Difficulty buying CD's online

Listening to a song on a cd is superior to streaming when it comes to sound quality. Also, a cd can be used n number of times....it is an asset. So streaming is not a replacement, just a compromise. About buying cds online, I don't know about new titles. I purchased old hindi songs from Amazon. The sound quality is pathetic. I purchased a 'Gupt' cd after listening to similar title at a friends place. he had purchased it long back when the movie came out. The sound cannot be compared. The new cd is absolutely worthless compared to the original.
I Bought the Gupt CD 2 yr ago from amazon itself, I felt the quality is OK.
I bought a Eric Clapton CD from Amazon which was subpar in quality to the version I had earlier, even the ripped file from the Old CD sounds better. hell what, the Tidal version is way better than this version. I have the same experience with Bryan Adams Newer CDs & downloaded Flacs, where the iTunes/Tidal version sounded better than the version I owned (I compared this with keeping the DAC constant).

Whether a digital file loses characteristics/quality if copied over and over again (I know technically it should not, but )?

How does the streaming services add the Music to their catalogue ? they buy the CDs from market like us and take permissions or ask the Companies to provide the master CDs or uncompressed Albums to them ? Do Streaming services like iTunes /Tidal digitally remaster the files? (AFAIK Tidal does that for MQA albums, But Flac albums)?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back