Denon X6700 - Any recent owners?

zendya

Hi,

I currently have Denon X2100 and Marantz PM6006 with a 7.2 speaker layout. Looking at upgrading to Denon X6700 to support 11.2 Atmos and 12.2 Auro3D. (Would be adding 5 Polk in-ceiling speakers) . Plan to use Marantz to drive 2 channels, leaving 11 free for other speakers.

Wanted to check a few things about Denon X6700 -

1. Anything that one needs to watch out for? Some online posts mentioned about HDMI 2.1 issues and one says - "Denon and Marantz flagship receivers manufactured after May 2021 are officially glitch-free". Another pointed to some capacitor issue. Hopefully all these are resolved by now.

2. The price range is quite varying across various sites and with local dealers. Wondering if that has anything to do with the above point (based on when the unit was manufactured).

3. Typically when does Denon launch new versions in a series? If the next revision (X6800) is coming out soon, then the *700 series should get some attractive discounts.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I currently have Denon X2100 and Marantz PM6006 with a 7.2 speaker layout. Looking at upgrading to Denon X6700 to support 11.2 Atmos and 12.2 Auro3D. (Would be adding 5 Polk in-ceiling speakers) . Plan to use Marantz to drive 2 channels, leaving 11 free for other speakers.

1. Anything that one needs to watch out for? Some online posts mentioned about HDMI 2.1 issues and one says - "Denon and Marantz flagship receivers manufactured after May 2021 are officially glitch-free". Another pointed to some capacitor issue. Hopefully all these are resolved by now.

2. The price range is quite varying across various sites and with local dealers. Wondering if that has anything to do with the above point (based on when the unit was manufactured).

3. Typically when does Denon launch new versions in a series? If the next revision (X6800) is coming out soon, then the *700 series should get some attractive discounts.

Thanks in advance.
6800 would have better capacitors, resisters, toroids, much better gimmicks, bells and whistles, would cost 3 times as much and would have a magic wand! It would make your 6700 look like Hyder Ali AVR. So wait for it for 10 years. Totally worth it. Wow, this post i must post in audiophile jokes page.

There are no news of new series of AVRs coming out from any brand, most likely because of the chip shortage. That is also the reason current generation of receivers have extremely inflated pricing.

6800 would have better capacitors, resisters, toroids, much better gimmicks, bells and whistles, would cost 3 times as much and would have a magic wand! It would make your 6700 look like Hyder Ali AVR. So wait for it for 10 years. Totally worth it. Wow, this post i must post in audiophile jokes page.
I think you did not read/comprehend Point#3. Please read again.

I read and comprehended point 3 and therefore the reply. Sorry to sound sarcastic but it never comes down in price. For amps and AVRs atleast.
Ok. My observation has been different (have seen dealers offering discount on previous models). In the current higher demand to supply ratio scenario, you may be right though.

Have seen. Maybe. There has been a change in supply chain recently. Plus pandemic made people check out home theaters more (previously only cinema industry folks spent money on these) and many popular Japanese companies went bankrupt and only a few remain in business with them constantly increasing prices mentioning chip shortages. Pioneer was supposed to come back with a bang by August but no signs of it. Denon and Marantz will keep increasing their prices.

Analysts says this trend of price increase will go on till 2023, as there seems to be major chip shortages cause of world wide demand for avrs.
The INR is weakening & importers have no choice but to increase prices & also the increase in duty & excise is playing a role.
@zendya
The X6700 was always in my shortlist as it's a very respected all rounder.
It will be a massive upgrade from your current avr.

Yes @insane79 . This will be a major upgrade for me. The first step (finalizing the AVR model etc and Speakers) is done. Now on price hunt. Will soon be putting up an ad for selling X2100.

I read and comprehended point 3 and therefore the reply. Sorry to sound sarcastic but it never comes down in price. For amps and AVRs atleast.
Can’t say for AVRs, but getting good deals for stereo amps (pre / power / integrated) is definitely possible , both in retail as well as for preowned products.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.
hi. did you upgrade to 6700? what is your experience? what price did you pay for it?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back