DLP, Full HD/1080P projector to bring from US.... need suggestion as soon as possible please...

Naveenbnc

Dear All,

I want to get a DLP, FULL HD 1080P PJ from US.

DrKracksuggested the following models in a different thread. (Thank you very much Drkrack !!!) He specifically mentioned DLP is the way to go...

BENQ: W1070+, HT2050, HT3050
OPTOMA :HD37, HD28SE Etc

Out of these, which one is easy to get serviced in india (hyderabad)??

Or any other models to look at ?? I can afford 500 to 600$
Any international warranty models that can work on Indian voltage will be great !!! Compact size is a plus.

I will also study from my end, buy i have very less knowledge on pj. That's why seeking seniors help..(.I personally auditioned Optima HD27, and I liked it)

Thanks in advance...
-Naveen

Last edited:
Out of these, which one is easy to get serviced in india (hyderabad)??

Sure US is the way to get electronics.. But there are some models aval in offline local market.. It might just be in your budget (or) you can do a negotiation..Servicing shouldn't be a problem.. Once you are able to get a list of products, you can then narrow down based on your needs..

Can't purchase anything with ready cash....need to go for emi,....so, local market purchases is difficult:(

If there is any Full hd model in india that can be as good as Optoma hD27 under 50k, I will buy in India with warranty.

If i have to go upto 70k for that picture quality, I will get it from Us and take the risk of warranty

If there is any Full hd model in india that can be as good as Optoma hD27 under 50k, I will buy in India with warranty.

If i have to go upto 70k for that picture quality, I will get it from Us and take the risk of warranty
Try in ebay.in may be with coupon code you can get it for 60+

Can't purchase anything with ready cash....need to go for emi,....so, local market purchases is difficult:(

Some accept CC payment, but they charge 1 ~ 2% extra.. Post that, you can convert to EMI with bank..

But getting it from US is cheaper.. Evaluate both options..

Ya ya ...I am doing that elangoas...trying to understand specs and reviews...

YesI'mlooking for DLP FULLHD

Based on the previous threads in this forum the below are good

ViewsonicPJD7720HD
OptomaHD27 (i saw it personally)

Andthe below models suggested by Drkrack
BENQW1070+, HT2050, HT3050
OPTOMA:HD37, HD28SE Etc​

SinceI'm risking warranty, all i need to know which model has international warranty (if possible)
Andcanbe serviced in india (hyderabad)​

hi all....
As I am reading... DLP has a lamp life of 2000-5000 hrs & LED has a life upto 20000 hrs.
LED has lesser brightness compared to DLP (if I am not wrong)

What is the advantage of DLP over LED? (i am also reading to understand...)
What do i compromise if i take LED 1080 FULL HD projector?

Any suggestions please ....

most probably I may go with VIEWSONIC PJD7720HD or Pro7827HD.
That is the only company with 3 year warranty (parts) & 1 year on bulb.
Both are 2200:1 in contrast.
But brightness is 3200 & 2200 respectively. (is a 2200 good enough with a little day light?)

The other choice is OPTOMA HD27 or HD143X.
The only down side is 1 year warranty (parts) and 3 months on bulb.

PJ_1.JPG

Hello all...
Some PJs have 3000 Ansi Lu & 22000:1 contrast

Some have 2000 Ansi Lu & 15000:1

Is the picture quality noticibly inferior for the second configuration ?? Or... Does it depend on the brand and model also ??

Please suggest....

DLP has a lamp life of 2000-5000 hrs & LED has a life upto 20000 hrs.

What is the advantage of DLP over LED? (i am also reading to understand...)

DLP projectors are either powered by a single lamp (white) (or) powered by RGB-LED.. Lamp based projector need bulb replacement at specific intervals.. LED, on the other hand don't need lamp replacement..

LED has lesser brightness compared to DLP (if I am not wrong)

LED might have lesser brightness compared to lamp based projectors.. But lesser brightness (or) more brightness will depend on the ambient light in the room (on screen).. Very recently, i purchased 3 x LED-DLP projectors, and they are just fine for my needs..

What do i compromise if i take LED 1080 FULL HD projector?

None.. Only advantage being, the lamp requires no replacement..

most probably I may go with VIEWSONIC PJD7720HD or Pro7827HD.
That is the only company with 3 year warranty (parts) & 1 year on bulb.

Does View-sonic honor international warranty? If not, this will not matter..

The other choice is OPTOMA HD27 or HD143X.
The only down side is 1 year warranty (parts) and 3 months on bulb.

Either Optoma (or) viewsonic should be fine, assuming no international warranty..

Some PJs have 3000 Ansi Lu & 22000:1 contrast

Some have 2000 Ansi Lu & 15000:1

Is the picture quality noticibly inferior for the second configuration ?? Or... Does it depend on the brand and model also ??

Don't read too much in to ANSI lumens (or) contrast.. These high numbers are out of the box and without calibration.. Post small user adjustments, these numbers might drop.. (Reviews will tell you this)..

Thank you so much 3langoas... regarding 3 year warranty, ....my thinking is that in 3 years time period, there is a good chance I may go to Us one or more times... But any way most of the times we get it repaired here locally.

And yes...reading many articles is giving clarity as well as more questions.

Il go for an LED full hd.
Tha ks a lot !!

Thank you so much 3langoas... regarding 3 year warranty, ....my thinking is that in 3 years time period, there is a good chance I may go to Us one or more times... But any way most of the times we get it repaired here locally.

And yes...reading many articles is giving clarity as well as more questions.

Il go for an LED full hd.
Tha ks a lot !!
I got a BENQ 2050HT from US and it works fine. No rainbow effects, no issues. Plus it works for 240v as well. Make sure if u wanna get it, put it in your hand luggage. Can't trust the airport luggage guys.
Note: it doesn't look great if you have lot of ambient light in your room

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back