new replacement too... dont accept his reason of he has to get it from XXX place. Its his fault who gave you a demo piece in first place.

Last edited:
@Goldy, he appears to be the one of the ubiquitous wily dealers that infested the Indian markets. From the way he is treating you, you appear to be a soft and decent soul; he will try all the means to palm off the demo piece to you. Unless you talk tough, he will keep hoodwinking you. If you can't take a loud mouth friend with you and have a direct show down right in his showroom. That will surely mellow him down.

Last edited:
well the dealer is supposed to give you a new piece , since he didnt , you can demand new set within 2-3 days or tell him softly you will go to consumer court if you dont receive a new set within 2-3 days and after that he wont accept his new replacement too... dont accept his reason of he has to get it from XXX place. Its his fault who gave you a demo piece in first place.

ohh just now i called and told him exact how you said than he said that he cant get me a brand new piece in 43k so i told him than how much price will be? he said 44+k so i dont have any other choice than getting my cash back if he is loyal to give me but i think he wont till i fight back for my money... :(

i dont understand why this dealer do this kind of stuff even we pay the price he asked?... i did paid what he ask for but still he is not kind for his customers... and i dont like the way he replied like dont teach me about tv's bla bla....

thanks friends for your replys....

Last edited:
ohh just now i called and told him exact how you said than he said that he cant get me a brand new piece in 43k so i told him than how much price will be? he said 44+k so i dont have any other choice than getting my cash back if he is loyal to give me but i think he wont till i fight back for my money... :(

i dont understand why this dealer do this kind of stuff even we pay the price he asked?... i did paid what he ask for but still he is not kind for his customers... and i dont like the way he replied like dont teach me about tv's bla bla....

thanks friends for your replys....

well he cant ask for extra money to replace a new TV. You have paid in full for new set . From what i can understand , if you are busy or dont want to go down the line to fight these morons, its high time you get the cash back and get a new tv from other reputed store like CROMA or whatever. Jsut to have a peace of mind in future.

Also while returning back the set , never return it back till you get all your money back . If he is unwilling to repay you or delaying the process ,dont wait. Since he can easily delay things and 555 hours = 24 days or so. After that he can claim that he did sell you a fresh piece ..

If possible try to get a legal support or take a lawyer friend to the dealers shop and let the lawyer speak..

Thats why in my case , i made the dealer guys ,who transported the TV to open themselves and i checked the usage hours then and there , in front of them. Its better that any new buyers of TV do the same.

also never allow them to ship the TV and install it later , if its broken or damaged while transporting , the guy who comes for installation can blame you..(possibilty that you moved the box within the house and damaged..

Last edited:
Recieved the Samsung D5900 led today.
On the sticker which has serial number and stuff its mentioned as a oct 2011 manufactured. Tried many steps mentioned in this thread and am satisfied its a brand new piece thankfully!

The thing i cant get is which panel is this, How can i check this as i cant find it anywhere?

PS- Checked again. Its written HQ01. Is it a good panel?

Last edited:
ok somehow i got my money back but he kept 250rupees with him and told me that he will adjust that money in buying brand new piece from other showroom who is his friend, not @ 43,250 but in 44,250 rupees so now i think he want to rip me off with another 1k for new piece as i am not buy piece from his friend showroom..

i try other shop to get D490 model in 43k and leave that 250rupees with that moron dealer? or ill get that 250 back?

Dude why are still trying to negotiate with him. He has wasted ur time. Dont leave a penny with him and just mention where and who the dealer is so that others can make a note of it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ok somehow i got my money back but he kept 250rupees with him and told me that he will adjust that money in buying brand new piece from other showroom who is his friend, not @ 43,250 but in 44,250 rupees so now i think he want to rip me off with another 1k for new piece as i am not buy piece from his friend showroom..

i try other shop to get D490 model in 43k and leave that 250rupees with that moron dealer? or ill get that 250 back?

if you can bargain further with other shops , you can easily get far below 42K.
I brought down the price of ST30 50" from 1.17 L to 89K (nothing to be proud of) , but if you are not going to bargain , look at the difference these guys can earn from. so dont go with thier words , and always be ready to walk out of the shop saying " xxxxx shop is ready to offer me better price" ..

leave that 250RS , he will never give you and he will waste your time.Also be happy he returned the full money. Make sure to tell your friends , family , never to shop in that shop again and also let that moron dealer know about it.

if you are comfortable , as one said, post the dealers detail so that others can avoid.

if you can bargain further with other shops , you can easily get far below 42K.
I brought down the price of ST30 50" from 1.17 L to 89K (nothing to be proud of) , but if you are not going to bargain , look at the difference these guys can earn from. so dont go with thier words , and always be ready to walk out of the shop saying " xxxxx shop is ready to offer me better price" ..

leave that 250RS , he will never give you and he will waste your time.Also be happy he returned the full money. Make sure to tell your friends , family , never to shop in that shop again and also let that moron dealer know about it.

if you are comfortable , as one said, post the dealers detail so that others can avoid.

Hello Friends

As all your advice i try to bargain at 42k from other shop but the other dealer(Samsung Plaza) cant make it for 42k than i said i am allready getting for 43,250 from other showroom so he called somewhere and told me that he can also offer the same price for the brand new piece... i were happy to get it from this dealer for 43,250 and its brand new piece with white strap seal so finally i buyed it from Samsung Plaza but for that 250 which that moron dealer (Focus World) have.. i dont know if i take that 250 from him cause he try to rip me of again for 1k, btw in city i know i will get discount for sure but i didnt check the other showroom before because he told me not to tell this price anywhere else and if someone give you @43,250 than ill offer you @40k this is what moron said....

