Could I use Samsung galaxy Tab P6200 as regular phone?

dijeesh

Hello all,
Time has come for me to upgrade my phone.
I am considering android based phones.While checking in showroom i saw Samsung Tablet (7 inch version) with SIM and basic phone facilities.
Just want to clarify the following points.

1.Whether this could be used as a regular phone
2.Is size a problem for daily use
3.How long the battery lasts after a full charge
4.How convenient is to edit files like .doc,excel,ppt etc

Pls advice.

Thanks,
Dijeesh.

Hello all,
I am considering android based phones.While checking in showroom i saw Samsung Tablet (7 inch version) with SIM and basic phone facilities.

Pls advice.

Thanks,
Dijeesh.

MY WIFE GOT THIS PHONBLET ( phone + tablet)

1.Whether this could be used as a regular phone - You ALWAYS need a bluetooth or wired hands free - or use as speaker phone
2.Is size a problem for daily use - thinkso - I am using my dell streak strictly as second phone for surfing - again it is "just" 5 inches screen!
3.How long the battery lasts after a full charge - members pls help
4.How convenient is to edit files like .doc,excel,ppt etc - doc Excel - Ok ,PPT never tried but cannot replace a "REAL" lap

You would be better off with a galaxy note if you want a phone/tab... Personally I don't even prefer the note... It's too freaking huge for practical use...

You would be better off with a galaxy note if you want a phone/tab... Personally I don't even prefer the note... It's too freaking huge for practical use...

Yeah,Galaxy note is expensive(32K).Looked this tab because of this price(26K) and the screen size,I had my apprehensions regarding the size, though.

May be i should look at basic android phones.
Any suggestions for a decent phone??

Thanks.
Dijeesh.

Hello all,

1.Whether this could be used as a regular phone
2.Is size a problem for daily use
3.How long the battery lasts after a full charge
4.How convenient is to edit files like .doc,excel,ppt etc

Pls advice.

Thanks,
Dijeesh.

I have one but its not used a phone. But I have seen people using it as phone.

As pointed earlier you need to use a headset and you need to consider how you are going to carry it on you. Do you have a large enough pocket or a bag which always carry, then it would be fin. Battery life will be better than any normal phone, I think mine easily survives 10hrs of play.

Editing of docs is not so easy, even on bigger tabs. Strictly read only mode for me.

You would look awesome holding a 7 inch tablet and talking on it in public, new style statement it might become. Pls go ahead and buy it :)

my friend has a galaxy note. he also carries a regular old style crap non smart phone to make calls:).

note is awesome, but a poor phone due to its size. you probably look like a clown talking on it without bt headset. Oh, and forget about it fitting your jeans pocket. you need a coat for this.

You would look awesome holding a 7 inch tablet and talking on it in public, new style statement it might become. Pls go ahead and buy it :)

hi madhav,
thanks for suggestion.If i hold this tab while talking,forget about style statement,others wont be able to see me at all...
anyways i had planned to use bluetooth device.
Dijeesh.

Last edited:
it is already a statement. I saw one girl day before yesterday, and then again a guy yesterday, having a 7" while tablet and talking on it. Girl was using a headset, while the guy was using speakerphone.
Both were looking dumb :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back