Diwali Offers and rates

anyone with experience of buying in the Diwali period in past years - what is the best day to buy tv's etc? on which day do the dealers offer the best deals? Dhanteras? Diwali day itself? or some other? LG's offer period is running till 15th Nov this year iirc so would it be a good idea to wait till then?

At Croma, I was told to come on Dhanteras (5th) for the best prices rather than end of this month or on Diwali (7th).

is anyone going to croma today? got a promotional SMS from croma that "visit croma on 1 nov, get min 10% off on wide range of gadgets". not sure of the t&c's.

is anyone going to croma today? got a promotional SMS from croma that "visit croma on 1 nov, get min 10% off on wide range of gadgets". not sure of the t&c's.
i went to croma to look at the 55Q8CN they have the wierdest price. Asked them to give me a final price without any offers. they gave me 1.75l while another croma store gave me 1.68

can one swipe for 1 invoice with 2 different credit cards?
I guess so i asked one store that i wish to make the payment via my debit and credit card he said sure you will get 9k cashback on both from the bank so 18k effective.

I visited croma, reliance digital, vijay sales, kohinoor and few others.

My first visit to Vijay sales the Floor manager came and discussed took sometime and he came back with 1.80 i said thanks will let you know and he said "this final price is only for now if you go and find else where you wont get this low price and then you will come back and wont even get this same price but higher price" I said dont worry wont buy then.

I went to a small dealer in navi mumbai and he quoted 1.52 but asked me to pay 1k to lock the price and get the unit. I paid and asked him what if i get a better price or not happy with the set you get? he said he will refund. next day he called up i went to see the box in his warehouse the box was damaged and the tapes were not proper. I asked him to get a new one and he refused saying its proper he will replace it if i find an issue. After paying this much who wants that kind of tension? He kept forcing to take that unit and when i asked to refund he smirked and sent me to the payment counter to make the full payment. saying another one is waiting for the same unit i refused. I said give him that unit after a while he says he wants the 65inch. they just kept denying to refund or arrange a new unit but by then i had enough of his behaviour and told himto keep the 1000 as his diwali gift.
The dealer kept calling guilt tripping manipulating saying your a bad customer they ordered a new one and i have to take it or they will go into a loss of 4lakhs.

Reliance digital one branch gave me a price of 1.58 last and another branch told me 1.98 last when i said i got way lesser at another branch he stareted questioning with a wierd expression like impossible how

kohinoor gave me it for 1.50 can swipe two cards. will go with them as soon as i get the refund from samsung for my old tv.

I found that all this diwali and other festive offers are just hogwash they include the price of the gifts in the cost of the tv even the cash back is included in the price.

My 65' LG C8 actually cost me 1.93L in the end and i made my disappointment known to the LG Brand Shop owner because he had offered it at around 1.85L. The WePayEmi scheme is only applicable on 18 months emi(14+4) not the 12 months as he had told. As a result the one emi amount reduced and it cost me higher. The base/invoice price was still 2.03L before any schemes. Would have been simply easier for me to pay whole amount and get 10000 HDFC cashback instead of the whole emi paperwork etc.

But i have received free 1 year LG insurance, Jio device and a korean mink blanket too. I still think 65' C8 under 2lacs is exceptional price.

Attachments

• lgins1.jpg
    lgins1.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 17
  • lgins2.jpg
    lgins2.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 17
My 65' LG C8 actually cost me 1.93L in the end and i made my disappointment known to the LG Brand Shop owner because he had offered it at around 1.85L. The WePayEmi scheme is only applicable on 18 months emi(14+4) not the 12 months as he had told. As a result the one emi amount reduced and it cost me higher. The base/invoice price was still 2.03L before any schemes. Would have been simply easier for me to pay whole amount and get 10000 HDFC cashback instead of the whole emi paperwork etc.

But i have received free 1 year LG insurance, Jio device and a korean mink blanket too. I still think 65' C8 under 2lacs is exceptional price.

18/4 month scheme expired on 30th Oct as per the communication by bajaj executive on 31st Oct 2018..

Congrats on your purchase :) Its really a good price.

Sometimes these kind of things happen. But don't let it take away your happiness. Enjoy your new TV with your family. Don't forget to post some pics. :)

Congrats on your purchase :) Its really a good price.

Sometimes these kind of things happen. But don't let it take away your happiness. Enjoy your new TV with your family. Don't forget to post some pics. :)
Yeah i don't mind. I am very happy with the purchase.

