Digital clarity in tata sky. Please suggest

arunachudh

Hi All,
I just have a kinda kiddy question. Please don't mind it as i am new to this forum and will definitely learn things fast.

Recently i purchased a SONY Bravia V series 32" Tv and connected it to a Tata SKy (regular) STB. It seems the clarity seems to lag a bit. They say the transmission is digital and doesn't seem to be really good when viewd on 32" TV.

Please can you guys let me knw if there is any way of improving the picture clarity. Any cables or components would improve picture clarity so that i can view the picture close to reality!

Suggest please.

Hi All,
I just have a kinda kiddy question. Please don't mind it as i am new to this forum and will definitely learn things fast.

Recently i purchased a SONY Bravia V series 32" Tv and connected it to a Tata SKy (regular) STB. It seems the clarity seems to lag a bit. They say the transmission is digital and doesn't seem to be really good when viewd on 32" TV.

Please can you guys let me knw if there is any way of improving the picture clarity. Any cables or components would improve picture clarity so that i can view the picture close to reality!

Suggest please.

All DTH providers in India including BigTV offer very average broadcast quality.

The so called 'DVD quality' is not reached due to use of lower than DVD bit-rates and introduction of motion compensation artifacts.

Your best bet is to use TATA Sky+ over Component Video (Use a Bandridge interconnect... its VFM) [TATA Sky STB lacks component out]

Also, you need to tweak your Bravia's pic settings... I shall share mine once I reach home from work.

All DTH providers in India including BigTV offer very average broadcast quality.

The so called 'DVD quality' is not reached due to use of lower than DVD bit-rates and introduction of motion compensation artifacts.

Your best bet is to use TATA Sky+ over Component Video (Use a Bandridge interconnect... its VFM) [TATA Sky STB lacks component out]

Also, you need to tweak your Bravia's pic settings... I shall share mine once I reach home from work.

thank you bhaja. Your were referring to bandridge interconnect. Please can you explain about it. the output of tata sky is RCA. can i upscale it to HDMI using a convertor. if so suggest a good one.

Sorry if my asking are absurd. Al least am tryin to make myself very clear on what i wanted to do

thank you bhaja. Your were referring to bandridge interconnect. Please can you explain about it. the output of tata sky is RCA. can i upscale it to HDMI using a convertor. if so suggest a good one.

Sorry if my asking are absurd. Al least am tryin to make myself very clear on what i wanted to do

You can probably do upscaling via a good AV receiver/ or your Flat Panel's built in upscaling.

A good AVR will have a lot of whiz bang features when it comes to video upscaling.... Not acquainted with the details now... I am more of a stereophile! ;)

How can i do that . can you xplain please?

If you have Old Tata STB ,then no component out.
Try getting new settopbox which has component out,so connect component video cable(even AV cable can)to compo out from STB & connect to similar in @ LCD end.

Last edited:
Aaah...

here are the picture settings on our Bravia:

Black Level: 9

Picture(contrast): 85

Brightness: 50

Colour: 45

Colour temp: Neutral

Sharpness: 25

Noise Reduction: Low

MPEG Noise Reduction: Low

Cinema Drive: Auto 1

Black Corrector: High

Automatic Contrast Enhancer: High

Gamma +1

Live Colour: Medium

I know that the settings are a bit on the vibrant/processed side; however, the drab TATA Sky signal needs that sugar coating to look passable.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back