Moron dealer address:
Focus World
MAPUSA - GOA

btw i unable to see 3d clip from USB, as it start but its get hangs and stop.... so please guys if someone know whats is the problem with my usb?

Hello Friends

As all your advice i try to bargain at 42k from other shop but the other dealer(Samsung Plaza) cant make it for 42k than i said i am allready getting for 43,250 from other showroom so he called somewhere and told me that he can also offer the same price for the brand new piece... i were happy to get it from this dealer for 43,250 and its brand new piece with white strap seal so finally i buyed it from Samsung Plaza but for that 250 which that moron dealer (Focus World) have.. i dont know if i take that 250 from him cause he try to rip me of again for 1k, btw in city i know i will get discount for sure but i didnt check the other showroom before because he told me not to tell this price anywhere else and if someone give you @43,250 than ill offer you @40k this is what moron said....

Moron dealer address:
Focus World
MAPUSA - GOA

btw i unable to see 3d clip from USB, as it start but its get hangs and stop.... so please guys if someone know whats is the problem with my usb?

every dealer says the same dialogue "This is the best price any one can offer , but donttell to anyone.."these are gimmick works.. dont trust.

If you want to save 1-3K , bargain with 3-5 shops and always quote the lowest price , if possible , bargain with 1-2K less than the least price you got. This is what i did. If i did bargain for another 2-3 days , i would have got for 87-89K.

Dont just stop with one shop. try another and see what they offer. always quote the price this shop is giving and tell them "If you can give me much less , i will come and take it right away.." , always keep them on hook by saying.. "I need to get it within 3 days" , show you are desperate.. :eek:hyeah:

every dealer says the same dialogue "This is the best price any one can offer , but donttell to anyone.."these are gimmick works.. dont trust.

If you want to save 1-3K , bargain with 3-5 shops and always quote the lowest price , if possible , bargain with 1-2K less than the least price you got. This is what i did. If i did bargain for another 2-3 days , i would have got for 87-89K.

Dont just stop with one shop. try another and see what they offer. always quote the price this shop is giving and tell them "If you can give me much less , i will come and take it right away.." , always keep them on hook by saying.. "I need to get it within 3 days" , show you are desperate.. :eek:hyeah:

thanks naveen for replying but i allready bought it so now its not a about bargaining or looking for tv anymore cause i am happy there what i got for :) btw in Goa is a always high price's compare to mumbai,delhi and other states...

main reason for buying new tv is Diwali as we know diwali is about new,bright and change so i got it brand new tv with 0Hr use so thanks a lot my friends for helping me and supporting me thru my purchasing.. :)

@ Naveen & Goldy, all is well that ends well.

I have a suggestion; since this is a thread which is 'stickied', is to discuss about tips on how to avoid buying demo piece, it is not proper IMHO to fill it with details of someone's travails with a 'moron dealer' you can always start a new thread.

BTW, the dealer is certainly not a moron, he is wily fox looking to make morons out of his customers.:eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
555 hrs is just too much. That's a demo piece for at least 2-3 months. Its good you got most of your money back.

Great that you managed to bargain and get a fresh TV for the same price. Congrats! Did you get the free glasses?

Forget the 250 for now. Recover it by telling everyone not to go to Focus or eValue because they give demo or returned items. The dealer will surely lose in thousands.
(Focus is renamed to eValue in some cities - maybe they changed name for same reason?)

Last edited:
@ Naveen & Goldy, all is well that ends well.

I have a suggestion; since this is a thread which is 'stickied', is to discuss about tips on how to avoid buying demo piece, it is not proper IMHO to fill it with details of someone's travails with a 'moron dealer' you can always start a new thread.

BTW, the dealer is certainly not a moron, he is wily fox looking to make morons out of his customers.:eek:hyeah:

Ya i agree... but since it started with "is 555 hrs a demo piece ?" and went off-topic on MORON dealer.. :eek:hyeah:

well you are right that he is a wily fox , There are only very few dealers who are kind , patient and true to thier customers.. many of them fall into this type of dealer only.

Anyway ON-TOPIC

is there a way to reset the usage hours in service menu by a dealer ?

@echo
Yes i did get 2 3D Glasses model: SSG-3100GB btw i think its not the one i should get with this tv right? cause when i saw brouchure of smart utsav there is noted as 3050 model glasses btw i dont know exactly...? btw yes i will recover the 250 it by telling my sociaty peoples.... :)

anyway 3D in this tv is not that Worthy,Great and sorry for the off topic... :(

@goldy
sorry for going offtopic.When you bought your new tv did you exchange any old tv?? coz without exchange its 46.6k last price!!:mad: and 44k with exchange!! :mad:

and congratulations :clapping:for getting your money back from a MORON dealer!!:annoyed:

Last edited:
@andre
where you checked prices of this model? btw did you check @margao?
checked in margao,vasco. tried many shops. told them about online prices and how i can get easily from eBay and letsbuy,they said the usual," they are selling for such low prices bcoz they are reject pieces bla bla..." and about other places like Bangalore and Mumbai," goa has very high tax. and we have to pay more as we bring tv in special vans!"!:confused::lol:

any idea how to check the usage hours on Panasonic L32X30D model. Mine's about to be delivered day after tomorrow. So if someone can provide the steps that would be great.

Thanks
S Ghosh

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back