Hi Friends,
If i buy the Sony 55 x9000f via fullpayment with HDFC Debit card. Will i get the 10% cashback? Or should i go for emi to get the cashback?
I'm not getting clear info even on the stores. Need your input friends. Thanks in advance.

Hi Friends,
If i buy the Sony 55 x9000f via fullpayment with HDFC Debit card. Will i get the 10% cashback? Or should i go for emi to get the cashback?
I'm not getting clear info even on the stores. Need your input friends. Thanks in advance.
Yeah, it's confusing. Sony brandshop told me cash back in only for emi. Though it doesn't say so anywhere.

Yeah, it's confusing. Sony brandshop told me cash back in only for emi. Though it doesn't say so anywhere.
I bought the same TV yesterday. Had to go for 6 month EMI option for getting the cashback. Also the cash back will come only after three months. I.e. after 3 emis are paid.

Lg 65c8 2.37
Sony 65x90f 2.33
Bangalore reliance digital prices
Any member got better pricing in Bangalore?
Unable to go to Devi's due to distance?
Even considering best bang for buck - mi tv 4 pro 55inch.....
Pls give ur inputs

Lg 65c8 2.37
Sony 65x90f 2.33
Bangalore reliance digital prices
Any member got better pricing in Bangalore?
Unable to go to Devi's due to distance?
Even considering best bang for buck - mi tv 4 pro 55inch.....
Pls give ur inputs

You may want to go the extra mile and visit Devi's
They have very competitive prices.
Even LG Shoppe where I bought 55C8 has better pricing than 2.37L for 65C8

Cheers,
Raghu

Reliance Digital (Jayanagar) is giving a 55C8 at 1.3L (base price) and a Sony A8 at 1.5L.
At those prices, it should be a steal. Devi was at 1.45L for 55C8.
Talk to Arun (store manager) and mention my name - Shashank. I just got a C8 today. He threw in a stabilizer to sweeten the deal. You can swipe 2 cards for max 18k CB. So, eventual landing price was 1.3L - 18k = 1.12L
I asked around in LG brand shops and other Reliance DG. No one came close to this deal.

The t&c's of these cashback offers are confusing. Called lg & 2 credit card company helplines and even they were unclear. Even the LG website is unclear on which card which offer is applicable. Can't trust the store absolutely because they're ultimately looking to make the sale.

Is it possible to get 2 cashback from 2 cards for the same transaction as some have done? Won't LG limit it to just one?

Anyone here taken no cost emi on credit cards? Any hidden costs like GST, processing fee etc? Wonder who absorbs the cost of the interest in these offers. If it's the retailer shouldn't they offer bigger discount if you're paying full amount up front since they'll be saving on the 13% or whatever the normal interest rates on credit card emis are?

Reliance Digital (Jayanagar) is giving a 55C8 at 1.3L (base price) and a Sony A8 at 1.5L.
At those prices, it should be a steal. Devi was at 1.45L for 55C8.
Talk to Arun (store manager) and mention my name - Shashank. I just got a C8 today. He threw in a stabilizer to sweeten the deal. You can swipe 2 cards for max 18k CB. So, eventual landing price was 1.3L - 18k = 1.12L
I asked around in LG brand shops and other Reliance DG. No one came close to this deal.
What were the prices offered in other stores? And what was your final decision making point in C8 vs A8F?

The t&c's of these cashback offers are confusing. Called lg & 2 credit card company helplines and even they were unclear. Even the LG website is unclear on which card which offer is applicable. Can't trust the store absolutely because they're ultimately looking to make the sale.

I was told at Croma that the min transaction on a card is 60k and will get cash-back of 6k at 10% and you can use two cards for total 12k, even if it is from the same bank and registered in the name of a family member at the same address.

However, as you say, they are not giving the discount and will get the sale while we wait for the cash-back. If someone has already got the cash-back for an old purchase, then do share your experience.

As for the hidden costs on zero-int EMI, GST at 18% will be charged on the interest that is waived off. You can see the calculated interest on any dummy order you place in your cart on Flipkart for a similar purchase value and estimate how much GST will fall on you. The bank and vendor seem to be doing some tie-up where the vendor pays the interest portion to the bank, maybe at a discounted amount. Otherwise there would be no GST if there was no interest being charged on anyone.

Mumbai fm's looking to buy a oled tomorrow, should we exchange contact numbers in PM to communicate what best offer we're getting where?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back