Deals info in Singapore

sgajjala

Hi,
My neighbor is planning to visit Singapore next week. I just wanted to know the deals websites in Singapore so that I can order some electronics stuff from there.

Could someone please suggest good deals links??

I am basically looking to buy Canon DSLR.

Any info would be highly appreciated.........

take grey market quotes in India before taking decision since the stuff bought over there would be as good as grey market goods in terms of warranty.
Try Ebay.in for the prices.

I feel it is better to purchase the DSLR body locally with warranty from flipkart or buy the camera with basic lens. Import more telescopic / long zoom lenses and filters from abroad.

Thanks for the suggestions. My neighbor is travelling to singapore. Is there any online store where I can find the product listing.

Kittu,
Do u see any deals on SLR in india? If so let me know.

Which specific model you have in mind?

Did you check the same on flipkart/ebay? 2 years warranty on a DSLR is a clear peace of mind. Unless there is a significant saving , I would not buy them from abroad. When I compare with US of A prices , the local prices are not far ahead.

Sorry to differ with you Kittu (seems we always have a poles apart opinion :) ). I would rather get a DSLR from another country rather than India, just for the sake of warranty.
- Most of the DSLRs undergo severe tests before they are sold. Rarely you would need a warranty for the first year, unless you are playing football with it :). Besides three page long warranty clauses after two small astrick symbol, this ignores most of the technical components that can go wrong in the first year of purchase. For the second year, you will already have a new model and parts of the old one will not be available and a very delayed repair work. You can look back at last five years of releases (applicable only for APS-C and P&S cameras). Compared to Global models, India gets one, only after a year of existance in other markets (there are many to name). So by the time one purchases a camera in India (at premium since it is new in India), it is a year older or not in production compared to Global markets.
- Not all models are priced low in abroad. Price of mid range Canon APS-C sensor cameras are almost same in US/Australia when compared to Dubai. Dubai is less by 20%-30%. As for Singapore, this is a place where newer models are released first and they become cheap just after 6 months of release. My take go for it and get a new well acclaimed/reviewed model.
- But I agree unless there is a substantial benifit if purchased abroad, it is always better to get it locally. For new models you dont have any option but to get it from aborad.
- I'm assuming you are aware of your need to have a DSLR and how to use it so that it gives you better picture than a premium P&S camera, at the same price range. Please pardon my ignorance.

This write-up is based on my purchase and experience of Fuji and Canon cameras from abroad. I cannot comment on other brands.

^_^

You are most welcome to differ and share your opinion. There is always a learning. For me when it comes to abroad buying, I look at only U.S. and U.K as options . Coz they have many online sites to compare.

Singapore , Dubai and other places unless you have people visiting and sharing the price info it becomes very difficult and the deals are not constant in those places.They always vary.

on a recent trip to thailand, i bought a canon camera there. but coming back home, i found the same model to be significantly cheaper here in india.

If you are going for Nikon, official prices here are not very different from US or spore. Unless you know a trustworthy store. I asked my friend to get a 50mm lens. He got for 6.5k while I got it for 5k here. Luckily he liked the lens and kept for himself.
iPad 2 was much cheaper there though. And apple products have international warranty except iPhone.

I think I am getting more confused now. Buying from abroad is not my primary thing to do. I just want to compare the prices here and there and only if I see significant diff. in prices, I would decide to buy from other contries.

I am looking for Canon 550d model, in india it is priced around 38K. looking to get this model around 30K . Let me know any dels in india as well!!

I would agree with kittu, not much point in buying a dslr from overseas nowadays, unless you are looking at higher end stuff, like d7000, eos 60D and the likes. For the lower models, the price difference these days is nil/ negligible compared to usa, singapore, dubai etc.

Lenses, are a different ball game, and there imho, shopping abroad makes sense.

This model is available on Rs. 33K at ebay. Pl check

eBay India's Deal Junction - one stop shop for hottest deals & bargains on mobile phones, digicams, laptops, LCD TVs, computers, movies, shoes, diamond jewellery & more

Regards

I think I am getting more confused now. Buying from abroad is not my primary thing to do. I just want to compare the prices here and there and only if I see significant diff. in prices, I would decide to buy from other contries.

I am looking for Canon 550d model, in india it is priced around 38K. looking to get this model around 30K . Let me know any dels in india as well!!

I checked the deal. It is good for that price. I would like to know,
Shall I go ahead with the deal??

Canon 550D is available for 33K from sankyoelectronics. I did not get the seller location though!!!

If you find seller's contact number, try to negotiate on some other lens (may be 50mm 1.8, or 28-135mm) instead of 18-55mm one, offcourse @ some extra bucks. If you want to take photography 'serious-ametuer' level then eventually you will keep 18-55mm in your camera bag all the time. Jack of all, master of none. BTW go for it man. Its a good deal.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back