DEN HD in Gurgaon

dillihifi

Intially I had installed Tata Sky for viewing HD channels way back during the Footbal World Cup in 2010. After living with it for a some years I was forced to part ways with Tata Sky.

I after evaluating all the alternatives I settled for the local cable operator which is serviced by DEN. I purchased a HD box from them and after a month of viewing I am very satisfied with their operations.

There are 19 HD channels being beamed right now. The PQ of the channels is absolutely comparable to TS.

There are around 200 plus channels being beamed by them including all the sports channels. The cost comes to Rs 300 p.m which I think is quite reasonable. The HD box is priced at Rs 3800/- which includes 1 year of HD access.

I after evaluating all the alternatives I settled for the local cable operator which is serviced by DEN. I purchased a HD box from them and after a month of viewing I am very satisfied with their operations.

In the same boat, about to part ways with Tata Sky. What areas does DEN serve in Gurgaon, also do they have rental scheme for their HD boxes, if I want to try it for some time?

Right now they don't have any recording facility. Actually I am not much interested in the recording facility as the maximum amount of time I spend in front of the TV is for live events. Further I have no idea about the rental schemes on boxes in gurgaon.

Further, if recording if important and if those channels are available on Airtel IPTV there is no match for its convenience. This is of use when you tend to watch those programs within a period of 7 days from telecast as the full backup of these seven days is kept at their end.

I heard that Hathway is going to launch a recording box soon.

In the same boat, picking up a new TV, had TS HD, now local cable guy in bangalore who has DEN is saying HD box is coming next month along with channels. So came searching for some information on the quality of the content, channels availabile and know more about the HD box, if someone gets more info do share.

Anyone, using Den HD , any feedback as to how are the channels , PQ and charges for the same. My cable guy is planning to start giving the same. He has not yet revealed the pricing and other details.

I have used Hathway and i discontinued it within 3 months. Horrible picture quality as many chs were blurry, some chs had high volume to even distorted levels while some had very low volume level. Customer care though registered complaints but no one followed it up even if u mailed to nodal office. All in all a disaster.

Have heard that DEN is a good cable choice. Had seen it at my friend's place and find the audio and video quality very good. Pricing would be around Rs 270 monthly for all standard definition channels

In Gurgaon they charge the HD box @ 3800 and 300 pm for all SD + HD cahnnels.

In Gurgaon they charge the HD box @ 3800 and 300 pm for all SD + HD cahnnels.

Thanks, are the showing the same 19 HD channels as other DTH operators are or the list is different. How is it in terms of PQ and audio. Is it 5.1 sound.

Let me think. The HD channels shown by them are as follows :
1. Star Plus, 2. Colors, 3. Life OK, 4. Zee TV, 5. Star World, 6. Zee Cinema, 7. Star Movies, 8. Zee Studio, 9. Romedy Now, 9. M Tunes, 10. NGC, 11. NGC Wild, 12. NGC Adventures, 13. History, 14. Fox Traveler, 15. Star sports hd1, 16. Star Sports HD2, 17. Ten, 18. Trace Sports, 19. CNBC

Some of the channels have 5.1 sound and others have stereo sound.

Let me think. The HD channels shown by them are as follows :
1. Star Plus, 2. Colors, 3. Life OK, 4. Zee TV, 5. Star World, 6. Zee Cinema, 7. Star Movies, 8. Zee Studio, 9. Romedy Now, 9. M Tunes, 10. NGC, 11. NGC Wild, 12. NGC Adventures, 13. History, 14. Fox Traveler, 15. Star sports hd1, 16. Star Sports HD2, 17. Ten, 18. Trace Sports, 19. CNBC

Some of the channels have 5.1 sound and others have stereo sound.

Hey can you pls update the HD channels list along with the numbers and pls post some pics too coz i'm getting it within a month and want to know how well it is :eek:hyeah:

My BIL has den, and I witnessed a problem, need to know if its global. If the light goes in the area where DEN dish is located, cable stops working, this seriously is a deal breaker. Not sure if this is in my area only or is everywhere.

Well I do not think the light problem is a global problem since I do not face the same now. But I do remember that 3-4 years ago when I had the local cable guy the same thing used to happen. Maybe switching over to ups now.

The hd channel list hasn't changed but still every month I send them an email requesting for more hd channels

My BIL has den, and I witnessed a problem, need to know if its global. If the light goes in the area where DEN dish is located, cable stops working, this seriously is a deal breaker. Not sure if this is in my area only or is everywhere.

yes happens in my place :mad:

Well I do not think the light problem is a global problem since I do not face the same now. But I do remember that 3-4 years ago when I had the local cable guy the same thing used to happen. Maybe switching over to ups now.

The hd channel list hasn't changed but still every month I send them an email requesting for more hd channels

sending mails is of no use coz i have sent 100's i guess but they're just too hesitant but anyways i'm satisfied with what i have and my LCO has promised that 22HD channels will be available as soon as HD box is launched!!! Man pls post some snaps of Star Sports HD 2,Ten HD,NGC Wild HD and Star Movies HD coz these are the channels that i need the most

i don't know how to do it in a computer but in tapatalk for android there is a an option just for sending images.. Should be there on your pc as well! Badly need some snaps

Go to imgur.com, upload the pics. When you upload the pic there you will get an option which says something like forum link. Copy that link and paste it here. It starts with

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back