Diwali Offers and rates

I was told at Croma that the min transaction on a card is 60k and will get cash-back of 6k at 10% and you can use two cards for total 12k, even if it is from the same bank and registered in the name of a family member at the same address.

However, as you say, they are not giving the discount and will get the sale while we wait for the cash-back. If someone has already got the cash-back for an old purchase, then do share your experience.

As for the hidden costs on zero-int EMI, GST at 18% will be charged on the interest that is waived off. You can see the calculated interest on any dummy order you place in your cart on Flipkart for a similar purchase value and estimate how much GST will fall on you. The bank and vendor seem to be doing some tie-up where the vendor pays the interest portion to the bank, maybe at a discounted amount. Otherwise there would be no GST if there was no interest being charged on anyone.

How is croma limit only 6k, shouldn't it be 9k viz what's written in LG website (written as "multi-brand stores") & what salesperson at Vijay sales told me. Only thing is he said 9k cashback on all cards while website mentions only 3 to 4 cards.

So the cost to us on "no cost emi" for a 1.5 lakh transaction would be approx 3.5k (150,000 x 13% interest x 18% Gst), right?

The t&c's of these cashback offers are confusing. Called lg & 2 credit card company helplines and even they were unclear. Even the LG website is unclear on which card which offer is applicable. Can't trust the store absolutely because they're ultimately looking to make the sale.

Is it possible to get 2 cashback from 2 cards for the same transaction as some have done? Won't LG limit it to just one?

Anyone here taken no cost emi on credit cards? Any hidden costs like GST, processing fee etc? Wonder who absorbs the cost of the interest in these offers. If it's the retailer shouldn't they offer bigger discount if you're paying full amount up front since they'll be saving on the 13% or whatever the normal interest rates on credit card emis are?

CB is only when the transaction is converted into EMI. If you use a Debit card, the principle is reduced to factor in the interest (but EMI x number of installments = cost of product to you), in the case of a Credit card, the card company will charge interest but the interest will be rolled back. In both cases, CB will take max 90 days to credit.

What were the prices offered in other stores? And what was your final decision making point in C8 vs A8F?

No store got below 1.45 L for the C8. I chose the C8 over A8 for higher nits and me watching less sports and more of movies and high resolution content, for which it looked to me like I didn't have to pay a higher premium of about 30k extra.

Reliance Digital (Jayanagar) is giving a 55C8 at 1.3L (base price) and a Sony A8 at 1.5L.
At those prices, it should be a steal. Devi was at 1.45L for 55C8.
Talk to Arun (store manager) and mention my name - Shashank. I just got a C8 today. He threw in a stabilizer to sweeten the deal. You can swipe 2 cards for max 18k CB. So, eventual landing price was 1.3L - 18k = 1.12L
I asked around in LG brand shops and other Reliance DG. No one came close to this deal.
Congrats on your tv.

Would you mind mentioning which 2 cards (as in, which bank's credit cards) did you use? Does it say anything about the cashbacks on your invoice? Could you please tell what is mentioned about it ?

CB is only when the transaction is converted into EMI. If you use a Debit card, the principle is reduced to factor in the interest (but EMI x number of installments = cost of product to you), in the case of a Credit card, the card company will charge interest but the interest will be rolled back. In both cases, CB will take max 90 days to credit.
So as in my example the approx cost to us for a no cost emi would be 3.5k for a 1.5 l transaction, right?

Congrats on your tv.

Would you mind mentioning which 2 cards (as in, which bank's credit cards) did you use? Does it say anything about the cashbacks on your invoice? Could you please tell what is mentioned about it ?

I used an HDFC Debit and an ICICI Credit card. The swiping machine gives out the TnC in which all details are clearly mentioned. The invoice doesn't contain the details. Each of the card swipes (70+60) was converted into 6 month EMIs with details of EMI and dates, etc mentioned in the swipe receipt. No other processing was required. However, you may need to check the bank for eligibility, in case using the Debit card. For HDFC, you need to send an SMS - "DCEMI 5333" to check pre-approved loan.

So as in my example the approx cost to us for a no cost emi would be 3.5k for a 1.5 l transaction, right?

There is no cost to us, as the principal is reduced so that the cost to us is transferred back. So, all in all, IMHO there is no extra cost to the lender.

