Home Theater Projector around 70k

Get2Ricky

I already have Sony Bravia 1080p 32inch Led TV and acceptable 5.1 HT setup hooked up with my gaming PC. Now all I need to upgrade is my screen to match the big sound. I was thinking about getting a 43-50inch Led tv but then a friend suggested to go for a projector instead, so I am lil confused now that I should go for 50inch Led tv or 1080p projector and I have a budget f around 70k only.

After some research I got few projector shortlisted and tbh I don't know a thing about projectors so I need help which brand and model would be perfect for my needs.

1. Optoma hd141x
2. Optoma hd26
3. Epson 5200
4. Benq w1070

It need to be full hd, 3D, proper black levels (not gray) and maintenance free I hope.

On enquiring about the prices in local market they exceed 70k I know but if I buy it from Amazon.com I will be getting all the models under 70k. And yeah I talked to Amazon.com customer care about the warranty and they said if they the product is sold by Amazon I.e. Seller is Amazon itself then you will get the manufacturer warranty in India also along with 30days replacement warranty from Amazon.

So guys help me out on this, I am in no hurry as its my first PJ purchase so I will take my time and then buy.

Thank you

Why so? Isn't it inferior to hd26?

Yes, but it's abit more expensive than HD141, maybe marginal difference but still, for a starter who is new to projectors, I seriously think HD141 should be fine.
The discussion is about people who want to get their first projector, so I recommend this, for any upgrades there r other models ;)
Cheers,
Aditya

Yes, but it's abit more expensive than HD141, maybe marginal difference but still, for a starter who is new to projectors, I seriously think HD141 should be fine.
The discussion is about people who want to get their first projector, so I recommend this, for any upgrades there r other models ;)
Cheers,
Aditya

What about Epson 5200 or 2030 as I heard they are great for their reliability service and economical with lamp cost and maintenance thing and above that being lcd they don't have rainbow effect either?

What about Epson 5200 or 2030 as I heard they are great for their reliability service and economical with lamp cost and maintenance thing and above that being lcd they don't have rainbow effect either?

I don't think I have read much of rainbow effects in new projectors, I mean the recently launched ones,maybe the ones in past couple of years, atleast I have not read much, but in Optoma HD141 I have not read anywhere actually

I don't think I have read much of rainbow effects in new projectors, I mean the recently launched ones,maybe the ones in past couple of years, atleast I have not read much, but in Optoma HD141 I have not read anywhere actually

Hmmm ok, and is it safe to buy from Amazon global site and wise decisions to save money sacrificing warranty?

Hmmm ok, and is it safe to buy from Amazon global site and wise decisions to save money sacrificing warranty?

Yes of course, obviously u don't want to pay 1lakh for 1 year warranty, am I right.
Only thing u need to do is get a 1 KVA UPS exclusively for the projector.
am using my AVR and projector both connected to a 1KVA UPS.
UPS is about 3 or 4 K and depending on brand, it ranges to 10 K also.

And I see there is only 5-6k difference in price of 141x and hd26 so still 141x preferred? And how is Epson 5200, 2030 and benq 1070w when compared to optoma? Confused between these models tbh as some people say go for lcd to avoid rainbow and maintenance cost :\

Go for epson projectors they are much better then optoma or benq,infact they are no.1 in the world in projector making and also in terms of picture quality,service,parts durability/replacement,since they have a very wide network coverage for service centers in india.

EH TW-5200 is a 3lcd projector price around 80 to 90k,whereas benQ 1070 is DLP projector,epson has better contrast then benQ (15000:1).

still better model is TW-6100 which will cost you around 1.10k.

Buying online is taking a chance especially when it comes to warranty issue?? since you are paying a huge price,better to buy locally to have peace of mind..

r/s

And I see there is only 5-6k difference in price of 141x and hd26 so still 141x preferred? And how is Epson 5200, 2030 and benq 1070w when compared to optoma? Confused between these models tbh as some people say go for lcd to avoid rainbow and maintenance cost :\

HD26 is good as well ... not that I dont recommend it ...... but you have to add the shipping and customs fees upon that 5 or 6K difference ...... where as you will get the HD141X delivered to your doorstep at the price of HD26 .... One of my friend got HD26 ... and its really good. More over you will not find that much enormous difference in picture quality between HD141X and HD26 .... its upto you to check with your budget and finalize

Other brands ... i dont want to comment coz I have had very less experience with them.
All I can say is Check with your budget, HD141X will be delivered to your doorstep within 55K I belive and if you are lucky Amazon will refund the customs fees, my friend got a 12K refund after a month of his purchase. So basically he got the projector for 45K something.

