Denon or CA stereo amplifier?

this price was mainly to move old stock as the *003 series components had prices similar to those in India, the CD5003 for instance was 17,500 INR equivalent.

If anyone is going to thailand in the near future, i can tell you where to pick these up. And even both together (the CD5001 and PM6002) will not exceed your 25k free limit with customs. (of course if you're landing in chennai, none of this matters, since they're monumentally chilled out).

Gawk! :eek: Great price!! :licklips:

Whats the customs duty in places like Thailand/Singapore/Malaysia etc? Assuming Marantz is manufactured in HK or JP ?

Regards

(of course if you're landing in chennai, none of this matters, since they're monumentally chilled out).

I second that. I find the attitude of the Customs officers in Chennai airport to be extremely pleasant. For sometime I thought they were just careless, then I realised they were very aware of what is happening and are keeping a beady eye on every passenger. Last time I was brining my 875 back, an officer was just about to pounce on me, saw my face, remembered I had entered it in my passport, and then waved me away.

I like the way they are able to differentiate between genuine passengers and smugglers.

Cheers

I But a dealer has suggested me to go for CA 640 v-2 amplifier and a pair of Wharfadle diamond 9.6 floorstanders.
Early solution will help me greatly

did you audition the CA 640 and wharfedale 9.6 combo? they may sound flat.

I have heard the CA 540 v2 and CA 340 with wharfedale 9. 2 and 9.1 and they sounded very dull and flat.
But the CA 540 v2 with MS 902i combo was very good.

take atleast 4 cds of very different genre like hard rock, classical, film music, trance, etc with you and have a listen

Nothing really. The sound is a little in-the-face thats all. The soundstange doesn't exist behind the speakers at all. Everyone seems to be tapping at their instruments in front of the speakers mostly standing on each others toes :(

Well some tracks do exhibit good lateral imaging so I guess the system is capable of it - must be the recordings .. :)

Cheers

Nothing really. The sound is a little in-the-face thats all. The soundstange doesn't exist behind the speakers at all. Everyone seems to be tapping at their instruments in front of the speakers mostly standing on each others toes :(

Well some tracks do exhibit good lateral imaging so I guess the system is capable of it - must be the recordings .. :)

Cheers

i found esp the lows to be very laid back and the entire presentation itself when compared to others to be warm and a little laid back. when i mean laid back i would definitely not call it forward in its presentation. but i love the fulls mids and the slightly rolled off highs. would prefer a bit more sound separation and a slightly tighter and more forward bass

i found esp the lows to be very laid back and the entire presentation itself when compared to others to be warm and a little laid back. when i mean laid back i would definitely not call it forward in its presentation. but i love the fulls mids and the slightly rolled off highs. would prefer a bit more sound separation and a slightly tighter and more forward bass

Actually I need to correct myself a bit. The sound stage for many tracks is a little to the inside and behind the speakers ( rarely outside due to lesser reflecting qualities of side walls due to wardrobe/door on wither side) , however it is not sufficient for my listening distance of 7.5 feet. Many tracks still have the in-the-face effect. Its not always forward.

I think I would get the better sound separation with CA 640C V2 than CD6002.
But the CD6002 + NAD does make every instrument audible.

Tighter bass can be fixed with finding the correct ICs - what IC do you use?

Regards

Actually I need to correct myself a bit. The sound stage for many tracks is a little to the inside and behind the speakers ( rarely outside due to lesser reflecting qualities of side walls due to wardrobe/door on wither side) , however it is not sufficient for my listening distance of 7.5 feet. Many tracks still have the in-the-face effect. Its not always forward.

I think I would get the better sound separation with CA 640C V2 than CD6002.
But the CD6002 + NAD does make every instrument audible.

Tighter bass can be fixed with finding the correct ICs - what IC do you use?

Regards

i do have the ca 640c cdp. also the nad dvd t524. didnt find too much of a difference. but the ca is slightly more forward and dymanic too. cant really make out the diff in sound separation. the t524 definitely plays music well.

IC?

InterConnect. You need to soak it in snakeoil overnite for maximum results and benefit :D

Cheers

huh - snake oil? i hope youre yanking my chain. because if you aren't im going to have to go around looking for it :D)

use a company called supra for interconnects. havent really experimented with others

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back