Today Demoed the Panasonic 55FZ950D OLED . This OLED is available for 1.65 lacs + Soundbar without any negotiation, at panasonic brandshop. Its a good offer, but remember, this tv supports HDR10+ but not dolby vision though as told by sales executive.

Samsung Q6FN QLED is available for 1.56 Lacs + free 49 inch tv. Good deal IMHO and for 1.31L without the Free Tv at chroma store. For Sony A8f the best price i got at Chroma store is 1.60 lacs without any freebies/wireless headphones, but cashback offer is available on credit card.

Final rates I've got are 2.15L for 65" C8 and 1.35L for 55" C8 (LG store - parel). However, he's offered to let me use multiple cards to get more cash back. (It's 3 yrs warranty compared to 2 and I'll get a few freebies + scratch card for discount)

Total cashback on 65 inch could be 20-23k plus 3k+ cb on the scratch card (cb between 3k to 40k depending on luck)

Final rates I've got are 2.15L for 65" C8 and 1.35L for 55" C8 (LG store - parel). However, he's offered to let me use multiple cards to get more cash back. (It's 3 yrs warranty compared to 2 and I'll get a few freebies + scratch card for discount)

Total cashback on 65 inch could be 20-23k plus 3k+ cb on the scratch card (cb between 3k to 40k depending on luck)

hi

how much CB on using multiple cards? 10k (ie max discount as per LG t&c's) or 20k (ie 10k x2)?

Sony 55AF8, 1.6L with free sony wireless headphones worth 20k.
Can get 12k cashback with 2 cards..

So 1.48L with free sony wireless headphones if you include cash back.

I searched the market for C8 and finally bought 65C8 for a final price of 2.07lac without any freebies. CB applicable after this price. Got it delivered yesterday. Competitors scared me saying that at this price they could have given a demo piece. Now searching the forum for the post giving tips to identify demo TV. I remember reading it earlier. I am planning to schedule the installation over the weekend. The kind of margins dealers keep is amazing. Almost everyone dropped 25 to 40k during dragged negotiations. I am not talking of discount from MRP. MRP seems to be insane. I don't know what is the purpose of that.

I searched the market for C8 and finally bought 65C8 for a final price of 2.07lac without any freebies. CB applicable after this price. Got it delivered yesterday. Competitors scared me saying that at this price they could have given a demo piece. Now searching the forum for the post giving tips to identify demo TV. I remember reading it earlier. I am planning to schedule the installation over the weekend. The kind of margins dealers keep is amazing. Almost everyone dropped 25 to 40k during dragged negotiations. I am not talking of discount from MRP. MRP seems to be insane. I don't know what is the purpose of that.

many dealers do this. I got good quotes for a qled q8cn from a couple of big shops, i happened to go visit a samsung plaza and asked the price he told me a rather high final price. I told him im getting it outside for cheaper. he started saying those will be demo units or you will not get warranty will be grey market. I told him they were Made in Vietnam units with samsung import stickers and inr MRP he started saying that is grey market since samsung is Made in India :p

You can easily tell if the unit was a demo one just by looking at the condition of the box and tapes, also some tvs have a protective film on the screen that needs to be removed, dust on the tv or smell of cleaning agents will be another dead giveaway, one dealer did try to push that to me, the box was damaged like it was opened a few times and the tapes werent properly put.

many dealers do this. I got good quotes for a qled q8cn from a couple of big shops, i happened to go visit a samsung plaza and asked the price he told me a rather high final price. I told him im getting it outside for cheaper. he started saying those will be demo units or you will not get warranty will be grey market. I told him they were Made in Vietnam units with samsung import stickers and inr MRP he started saying that is grey market since samsung is Made in India :p

You can easily tell if the unit was a demo one just by looking at the condition of the box and tapes, also some tvs have a protective film on the screen that needs to be removed, dust on the tv or smell of cleaning agents will be another dead giveaway, one dealer did try to push that to me, the box was damaged like it was opened a few times and the tapes werent properly put.
Thanks for the tips. I also browsed through other threads giving similar suggestions. The box looks ok, but I didn't see too much at the tapes. I will see carefully when the unit is taken out during installation.

Friends, just got delivered my Sony 55 x9000f today from Reliance digital :)
It looks new to me. No visible damage on box or taping.
Manufacturered date is September 2018 , Made in india.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back