Just check with the options considering your budget as well.
Like the other member rajesh srinivas mentioned above, you can definitely go for other projectors as well ... but like he mentioned these projectors are 80 - 90K ... if you r ready to spend that much, I suggest you buy the projector in India only.

I am sure that unless you are a pro audiophile u will not find much difference with the picture quality between these models, one thing is sure that the more you raise your budget the more and better projector you will get with regards to all specs not only one or 2.

When it comes to warranty and all for HD141X, like I suggested before ... get a 1KVA UPS and protect it. The distributor of Optoma in India said that they will provide any kind of service and spares for HD141X, that is not a problem, only thing is the 1 year warranty they cannot give coz its purchased from US Amazon, i spoke to the Manager before I bought this projector.

My suggestion if you buy a projector in India also, please get a UPS no matter what, no stabilizer no nothing .. just a UPS and that too 1 KVA. I strongly recommend that, you dont want to take risk with the power fluctuations and power-cuts and these products are very sensitive and very costly. Even though your entire house is connected with a Inverter or something ... I suggest you get a separate UPS for projector.

Cheers,
Aditya

HD26 is good as well ... not that I dont recommend it ...... but you have to add the shipping and customs fees upon that 5 or 6K difference ...... where as you will get the HD141X delivered to your doorstep at the price of HD26 .... One of my friend got HD26 ... and its really good. More over you will not find that much enormous difference in picture quality between HD141X and HD26 .... its upto you to check with your budget and finalize

Other brands ... i dont want to comment coz I have had very less experience with them.
All I can say is Check with your budget, HD141X will be delivered to your doorstep within 55K I belive and if you are lucky Amazon will refund the customs fees, my friend got a 12K refund after a month of his purchase. So basically he got the projector for 45K something.

Just check with the options considering your budget as well.
Like the other member rajesh srinivas mentioned above, you can definitely go for other projectors as well ... but like he mentioned these projectors are 80 - 90K ... if you r ready to spend that much, I suggest you buy the projector in India only.

I am sure that unless you are a pro audiophile u will not find much difference with the picture quality between these models, one thing is sure that the more you raise your budget the more and better projector you will get with regards to all specs not only one or 2.

When it comes to warranty and all for HD141X, like I suggested before ... get a 1KVA UPS and protect it. The distributor of Optoma in India said that they will provide any kind of service and spares for HD141X, that is not a problem, only thing is the 1 year warranty they cannot give coz its purchased from US Amazon, i spoke to the Manager before I bought this projector.

My suggestion if you buy a projector in India also, please get a UPS no matter what, no stabilizer no nothing .. just a UPS and that too 1 KVA. I strongly recommend that, you dont want to take risk with the power fluctuations and power-cuts and these products are very sensitive and very costly. Even though your entire house is connected with a Inverter or something ... I suggest you get a separate UPS for projector.

Cheers,
Aditya

Thank you for your inputs bro, as i already mentioned about my funds things in your thread, i don't think spending 90K is worth if i can get the same in 55K or something without warranty. As you said if any problem comes its easily repairable so going for Amazon US will be wise i guess. And as i am already using my HT setup with my Gaming PC i already have a double battery UPS which is protecting my AVR and PC along with surge protector, voltage stablizer. Only SVS sub is without UPS and stablizer though.

Thank you for your inputs bro, as i already mentioned about my funds things in your thread, i don't think spending 90K is worth if i can get the same in 55K or something without warranty. As you said if any problem comes its easily repairable so going for Amazon US will be wise i guess. And as i am already using my HT setup with my Gaming PC i already have a double battery UPS which is protecting my AVR and PC along with surge protector, voltage stablizer. Only SVS sub is without UPS and stablizer though.

Cool :)
take time and decide if u think u still have the confusion :)
Cheers,
Aditya

Back