Denon upgrade over x2200W- 4500H vs 6500H

thinking whether 6500H which is about 100000 more would make that much of a difference over the 4500h ? Noticeable in sound etc ?

I dont need 11 channels.

What i shared, was only an example.. Just options of what can be added if you have pre-outs.

Rephrase... I use a 5.1.2 as of now. Dunno if upgrading to 5.1.4 will make a big diff. Our main listening area is in the back of the room against a wall and almost directly under the ceiling atmos speakers

You may consider adding an other pair of heights, ahead of your listening position, just incase you wish for a 5.1.4 set-up..

For native Atmos / Dts X content, 4 over 2 overheads should be a good improvement.. Even otherwise for non object based content, upmixers should recreate it better with 4 overheads..

thinking whether 6500H which is about 100000 more would make that much of a difference over the 4500h ? Noticeable in sound etc ?
IMO definitely not worth the extra 1L. You can very well get an amplifier if required and pair it with the 4500

Hi Im planning to upgrade my existing x2200w which outputs 95w per channel (2ch)

the 2 upgrade choices are the 4500h and the 6500h which output 125w and 140w respectively. 4500 suits perfectly but im wondering if the upgrade would be substantial enough wattage wise or should I go with the 6500 but the cost goes almost double. Will there be a huge difference in the 125w vs the 140 w upgrade?
U may get a lot of difference ,because of processing upgradation , Audyssey XT32 and better power . As many said it will be wise to select x4500 . x6500 has other advantages which may not benefit in your case . I have upgraded from Denon x2200 to Marantz SR8012 and I have found a huge upgradation.

Replying to this thread with some context on the other one (Bose 650 system).
And the pics of the room puts some things in perspective.

Now if you have to work with your room to accommodate a larger TV, then the towers have to go to make way.
Retain the center if you like it; it shouldn't hamper viewing. Interesting that you have it vertical :)
Explore Bose sized cubes; there are other companies that make small speakers that sound.
And look great too. For movies you need the center and sub/s to punch.
That is really where the soundtrack energy is.
For all the other channels you may consider satellites that will hopefully solve the space and looks problems.
With sats, you can choose a modest AVR as the power requirements will not be high.

Since you are in Mumbai, you have the advantage of checking out more brands than us in other cities.
Do the legwork and new ideas/solutions will pop.

Cheers,
Raghu

Get the Denon AVR X4500. They are good. The Rs.1Lakh saving you get from this AVR can be used to purchase a great subwoofer or a pair.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back